Page 850 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900950 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 13496

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Assuming NDSU moves up to FBS in a G5 conference..Who are the top 5 G5 schools you most want to play?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    My opinion is that overall the NDSU fan base is pretty knowledgeable about college football and the Bison place in it. They understand that we are and have consistently been a top 50ish program in the nation. The reality is FCS doesn’t give us a chance to prove that and never will. In my conversations with others, the biggest excitement centers around the possibility to prove that. Is there a risk that we won’t be able to and the fan engagement drops because of it? Yes. Currently there is no way for us to prove our status in the college football world and that it demoralizing to fan enthusiasm. Simple as that. I get wanting to aim for the best conference affiliation/situation possible. I just tend to believe that every passing season only makes it more urgent and likely requires NDSU to take more risks to get there.
    Sounds about right. And probably realistically probably finish around your stated rank anyway.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Assuming NDSU moves up to FBS in a G5 conference..Who are the top 5 G5 schools you most want to play?
    It’s gonna be Boise and Wyoming. Maybe JMU and GSU due to history.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    It’s gonna be Boise and Wyoming. Maybe JMU and GSU due to history.
    That's 2...Any others?

UNLV - Destination Game
    Boise - Best odds of being the best team can we play.
    Northern Ill - So we can say we are the best team in the MAC without being in the MAC
    Memphis - Destination game and Liberty Bowl
    Coastal | Liberty - Best teams we might have a chance for a home and home.

I would be interested to see who we can get for the non-conference home games after making the jump. The current upper class of G5 no shot. MAC schools all need their pay days. That said I assumed we were MWC so you have the new AAC, Sun Belt, and CUSA. Can we pull some decent home and home contracts?

Lots of MVFC type teams in those conferences after you take out the top. Western Kentucky, Marshall, UTSA… I don’t know but after getting into a conference the non conference home games might be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    UNLV - Destination Game
    Northern Ill - So we can say we are the best team in the MAC without being in the MAC

I would be interested to see who we can get for the non-conference home games after making the jump. The current upper class of G5 no shot. MAC schools all need their pay days. That said I assumed we were MWC so you have the new AAC, Sun Belt, and CUSA. Can we pull some decent home and home contracts?

Lots of MVFC type teams in those conferences after you take out the top. Western Kentucky, Marshall, UTSA… I don’t know but after getting into a conference the non conference home games might be tough.
    That is a good list..

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's 2...Any others?
    I can't totally place why, but I've always wanted the Bison to play Appy and Marshall. I also like the potential of the MWC teams since I could travel much easier to those from here, especially BSU. Also, going to a game in Fresno or San Jose would get me kinda close to visiting my son at college in SLO.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I can't totally place why, but I've always wanted the Bison to play Appy and Marshall. I also like the potential of the MWC teams since I could travel much easier to those from here, especially BSU. Also, going to a game in Fresno or San Jose would get me kinda close to visiting my son at college in SLO.
    San Diego is close to SLO too..

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

San Diego is close to SLO too..
    Yeah. We're considering buying a vacation rental in SLO or nearby and possibly retiring there eventually. Such a great area. Several beaches, a ton of wine, a slower pace, etc. It would also be amazing to have the Bison regularly traveling to several places within 5 hours of us.
    Insert something clever here...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EP NDSU Fan View Post
    UNLV - Destination Game

For the eastern teams, a Bowl game would likely be the best opportunity to play them.
    A lot of the G5 schools try to stay somewhat regional for OOC games.

Liberty has stated this is their goal going forward and dropped a lot of their other OOC games.

MWC bowl tie-ins look pretty decent: they have Bowls against PAC, ACC, AAC, SBC, MAC and CUSA.