Page 888 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 388788838878886887888889890898938988 ... LastLast
Results 8,871 to 8,880 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by All4One View Post
    Like I said before, we're hated. The most hated. Because of our football. But this is why I fully support the Division 1 Transformation Committee's proposal to eliminate automatic qualifying bids to the NCAA Tournament. It makes things fair for conferences like ours that are more invested in basketball when conferences like the MAC, Sun Belt, and others that put almost all of their resources into football while leaving pocket change for basketball are no longer playing in March Madness in the Big Dance.
    If it is any consolation All4One, I've taken a bunch of lumps around here because I actually think CUSA is the most viable path for NDSU to FBS and believe we should have been putting ourselves out there to the conference during the realignment craze. I'm in a minority on this. But then again, a few years ago, I was a minority on wanting to go FBS. Now most people are onboard with the idea. A year or two from now, people will see that CUSA would have been a good option, but the doors will be closed.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 10-17-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking past the clown show, how anyone can get on board with a conference adding the worst of FCS to its ranks is beyond me.

A lot of media out there saying this may be the worst "fbs" conference ever assembled, and I agree.
    Can't imagine replacing MVFC games with JSU, FIU, SHSU and even possibly SFA/Tarleton in the future.

It sounds like Tarleton isn't even off the table, just delayed a couple years.

I'm so FBS it hurts sometimes and even I know that the onus is on CUSA to prove it's viable beyond the next 12 months before NDSU even starts to sniff around there.

And no, adding Kennesaw was not the move anyone was looking for. Neither are EKU or Tarleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Like I said before, we're hated. The most hated. Because of our football. But this is why I fully support the Division 1 Transformation Committee's proposal to eliminate automatic qualifying bids to the NCAA Tournament. It makes things fair for conferences like ours that are more invested in basketball when conferences like the MAC, Sun Belt, and others that put almost all of their resources into football while leaving pocket change for basketball are no longer playing in March Madness in the Big Dance.
    Getting rid of basketball AQ bids because you suck at football is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
    You seem to think this will penalize the other G5 conferences, but all it will do is allow the Power conferences to grab 95% of the bids.

College Basketball does move the needle quite a bit, wish we had a bigger sword with that sometimes.

that said. if Mountain West was OFFERED a proposal by NDSU ADMIN.. a CREATIVE one.... I bet NDSU could swing a deal. (we take less tv money if we keep our current tv set up) that's a win win, take a lesser percentage of March Madness money yearly, there are WAYS for NDSU to sweeten the deal for the MWC.

but we'd have to actually pick up a phone or email them to get started, something they HAVE NOT DONE YET!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Getting rid of basketball AQ bids because you suck at football is the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.
    You seem to think this will penalize the other G5 conferences, but all it will do is allow the Power conferences to grab 95% of the bids.
    Being McFeely's ant-CUSA soyboy dicksucker on this forum makes you look stupid too.

Being McFeely's ant-CUSA soyboy dicksucker on this forum makes you look stupid too.
    Better than sucking Tarleton's dick like you do.

but WE GOT OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 10-17-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hey, his jersey # isn't #2-- might want to edit that quick
    but WE GOT OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True! But do your leaders have aspirations to be bigger and better? Also, so glad your forum has a Block/Ignore feature. It's good to stay positive & hopeful when so many others result to tearing down others in order to feel elevated.

True! But do your leaders have aspirations to be bigger and better? Also, so glad your forum has a Block/Ignore feature. It's good to stay positive & hopeful when so many others result to tearing down others in order to feel elevated.
    "Positive" LOL. I tried to stay civil until you went all apeshit because you can't handle the truth.