Page 91 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 418189909192931011411915911091 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you would whore yourself out and make a move that wouldnt be in NDSUs best interest for 700K?
    You've said you're for the move if ndsu feels it's for the best. Why are you saying like it isn't here?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    You've said you're for the move if ndsu feels it's for the best. Why are you saying like it isn't here?
    If NDSU made that move I am positive they would lay it all out there to show the benefits etc. Even if I didnt agree I would still support it.
    But what I responded to was a talking point. His premise is hey---700K is a deal breaker? Plus he hasnt shown me where the move is a positive.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If NDSU made that move I am positive they would lay it all out there to show the benefits etc. Even if I didnt agree I would still support it.
    But what I responded to was a talking point. His premise is hey---700K is a deal breaker? Plus he hasnt shown me where the move is a positive.
    challenging the athletics programs and supporters to play at a higher level. All the chest thumping I hear from the bison faithful about the quality of football program we have and so many are afraid to go up and play the schools that take football seriously... Really makes no sense to not go IF we can find any sort of way to afford it without making the taxpayer pay for it.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...a4bcf887a.html

Just to stir the pot. Here, is chatter of the MVFC conference moving up and merging with the SunBelt. Talk about a super conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...a4bcf887a.html

Just to stir the pot. Here, is chatter of the MVFC conference moving up and merging with the SunBelt. Talk about a super conference.
    Yawn................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The other bottom line is can be surpass our present notoriety. It could be argued we become another Ball State. Who really care about Ball State? Who even knows where Ball State is at? Right now, the college football community is quite aware of NDSU and Fargo.
    How many elite FCS schools have moved to FBS and you can say are now a better program? Marshall would have to be the best example. This is probably one of their best seasons ever at the FBS level and can you honestly say they're better than their last FCS season?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    How many elite FCS schools have moved to FBS and you can say are now a better program? Marshall would have to be the best example. This is probably one of their best seasons ever at the FBS level and can you honestly say they're better than their last FCS season?
    Boise State. They were a junior college when NDSU won their first national championship in 1965. Went to D 2. They to DIAA where they won the national championship in 1980.

NDSU is much much closer to Boise State than Western Kentucky, U MASS, Georgia Southern, APP. State, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tball_programs

Look at the # of shit teams on this list. Seriously, take away the Big Sky and MVFC teams. And look at the number of "small" time schools.

Boise State. They were a junior college when NDSU won their first national championship in 1965. Went to D 2. They to DIAA where they won the national championship in 1980.

NDSU is much much closer to Boise State than Western Kentucky, U MASS, Georgia Southern, APP. State, etc.
    We're not. We're 35 - 40 years behind Boise State.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We're not. We're 35 - 40 years behind Boise State.
    LOL For most of the 20th Century, NDSU was light years ahead of Boise State because they did not have a #$#$ program. The reason they passed NDSU and our growth has been retarded by 20 years is because of guys like you and your mentality. We could have gone up in the mid 1990s for DI and DIAA. Now, you want to hold the program back even after we rewrite history and Quad.

LOL For most of the 20th Century, NDSU was light years ahead of Boise State because they did not have a #$#$ program. The reason they passed NDSU and our growth has been retarded by 20 years is because of guys like you and your mentality. We could have gone up in the mid 1990s for DI and DIAA. Now, you want to hold the program back even after we rewrite history and Quad.
    For most of the 20th century ndsu was awful at football.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo