Page 878 of 1360 FirstFirst ... 378778828868876877878879880888928978 ... LastLast
Results 8,771 to 8,780 of 13591

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I never saw CUSA as a viable home for NDSU and I followed D1 CFB for decades before I started paying any attention to FCS. That’s where the ire you detect is coming from. What your conference is doing to survive – calling up low-level FCS teams with minimal followings in already saturated markets – is bad for the subdivision, plain and simple

So yes, from that angle I care, but like you say, I’ll get over it
    This is interesting. We know North Dakota State will never get a bid to a Power 5 league because the brands of Power 5's are too arrogant to call up an FCS no matter if you have 9 or 900 FCS titles. So what is a viable FBS league for NDSU? Sun Belt won't take them nor will the AAC. Mountain West? Would NDSU be okay being in a Mountain West that has only Hawaii, San Jose State, New Mexico, UTEP, & New Mexico State? And maybe South Dakota State and a couple of Big Sky teams? Because the Mountain West stands a very good chance of looking very much like that. Craig Thompson knew that too. That's why he's stepping down. It's not unusual for longtime commissioners to step down before a conference starts getting ripped apart. Look at us with Britton Banowsky, and the ASUN with Ted Gumbart as two more good examples of that.

Delaware appears to be heading to FBS too.

Gonna be stuck here like we were in D2 for far too long......

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Delaware appears to be heading to FBS too.

Gonna be stuck here like we were in D2 for far too long......
    What conference for the Fighting Hens bro?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by All4One View Post
    This is interesting. We know North Dakota State will never get a bid to a Power 5 league because the brands of Power 5's are too arrogant to call up an FCS no matter if you have 9 or 900 FCS titles. So what is a viable FBS league for NDSU? Sun Belt won't take them nor will the AAC. Mountain West? Would NDSU be okay being in a Mountain West that has only Hawaii, San Jose State, New Mexico, UTEP, & New Mexico State? And maybe South Dakota State and a couple of Big Sky teams? Because the Mountain West stands a very good chance of looking very much like that. Craig Thompson knew that too. That's why he's stepping down. It's not unusual for longtime commissioners to step down before a conference starts getting ripped apart. Look at us with Britton Banowsky, and the ASUN with Ted Gumbart as two more good examples of that.
    You mean like the Big 12 is getting gutted now that Bowlsby is gone? MWC will be just fine

Go get Delaware and change my opinion about CUSA

Look bro, I didn’t mean to offend your sensibilities. I wanted to see FBS get smaller, not bigger, and I took "transformational" literally. My bad but I defend my right to have opinions about what your conference is doing to survive

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What conference for the Fighting Hens bro?
    https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I only had a nickel for everytime a reporter said <school x> is doing <thing y> because of <reason z>. Click bait until the school announces.

You mean like the Big 12 is getting gutted now that Bowlsby is gone? MWC will be just fine

Go get Delaware and change my opinion about CUSA

Look bro, I didn’t mean to offend your sensibilities. I wanted to see FBS get smaller, not bigger, and I took "transformational" literally. My bad but I defend my right to have opinions about what your conference is doing to survive
    LOL! I find your comments amusing. As far as the Big XII, they were certainly not gutted. They lost 2 good teams, but that was NOT a gutting. Even so, Bowlsby did step down not long after that change. Dan Beebe, who commissioned the Big XII right before Bowlsby actually stepped down after Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, & Missouri left. Something to consider too is that the Big XII was not going to struggle to replace teams when your league has an AQ bid to an NY6 bowl as well as NCAA-sanctioned autonomy status. Conference USA didn't have any of that and neither does the Mountain West.

LOL! I find your comments amusing. As far as the Big XII, they were certainly not gutted. They lost 2 good teams, but that was NOT a gutting. Even so, Bowlsby did step down not long after that change. Dan Beebe, who commissioned the Big XII right before Bowlsby actually stepped down after Nebraska, Colorado, Texas A&M, & Missouri left. Something to consider too is that the Big XII was not going to struggle to replace teams when your league has an AQ bid to an NY6 bowl as well as NCAA-sanctioned autonomy status. Conference USA didn't have any of that and neither does the Mountain West.
    I was being sarcastic about the Big 12. Apparently it went over your head. My apologies

If anyone is getting gutted, well, ...
    the PAC is open on the table and the two most important organs (USC/UCLA) are removed and will be B1G-ly transplanted. Now the rest of the "surgeons" are looking for what else they might want to cut out for transplant.

I've said before I could see ...
    UW/UO/CaliStan to B1G
    Four Corners to BXII
    WasSU/OrSU merge with MWC (and maybe keep PAC name to keep "autonomy conference" status)

You are assuming the MW is going to be gutted? Where are all these schools going to go? San Diego State checks some boxes but the rest of the conference members don't. You do know that the exit fee with 2 years notice is 16 million bucks..The fee for leaving with 1 year notice is 35 million.

I think the Pac 10 will remain the Pac 10 for awhile. I think the MW will have the same lineup for awhile as well.

Thompson is in his late 60's and is just retiring for the usual reasons.