Thread: Watch Party

Default Watch Party

Does anybody have information on a bar having a Bison watch party in Rapid City????

Thanks

Default Re: Watch Party

Google : NDSU alumni watch parties

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

You can contact a bar in the area and see if they have ESPN Gameplan. Apparently the Western Illinois game is on ESPN3 and ESPN Gameplan. With ESPN Gameplan there is no need to stream the game from the internet. Many bars are not set up for streaming. I made arrangements for Rookies in Sioux Falls to be a Watch Party site. Rookies was going to do ESPN3 streaming even though they rarely do it, but in the process found this game is on ESPN Gameplan.
    NOTE: The Alumni Association would need to have information by this afternoon to add a site to the Watch Party List.

I might add that if a bar CAN do a streaming ESPN3 hookup, that would be in HD.

GamePlan is SD (standard-def, not South Dakota)...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    I might add that if a bar CAN do a streaming ESPN3 hookup, that would be in HD.

GamePlan is SD (standard-def, not South Dakota)...
    Thanks for the info. I did not know Gameplan was just standard definition. The guy that was going to set up the streaming is going to be at the bar on Saturday so this seems like a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Thanks for the info. I did not know Gameplan was just standard definition. The guy that was going to set up the streaming is going to be at the bar on Saturday so this seems like a better option.
    Just curious, are they providing a computer or going through a smart tv or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Just curious, are they providing a computer or going through a smart tv or something?
    At the last couple watch parties I've been to in Denver, I think the guy hosting it brings his laptop and hooks it up to a tv; I kinda read SD's post as maybe they'd do something like that.

At my house, I'm gonna have my tablet hooked up; but I also get GamePlan for a backup in case I have trouble with the feed...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    At the last couple watch parties I've been to in Denver, I think the guy hosting it brings his laptop and hooks it up to a tv; I kinda read SD's post as maybe they'd do something like that.

At my house, I'm gonna have my tablet hooked up; but I also get GamePlan for a backup in case I have trouble with the feed...
    The guy that is setting up the streaming works for Rookies. I believe it will be from a laptop computer. Also, I assume to get full HD and not buffer it would need to be a direct hook up to internet, not wireless.