Page 85 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687951351855851085 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Anomaly? I am well aware of what the god-like Sagarin has for his conference and team rankings for this year. Honestly, in my non-humble opinion, I am not buying that the MVFC is a better conference this year than the MAC. The eye test does not convince me that the MVFC is a better conference than the MAC. Granted, NDSU would win the MAC. But the talent on national TV, that I watch every week on ESPN/ESPN 2 looks better than the "average" MVFC talent. I guess NFL scouts are delusional, too based on the # of MAC draft picks versus MVFC. How many MVFC players have ever been drafted in the 1st round of the NFL? 2 years ago, the top pick in the NFL draft was from the MAC. And arguably, the best player from this year's was from the MAC--Khalil Mack, who was drafted 3rd overall. And is already a BEAST.

The MAC blows away the MVFC in talent sans NDSU, attendance, national exposure, national televised games and TV ratings. To say that joining the MAC and being on ESPN or ESPN 2 6x a year and FBS is not a step up is just being
    ignorant. Hell, maybe in 4 years, NDSU could have the top overall pick in the NFL draft if it joined the MAC. Or a top 3 pick.
    So you're eyeball test is looking at the best of (both in teams and players) the MAC and then not including NDSU in the MVFC? Seems about right.

In regards to the rest of your observations, yes we get it, the MAC is an FBS conference. Every logical thought should tell us the FBS>FCS. FBS players should be better than FCS players. FBS teams should be better than FCS teams. FBS conferences should be better than FCS conferences. Same can be said for BCS. BCS players should be better than FBS players. BCS teams should be better than FBS teams. BCS conferences should be better than FBS conferences.

Sometimes a player screws up that reasoning (Fisher, Mack, Turner, Mays, and many more). Sometimes a team screws up that reasoning (NDSU, Northern Illinois, Boise St, and many more). Why can't that be the same for conferences? In the last 3 years, both conferences have won 2 games against the other conference (and none of which were teams named NDSU), so obviously the talent isn't that far off. Shoot, a MVFC team that's only win last year was against something called Quincy beat a MAC team that won 10 games last year. Obviously the talent level of the MAC blows away the MVFC.

National Exposure? Really, you are going to play that card? I'll let you in on a big secret: The only people that care about the MAC schools are students, alumni, and parents of the athletes at said-school. Same can be said for the MVFC. I'm going to guess that MAC schools' enrollments are higher than those in the MVFC, so yes they will have more people watching, but is 8000 that much bigger than 7000 when looking at "National Exposure"?

TV? Show me any team from the MAC that's been on National TV 6x this year. I honestly don't know if there are any or not. I'll take National TV in the playoffs, championship game, and GameDay while having a regional/national tv FBS game and having the entire state of ND watching. The only thing that transfers over if NDSU moves to the MAC is the entire state of ND watching as long as NDSU keeps winning (if it's even available to the entire state - good luck with simulcast rights from ESPN).

We've been feeding this troll so much that he's getting fat. Somebody call Gabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Almost? We got 4 votes in the AP poll. We need 83 votes to crack the top 25. I "almost" went on a date with Kate Upton. I got on Facebook and sent her a message. She just hasn't responded yet. I guess you are right since 2 people voted for us there is no reason to move up.
    What's the point of moving up? Just to get top 25 votes but never get enough respect to be taken seriously? I'm sorry for you pro FBS guys but this about the worst timing ever nationally for NDSU to be making a move. You have absolutely no valid argument for moving up now except to justify your agendas.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Almost ranked nationally... No need to go FBS when we're already getting votes. Not sure where you're going with the "hosting themselves" comment
    i was talking about other teams in the conference

Well. Obviously the development foundation has heard our FBS voices and are getting things ready for a FBS push
    http://kfgo.com/news/articles/2014/n...medium=twitter
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

You dont read well

President and CEO Doug Mayo needed to bring the groups to the Division-1 level and some of the employees may not have been able to adapt.

And they will push even farther now!

Mayville bison. All MAC teams have been on national tv a minimum of 3 times, NIU like 7 times. Espn espnu & 2 !

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What's the point of moving up? Just to get top 25 votes but never get enough respect to be taken seriously? I'm sorry for you pro FBS guys but this about the worst timing ever nationally for NDSU to be making a move. You have absolutely no valid argument for moving up now except to justify your agendas.
    How about to become relevant in BIG time college football and a top 20 team in country.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Mayville bison. All MAC teams have been on national tv a minimum of 3 times, NIU like 7 times. Espn espnu & 2 !
    you have to excuse some of these guys. National tv to them is ESPN 3, NBC ND, and midco.

also they think that FS1 aired the NDSU/ISU game because of NDSU, just because Kolpack wrote it. LOL. the fact that ND has to run HD trucks down to UNI shows that NDSU needs to get the hell out of this division. so sad. NDSU deserves so much more.