Page 987 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 48788793797798598698798898999710371087 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,870 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The allotment is probably something like 4K-5K which would be something like 1/3 of the season tickets getting a seat if everyone requested all of their seats.
    True, but we also likely bought up most of the 9k pre-sale seats, so it's closer to 13-14k overall. We got 4 in the presale, and wish we'd bought 8.

last year was the worst ndsu fanbase i've ever seen in frisco, it was old and boring.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    My parents are snowbirds in Arizona, and they aren't going. You are wrong.

Note to others: I tried using his logic and thought process and I still feel wrong.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure what's more amazing, the fact that he keeps at it, or the fact that you boomers keep responding to him, thinking that you're somehow going to change his mind
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I'm not sure what's more amazing, the fact that he keeps at it, or the fact that you boomers keep responding to him, thinking that you're somehow going to change his mind
    I know. I ignore 90% of what he says because it's idiotic or useless. Kind of like that coach who screams for holding on every play (sometimes before the ball is snapped). Don't you have a job to do? It gets to a point that nothing he will ever say is worth listening to even if it makes sense. I know idiots/trolls like him exist on every forum, and they do generate chatter. But to me they make it very annoying to try to read forums. I do it a lot less these days.

LOL at yelling for holding before the ball is snapped. I'll bet officials hear some funny and colorful things from coaches.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Nobody thinks the prick will change his mind.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    last year was the worst ndsu fanbase i've ever seen in frisco, it was old and boring.
    I think El Chapo wants to start a euthanasia program for older Bison fans. Just like Hurling Day in the Dinosaurs tv show back in the day!

(The fact I remember Dinosaurs probably suggests I am on his list.)
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

For the millionth time just put him on ignore...

Stop responding to him, you're the ones feeding his need to make the conversation about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I think El Chapo wants to start a euthanasia program for older Bison fans. Just like Hurling Day in the Dinosaurs tv show back in the day!

(The fact I remember Dinosaurs probably suggests I am on his list.)
    Logan's Run!
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

LOL at yelling for holding before the ball is snapped. I'll bet officials hear some funny and colorful things from coaches.
    One of my favorites from early in my career. I'm the line judge on the home team sideline. DB gets burned bad on a long TD pass. Conversation when he gets back to the sideline.

Coach: What happened?
    Player: It was an option, so I came up to cover the option.
    Coach: Pass is one of his options!!

Another one told us before the game he was going to run a fake punt where the kicker is going to throw a high pass to one of the gunners, so one of the defenders gets a DPI by blocking the gunner (not a foul in NCAA...this was HS). He walks over before a punt and tells me they were going to do it on that play. The pass is overthrown and incomplete, but the gunner/receiver also beats the defender. No foul. The coach goes nuts because we don't have a flag. Uh coach, DPI does require contact. Your gunner beat the defender, so he didn't have a chance to make contact.

Most coaches are great, and most conversations are fun. It helps as an official to anticipate what they need (i.e. time out when the play clock is expiring or when you are down at the 5) and be open to conversations.