Page 889 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 389789839879887888889890891899939989 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,890 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by All4One View Post
    True! But do your leaders have aspirations to be bigger and better? Also, so glad your forum has a Block/Ignore feature. It's good to stay positive & hopeful when so many others result to tearing down others in order to feel elevated.
    NO our AD is from shithole D2 Stony Brook so is his lackey the Deputy AD. they are just happy to be here and go back east & brag about how they are taking us midwestereners hard earned tax money

our former President was from Texas A & M & was gungho football and all that, but fell in love with a lady last few years, knew he was retiring so didn't pursue FBS.

there has been 0 zilch nada out of our new president from Kansas U

Most of our bigger donors are from small town north dakota think this is just the greatest ever being a big fish in a small pond and going to frisco every year because they are familiar with the place.

So Yea. NDSU admin hasn't sent out 1 EMAIL or PHONE call to the Mountain West or frankly any conference. its always the same cliche line when someone asks them.

"we are monitoring the FBS world .. blah blah blah"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NO our AD is from shithole D2 Stony Brook so is his lackey the Deputy AD. they are just happy to be here and go back east & brag about how they are taking us midwestereners hard earned tax money

our former President was from Texas A & M & was gungho football and all that, but fell in love with a lady last few years, knew he was retiring so didn't pursue FBS.

Most of our bigger donors are from small town north dakota think this is just the greatest ever being a big fish in a small pond and going to frisco every year because they are familiar with the place.

So Yea. NDSU admin hasn't sent out 1 EMAIL or PHONE call to the Mountain West or frankly any conference. its always the same cliche line when someone asks them.

You'll be happy to know your buddy All4one has also been pumping up Stony Brook as a great CUSA add.
    Yay, Stony Brook!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Looking past the clown show, how anyone can get on board with a conference adding the worst of FCS to its ranks is beyond me.

A lot of media out there saying this may be the worst "fbs" conference ever assembled, and I agree.
    Can't imagine replacing MVFC games with JSU, FIU, SHSU and even possibly SFA/Tarleton in the future.

It sounds like Tarleton isn't even off the table, just delayed a couple years.
    It might not have come to that if we had joined in the early rounds. With NDSU in the conference, especially prior to our performance this year as the season has unfolded, the conference would have been seen in a more favorable light. A conference with NDSU, WKU, Liberty, MTSU, and UTEP is not "the worst FBS conference ever assembled." It just isn't. But now, CUSA is becoming a regional conference of FCS out of necessity, rather than a national conference with some quality teams.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Instead of the options C-USA is pursuing I still say they'd have been better off creating C-USA "North Division". It could've reestablished that "national" panache.

Why?
    • C-USA gets teams to protect from being raided again (and creates a divisional schedule to limit travel).
    • Northern plains schools get the FBS invitation.

Would there be a split in 5-7 years? Most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I'm so FBS it hurts sometimes and even I know that the onus is on CUSA to prove it's viable beyond the next 12 months before NDSU even starts to sniff around there.

And no, adding Kennesaw was not the move anyone was looking for. Neither are EKU or Tarleton.
    I don't know why anyone is surprised we would want to get into the state of Georgia with its next available program with the top 5 states for recruiting being Georgia, California, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida with CUSA now positioned to be in 4 of those states. Anyone who didn't see Kennesaw being added hasn't been paying attention.

I don't know why anyone is surprised we would want to get into the state of Georgia with its next available program with the top 5 states for recruiting being Georgia, California, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida with CUSA now positioned to be in 4 of those states. Anyone who didn't see Kennesaw being added hasn't been paying attention.
    I guess that's my point. CUSA probably doesn't make sense for NDSU and NDSU probably doesn't make sense for CUSA.

FWIW, I'm not like some here who want to see CUSA fail. I would really like for Sammy and Jacksonville State to be successful to help draw up some additional inspiration around here. I guess we'll see.

Further growth of FBS, further stagnation of FCS, more conference movement, more cascading realignment. All of it in my opinion increases NDSU's chances of getting to where it can be most successful. Party on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

You are such a dick. At least they donate. I know of a small town MN lakes country guy that doesn't.

Queue the "I've raised millions for NDSU on social media" reply
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All about the "markets"

Trouble is CUSA will have the 5th tier team there, after UGA, Georgia Tech, Georgia Southern and Georgia St.
    Kennesaw average game attendance was a little under 6,000 last year.

It's exactly like going after Towson because of Baltimore, or Stony Brook because of New York.
    This is what CUSA thinks is a winning strategy.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You really need to just go away and start supporting a team, administration, and fanbase that shares your values. You clearly have no respect for anything that North Dakota/Fargo/NDSU/Bison Athletics have to offer you. Even as you say you support the FB team, you constantly trash it for its style of play (not airing it out, not playing the supposed superstar backup QB, blah, blah, blah) and have no respect for any of the characteristics that have created a tradition of success.

Go be a find another team and fanbase that makes you happy. That'd be best for your mental health.
    Insert something clever here...

Every sport gives an automatic qualifier for conference champions (even the FCS) so why should basketball be any different?

Like I said before, we're hated. The most hated. Because of our football. But this is why I fully support the Division 1 Transformation Committee's proposal to eliminate automatic qualifying bids to the NCAA Tournament. It makes things fair for conferences like ours that are more invested in basketball when conferences like the MAC, Sun Belt, and others that put almost all of their resources into football while leaving pocket change for basketball are no longer playing in March Madness in the Big Dance.
    It's OK to not be OK.