Page 9 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 789101119591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

What is the visiting team's ticket allotment in the MAC/MWC? Currently it's 500 for the MVFC, unless I've been misinformed.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    The bolded may have been true ~5 years ago, but the MW isn't what it used to be. Hell, Wyoming has a decent chance to finish in the top half of the conference this year. No Utah, no BYU, no TCU, and it appears Boise St. may be losing some of its luster.
    The conference is a bit down for football but it is full of well supported programs. The second best team in our conference(UNI) didn't exactly look great against a bottom half MWC team in Hawaii. I won't even get into the difference in media coverage, which is beyond massive.

When you compare it to the our other conference the Summit, the step up is well massive.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ndsu is a top engineering/architect school so let's see it!!
    Sounds legit.

Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

I have a question for the"""we must move up now""" crowd. Where do we move up to? I dont see any conference invites. Plus you cant force your way in to a conference. You can say we are moving up all you want but if you dont have a conference to play in this is just an exercise in mental masturbation.

And just to stop all the BS of, we could go here or there lets just say NOBODY want NDSU in their conference and we are frozen out.

So what do you FBS pud pounders do now?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Why would the state pay for maintenance? do they pay for the maintenance of the fargodome? I thought that the authority took care of that.
    A new stadium owned by NDSU and paid for 100% by donations would STILL require the approval of the State because responsibility for ongoing maintenance is ultimately on the taxpayers. This was pointed out clearly when Chapman and the Foundation did an end run around the Legislature and SBOHE in acquiring the building that is now Barry Hall. That's another burr under the saddles of some in the Legislature. Any plans to add facilities needs support from solid data or it won't get out of Bismarck. It's something we need to deal with going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I don't see the state getting in the way if NDSU had the money to build its own stadium all up front, that said I don't think NDSU could built its own stadium without some kind of bonding.

I would love to see skarpoll lee Carlson kelsch faces when NDSU starts a $100 million PRIVATE FOOTBALL STADIUM DRIVE. Nothing they could do to stop and if they did NDSU fans should have a bison walk at the Capitol
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I think the MWC is a big step up but I don't see them adding us. It is an upper level G5 conference and a very good basketball conference.

Also not sure where Boise is going to go. Like us they have geography and market issues when you talk about the P5 but on top of that they also have academic issues. The Pac 12 will never touch them, that leaves just the Big 12 and that would make them a big outlier.
    The MWC as a football conference gets little respect nationally. What you said about Boise State reinforces that it's not really a desirable place to land IMO. I used Boise as an example because everybody sees them as the poster child for success and they were invited to join the Big East. The geography of the MWC sucks. Road night games that start at 9:00 locally and aren't over until Midnight mean our football program becomes invisible to most of the region for half of the season. You are 100% correct about basketball. NDSU basketball would be a bottom feeder in the MWC.

NDSU admin needs to SELL THEMSELVES to MWC/MAC. (1000 is visiting team ticket allotment tatanka)

NDSU has never put together a "marketing/promo" piece and sent it to the mountain west presidents desk (or Mac)

You need to egg out there and press some palms!!

(Basketball would be better in the MWC recruits would be much better & we could steal missou valley recruits and maybe a big 10 borderline kid from minn or wisc that wants to stay home

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I would love to see skarpoll lee Carlson kelsch faces when NDSU starts a $100 million PRIVATE FOOTBALL STADIUM DRIVE. Nothing they could do to stop and if they did NDSU fans should have a bison walk at the Capitol
    You're joking right. Do you have any idea how things work in Bismarck? Going to battle against the Super Majority could set NDSU back decades. Bresciani knows what not to do.

If NDSU raises all the money privately. They can't do squat about it!! they didn't stop the NAZI-IGLOO