Page 913 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 4138138639039119129139149159239631013 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,130 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If say it is SDSU and Boise who split, I believe CSU and AFA will bite the bullet on the exit fee and go to the AAC.
    Honestly, what's more likely:

a) Cal and Stanford (and Washington) accepting SDSU and ... Boise State ... as conference peers, or
    b) the PAC implodes (UW/UO and CaliStan to B1G; four corners take the Big XII pro rata; WasSU/OrSU to MWC)

I'm leaving my marker on b).

I actually think it will be SDSU alone..

Losing the Aztecs will kill the next MW tv deal..

I do not think the Pac 10 will implode..

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    CUSA is 100 years away from the CFP. Probably more. I don’t even think I’m exaggerating.

We’re not taking a pay cut to go somewhere that’s more expensive.

The only, only, only reason NDSU would even be thinking about CUSA is if it’s a couple year stopgap to the MAC or MW. I’d allow that point to be argued but not much else. CUSA did better than most thought, but a shiny turd is still a turd.
    Is the FCS a shiny turd or just a regular turd?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    It's a hot turd melting in the sun.

Life is like a turd sandwich. The more bread you have the better it tastes.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    As a whole? Regular turd - which is why I’ve stopped paying attention to the Southern, Colonial, etc. they might as well all be the Patriot League at this point.

Moving forward our reality for the next couple of years in FCS (MVFC conference games and Big Sky/MVFC playoff games)? Better than a shiny turd, but far from perfect.

In my opinion it’s not worth trading what we have in the Valley and Big Sky for what we’d be getting in next years’ CUSA. At the end of the day it doesn’t even matter because we are not taking in ~$2M more in expenses each year while simultaneously taking at least a $1M revenue cut.

And then to play games on Tuesdays against New Mexico State? Hard pass. MW, MAC, or a greatly, greatly improved CUSA for me to get on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    “We don’t have to do anything,” Thompson said. “We’re a solid 12-team league. We had our most successful year on the court and on the field in probably a decade. Four 10-win football teams, four teams in the men’s basketball tournament. We opted to stay put as a 12-team league last year at this time and if circumstances were to change — I addressed the board on a call Monday, what could, would, should, or can we do if an institution opts to leave the Mountain West conference? — the answer is really nothing, except to explore how we would replace that member.”
    What a long, winding way to say absolutely nothing lol. “We wouldn’t have to do anything … We’d have to explore how to replace that member.”

Wut? Which is it?
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

As a whole? Regular turd - which is why I’ve stopped paying attention to the Southern, Colonial, etc. they might as well all be the Patriot League at this point.

Moving forward our reality for the next couple of years in FCS (MVFC conference games and Big Sky/MVFC playoff games)? Better than a shiny turd, but far from perfect.

In my opinion it’s not worth trading what we have in the Valley and Big Sky for what we’d be getting in next years’ CUSA. At the end of the day it doesn’t even matter because we are not taking in ~$2M more in expenses each year while simultaneously taking at least a $1M revenue cut.

And then to play games on Tuesdays against New Mexico State? Hard pass. MW, MAC, or a greatly, greatly improved CUSA for me to get on board.
    Remove MAC from your list, because it would be pretty much the same as CUSA, to include midweek games.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

What a long, winding way to say absolutely nothing lol. “We wouldn’t have to do anything … We’d have to explore how to replace that member.”

Wut? Which is it?
    The key phrase.."we wouldn't have to do anything." The exploring part is just lip service..All the schools they 'explored' before are now in the AAC. The reality is there is no school who may have interest in the MW who could come even close to providing the revenue SDSU and perhaps one other school leaving could provide. This is not a rich conference..They aren't going to add just to add..

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Remove MAC from your list, because it would be pretty much the same as CUSA, to include midweek games.
    Lol no I'll keep the MAC on MY list because the teams aren't torrid like next year's CUSA, schools are much more regional, the games are on ESPN/2, and will have more than 500 people at them.

Again I probably won't argue if someone thinks we should go CUSA because it's a springboard to somewhere better. I have my doubts about that but I really don't know. But if you're telling me that we should straight up jump to CUSA because it's better than the Valley, idk what to tell ya.
    *one day later*