Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Adams out 3-6 Weeks

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Vernon Adams out 3-6 Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    Didn't we see their back-up come in during the 1st game of the season against SHSU? I believe Adams got dinged up and the backup came in for one play and proceeded to throw a beautiful ball for a touchdown in the back of the end zone - his first career TD (if I'm didn't just dream all of this up ). Can anyone confirm? The guy obviously looked pretty decent on THAT play.

Who knows, maybe they'll be OK, and maybe without Adams as a "security blanket" EWU might scale things back and work on some obvious areas of weakness against what looks to be an advantageous schedule.

1 play against a team that got rolled by a D2 is way different than entire games in conference

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    1 play against a team that got rolled by a D2 is way different than entire games in conference
    A real conference, yes. The big fluffy, debatable.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I agree with you, but I'm also not hoping for EWU to fall-off or, heaven forbid, to miss the playoffs. Frankly, I want them in the FFD or at Frisco, playing well and at full strength.

I agree with you, but I'm also not hoping for EWU to fall-off or, heaven forbid, to miss the playoffs. Frankly, I want them in the FFD or at Frisco, playing well and at full strength.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Didn't we see their back-up come in during the 1st game of the season against SHSU? I believe Adams got dinged up and the backup came in for one play and proceeded to throw a beautiful ball for a touchdown in the back of the end zone - his first career TD (if I'm didn't just dream all of this up ). Can anyone confirm? The guy obviously looked pretty decent on THAT play.

Who knows, maybe they'll be OK, and maybe without Adams as a "security blanket" EWU might scale things back and work on some obvious areas of weakness against what looks to be an advantageous schedule.
    Yesterday, Charlie Whitehurst came in to replace an injured Jake Locker and went 2-2 2tds on his first two throws. How'd that work out for him?(hint, he lost the 25pt lead...)
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

What the hell is wrong with you people? You guys are sadist. I want the easiest path possible to the 4th natty. Sometimes it's okay to be lucky and to take advantage of the bad luck of others, especially when it's Eastern Washington. And don't give me that crap that they would always say we got lucky because we didn't play them at full strength. Good. Let them say that. I don't care as long as we get our 4th in a row.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people? You guys are sadist. I want the easiest path possible to the 4th natty. Sometimes it's okay to be lucky and to take advantage of the bad luck of others, especially when it's Eastern Washington. And don't give me that crap that they would always say we got lucky because we didn't play them at full strength. Good. Let them say that. I don't care as long as we get our 4th in a row.
    I'm with you on this. Every team experiences injuries. Every team has obstacles to overcome. Some more than others. But it is a team sport. If the sum of the whole can't replace one, then I'm not sure that team is worth a darn anyway. VA is a baller but I don't like him. Reminds me of Manziel with more swag.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

It's not revenge I want... It's a reckoning.

And I want them at full strength when it happens.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    It's not revenge I want... It's a reckoning.

And I want them at full strength when it happens.
    What he said.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    I'm with you on this. Every team experiences injuries. Every team has obstacles to overcome. Some more than others. But it is a team sport. If the sum of the whole can't replace one, then I'm not sure that team is worth a darn anyway. VA is a baller but I don't like him. Reminds me of Manziel with more swag.
    Were just gonna have to disagree on this one. In my view, if you are a team trying to right the ship (like up north), or have had injury issues, or have some other major reason why you are not at full tilt (or can't get yourself to full tilt), then you hope for everyone to come back to your level.

When you are the defending champs, or two-time defending champs, or on the rare occasion 3-time defending national champs, you want the best of the best to come into your place during the playoffs and HAVE AT IT. Even more so for a team that buys out a game (Montana State, Georgia Southern) or that hands you your last loss on the road and denies you the first of would have been 4 national titles (EWU).