Page 852 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 352752802842850851852853854862902952 ... LastLast
Results 8,511 to 8,520 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I cant wait to see the melt down that happens here when we do FINALLY move up but it's not the conference we wanted that week
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I cant wait to see the melt down that happens here when we do FINALLY move up but it's not the conference we wanted that week
    I say we go FBS indy and then only schedule FCS teams.

That way both camps are happy.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I believe that because a large chunk of the G5 is no better than the MVFC. I used the term "bad" or "dogshit" football loosely. The MVFC is full of great athletes and football programs. So are the G5 conferences. There is a lot of bad football teams in each as well.

Y'all might think I'm lying but I'm 100% fine when the FBS move comes. I just don't think it'll push the buttons with a big portion of the fan base (older generation of which NDSU carries a shit load of passionate fans). And then when you get a season where there's 3-4 losses on the schedule by the end of October, the Fargodome will be full of blue seats.

Let it rip to FBS at this rate, fuck it.
    I think that is where I get frustrated with your take. I do think that the MVFC is a great FCS conference but in no way is the MVFC top to bottom better than any G5 conference. CUSA included. Not on the field, on the court, in the stands, budget wise. MVFC is more stable than CUSA, I'll acknowledge that. I believe our knowledgeable fanbase knows that. They know that we are going to take some lumps along the way if/when we move to FBS and they also know that we aren't going to be a B1G school but they relish the idea of being the underdog again against those P5 schools. If we move to FBS and go 8-4 consistently and occasionally have the chance at a undefeated or one loss season, the fans will be happy with that. Happier than they currently are being the "bully" in a subdivision that we clearly don't belong in.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think that is where I get frustrated with your take. I do think that the MVFC is a great FCS conference but in no way is the MVFC top to bottom better than any G5 conference. CUSA included. Not on the field, on the court, in the stands, budget wise. MVFC is more stable than CUSA, I'll acknowledge that. I believe our knowledgeable fanbase knows that. They know that we are going to take some lumps along the way if/when we move to FBS and they also know that we aren't going to be a B1G school but they relish the idea of being the underdog again against those P5 schools. If we move to FBS and go 8-4 consistently and occasionally have the chance at a undefeated or one loss season, the fans will be happy with that. Happier than they currently are being the "bully" in a subdivision that we clearly don't belong in.
    MVFC would be just fine against the CUSA in 2023.

All good. You can be frustrated with my take but that's a big portion of the fans. Do you think a 75 year old 30 year old season ticket holder gives a rats ass about FBS? I quite honestly, do not. They grew up in the NCC days, survived a small stint of the Great West (where seats where readily available), and have had the last decade with a chunk of teams from the old NCC, some good new regional rivals (UNI was great for a minute), and some awesome playoff atmospheres.

A lot of that is going bye bye soon. And yes...people do care about all that, and for whatever reason they get called small minded. I disagree with that take.

It's only a matter of time at this point. All that needs to be answered is the when and where.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    MVFC would be just fine against the CUSA in 2023.

All good. You can be frustrated with my take but that's a big portion of the fans. Do you think a 75 year old 30 year old season ticket holder gives a rats ass about FBS? I quite honestly, do not. They grew up in the NCC days, survived a small stint of the Great West (where seats where readily available), and have had the last decade with a chunk of teams from the old NCC, some good new regional rivals (UNI was great for a minute), and some awesome playoff atmospheres.

A lot of that is going bye bye soon. And yes...people do care about all that, and for whatever reason they get called small minded. I disagree with that take.

It's only a matter of time at this point. All that needs to be answered is the when and where.
    I think a knowledgeable college football fan of any age who sees a team win 9 of 11 championships knows that it likely means that we are playing at the wrong level of football. That sentiment is driving the current attendance and fan engagement erosion. I don't think that sentiment is tied to age or length of season ticket holder status. If someone is intent to hold on to the past knowing that it is limiting the present and future, in my opinion that is small minded. You label it what you want.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I think a knowledgeable college football fan of any age who sees a team win 9 of 11 championships knows that it likely means that we are playing at the wrong level of football. That sentiment is driving the current attendance and fan engagement erosion. I don't think that sentiment is tied to age or length of season ticket holder status. If someone is intent to hold on to the past knowing that it is limiting the present and future, in my opinion that is small minded. You label it what you want.
    I will. The second level of football excites some more than others, that's for sure.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not directed at any one person, but I think this thread is running in circles. Nobody, and I mean nobody has said NDSU couldn't be competitive in the FBS or that FCS is the best place for us. The fact is we haven't received an invite, and without that nothing happens. We can talk about why we haven't gotten an invite, but it most definitely isn't because people on the internet are arguing. I highly doubt it's because our AD and Pres aren't interested. It's also clear that not all FBS options are equal, and some are arguably worse for NDSU as a whole than what we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Not directed at any one person, but I think this thread is running in circles. Nobody, and I mean nobody has said NDSU couldn't be competitive in the FBS or that FCS is the best place for us. The fact is we haven't received an invite, and without that nothing happens. We can talk about why we haven't gotten an invite, but it most definitely isn't because people on the internet are arguing. I highly doubt it's because our AD and Pres aren't interested. It's also clear that not all FBS options are equal, and some are arguably worse for NDSU as a whole than what we have now.
    Bingo

But for some reason some need to keep beating a dead horse.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the GOAL is that G5 CFP spot!!.. that should be NDSUs prime focus!!..

Going 12-0 in Mountain West/CUSA/AAC with 2 Power 5 wins WILL get you into the CFP even if your G5 conference isn't #1
    Yes, beating Sagarin #124, #141, #184, #189 (out of 131 FBS teams) will surely get us in.
    Either you don't understand how this works, or just don't care.

CUSA has zero chance of getting a CFP bid ... the teams are just that bad. MVFC is better.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Bingo

But for some reason some need to keep beating a dead horse.
    Well that’s just because they don’t know how to fish.
    Don't believe everything you think.