Page 966 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 46686691695696496596696796897610161066 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,660 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

RIP Coach Leach. I don't think people realize how great of a guy he was (especially after that bullshit at Texas Tech). He was a true innovator of offense and a hilarious interview.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Remember, if we go FBS there will be no more Nationals Championships.

There will be only Toilet Bowls, and the occasional nicer bowl late in December or early January when there is a great season.

And before you rag on me saying they we could not compete for one, ask this.....do you actually think NDSU could beat Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia, Clemson, ND, etc. in the "college football playoffs". Seriously?

I would love to beat the big boys just as much as anyone else. But I'm also a realist, that would be a long shot of a bet.
    I get what you are saying, but after literally winning a bunch of "national championships" what is the draw? It's not like it's a true national championship. It's a subdivision. Yes, we do get to say that we are the best of the schools who don't fund football very much. That is why many think that the FBS is the way to go.

With the way that the FCS is today, winning our conference and beating SDSU is our primary goal. Maybe we get to play a good team or two in the playoffs but generally speaking we don't play anyone tough until the semis or finals. If we win the whole thing we get to be happy that we were the best of 4-5 good FCS teams. Yea us!

In the FBS, the goal there would be to win our conference, play a better overall schedule and potentially get a chance to make the CFB playoff (if we have a really special season). For me, having a better overall schedule every year with the once in a decade opportunity to make it to the FBS playoffs would FAR outweigh anything we could accomplish at the FCS level.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    For me (and many) its not about getting to a "Toilet Bowl." It's about seeing how good NDSU can get.
    UTSA & Troy play in the Duluth Trading Cure Bowl on December 16th. Both teams are 11-2 and ranked 24 & 25.

Fresno State is 9-4 and plays in Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl on the 17th against Washington State who is 7-5.

Boise Stat (9-4) plays North Texas (7-6) in the Frisco Bowl on the 17th.

Remember, if we go FBS there will be no more Nationals Championships.

There will be only Toilet Bowls, and the occasional nicer bowl late in December or early January when there is a great season.

And before you rag on me saying they we could not compete for one, ask this.....do you actually think NDSU could beat Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Georgia, Clemson, ND, etc. in the "college football playoffs". Seriously?

I would love to beat the big boys just as much as anyone else. But I'm also a realist, that would be a long shot of a bet.
    Man, this is really good information I've never thought of before.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

UTSA & Troy play in the Duluth Trading Cure Bowl on December 16th. Both teams are 11-2 and ranked 24 & 25.

Fresno State is 9-4 and plays in Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl on the 17th against Washington State who is 7-5.

Boise Stat (9-4) plays North Texas (7-6) in the Frisco Bowl on the 17th.
    Montana lost in the second round of the FCS playoffs in Fargo, ND in front of a half-full crowd. UND lost in the first round at something called Weber State in front of 2k fans in a semi-blizzard.

See how this goes both ways?
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

The allure of going FBS is getting the opportunity for 1) continuing to build our brand and see how big it can get and 2) increasing our ceiling to be able to capitalize on the success of #1. For me and most, it is a long play. I think that's why you see a lot of younger folks on board with it.

Boise State would not be Boise State today if they stayed FCS. In fact, you can look no further than Boise State to see what happens to a program that doesn't take advantage of their success when they could've.
    *one day later*

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Montana lost in the second round of the FCS playoffs in Fargo, ND in front of a half-full crowd. UND lost in the first round at something called Weber State in front of 2k fans in a semi-blizzard.

See how this goes both ways?
    Bowl games are about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They are exhibition games in which players may opt out of to not risk injury prior to entering the NFL draft.

Bowl games are about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They are exhibition games in which players may opt out of to not risk injury prior to entering the NFL draft.
    I'm not sure how this relates to what I said in my post
    *one day later*

You are correct. Bowls aren't what they used to be. With the 12 team CFP, bowls are now officially (if they weren't already) exhibitions. The goal of FBS is to win your conference, play a better schedule and maybe get to the CFP. It's not about bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    You are correct. Bowls aren't what they used to be. With the 12 team CFP, bowls are now officially (if they weren't already) exhibitions. The goal of FBS is to win your conference, play a better schedule and maybe get to the CFP. It's not about bowl games.
    No kidding. My favorite game in 5 years was one we lost. It has been SIX YEARS since we have been a legitimate underdog in a football game.
    *one day later*