Page 849 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3497497998398478488498508518598999491349 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

holy crap THERE ISN'T A SOLID FCS PROGRAM OUTSIDE of SDSU, Montana schools MAYBE. just maybe.

the rest are straight garbage and we all know it.

ANYTHING FBS is better than the $hit we have now, last weeks game was a yawner... So we get SDSU every other year at home, OH BOY!!!

there is a CFP spot for a G5 TEAM in 2024 NDSU better f<cking be in a FBS conference else just shut down the program or Fire the Pres/AD

I mean look at this below, we all should be embarassed for still being here. Stonehill U ? Stetson?

1 North Dakota State (24) 4-1 670 1
    2 Montana (3) 5-0 648 2
    3 South Dakota State 4-1 621 3
    4 Sacramento State 4-0 571 5
    5 Montana State 4-1 559 4
    6 Delaware 5-0 548 6
    7 Weber State 4-0 509 7
    8 Jackson State 4-0 480 8
    9 Chattanooga 4-1 442 10
    10 Holy Cross 5-0 431 11
    11 UIW 4-1 386 12
    12 Mercer 4-1 357 13
    13 Villanova 3-2 390 15
    14 UT Martin 3-2 286 17
    15 Samford 4-1 275 19
    16 Fordham 4-1 216 20
    17 William & Mary 4-1 205 21
    18 Elon 4-1 196 23
    19 Missouri State 2-3 190 9
    20 Southeastern Louisiana 3-2 162 24
    21 Eastern Washington 1-3 108 18
    22 Stephen F. Austin 2-3 103 14
    23 Rhode Island 3-2 89 25
    24 Southern Illinois 3-2 83 NR
    25 Southeast Missouri State 4-1 81 NR

Dropped Out: Austin Peay (16), Richmond (22)

Others Receiving Votes: Austin Peay, 72; Richmond, 48; Princeton, 24; Abilene Christian, 21; Eastern Kentucky, 20; North Carolina Central, 19; Idaho, 12; Monmouth (N.J.), 12; Furman, 11; North Dakota, 8; Davidson, 6; Youngstown State, 5; Florida A&M, 4; Tarleton, 4; Penn, 1; Stetson, 1; Stonehill, 1.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    holy crap THERE ISN'T A SOLID FCS PROGRAM OUTSIDE of SDSU, Montana schools MAYBE. just maybe.

the rest are straight garbage and we all know it.

ANYTHING FBS is better than the $hit we have now, last weeks game was a yawner... So we get SDSU every other year at home, OH BOY!!!

there is a CFP spot for a G5 TEAM in 2024 NDSU better f<cking be in a FBS conference else just shut down the program or Fire the Pres/AD

I mean look at this below, we all should be embarassed for still being here. Stonehill U ? Stetson?

1 North Dakota State (24) 4-1 670 1
    2 Montana (3) 5-0 648 2
    3 South Dakota State 4-1 621 3
    4 Sacramento State 4-0 571 5
    5 Montana State 4-1 559 4
    6 Delaware 5-0 548 6
    7 Weber State 4-0 509 7
    8 Jackson State 4-0 480 8
    9 Chattanooga 4-1 442 10
    10 Holy Cross 5-0 431 11
    11 UIW 4-1 386 12
    12 Mercer 4-1 357 13
    13 Villanova 3-2 390 15
    14 UT Martin 3-2 286 17
    15 Samford 4-1 275 19
    16 Fordham 4-1 216 20
    17 William & Mary 4-1 205 21
    18 Elon 4-1 196 23
    19 Missouri State 2-3 190 9
    20 Southeastern Louisiana 3-2 162 24
    21 Eastern Washington 1-3 108 18
    22 Stephen F. Austin 2-3 103 14
    23 Rhode Island 3-2 89 25
    24 Southern Illinois 3-2 83 NR
    25 Southeast Missouri State 4-1 81 NR

Dropped Out: Austin Peay (16), Richmond (22)

Others Receiving Votes: Austin Peay, 72; Richmond, 48; Princeton, 24; Abilene Christian, 21; Eastern Kentucky, 20; North Carolina Central, 19; Idaho, 12; Monmouth (N.J.), 12; Furman, 11; North Dakota, 8; Davidson, 6; Youngstown State, 5; Florida A&M, 4; Tarleton, 4; Penn, 1; Stetson, 1; Stonehill, 1.
    Yup....see ya there on the 15th. Going to be a wild one.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Where Georgia Southern on that sagarin? Ya there's dog shit football at every level, including FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Reality is a bitch because you can't just make up a F'ing schedule. Those schedules are made up and based on conference affiliation and FBS scheduling, which, obviously NDSU doesn't have.

I'm not saying the FCS schedule is going to outdraw the FBS one. All I'm saying is...depending on which conference NDSU ends up in....for a big portion of the NDSU fan base it doesn't matter. Read the game thread from YSU and talking about the white hairs sitting on their asses not cheering. Ya think that's gonna change when Toledo comes rolling in? Cmon. Those fans aren't going anywhere.

And BTW...EL CHAPO was the one that brought up JMU, along with Toledo and Tulane...neither of which will get me to Fargo for a game anymore than whatever "teacher school" is on the docket. If schools like that get your dander up so be it.
    Not a made up schedule. Examples of real schedules from real teams this year. Used to counter your point that any schedule without SDSU on it kills our program. You’ve been making that point for months. It doesn’t.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah NDSU isn't Notre Dame or BYU but it also isn't UConn or UMass either.

Going Indy and doing it right would require a ridiculous amount of money that we don't have. It would also require an alumni base similar to BYU that lives and dies with the program and doesn't really care about conference affiliation. IMO very hard to do outside of the private schools.

That being said, I don't know if staying FCS is any better. Either we continue winning and the fan base continues to wane, or we start losing and the fan base...grows? Idk
    You are insane if you think going FBS independent is better for the future of the program than staying FCS. I would argue we are more likely to get an invite from FCS than from being FBS independent, especially if we struggle to schedule 4 home games a year…..

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My opinion is that overall the NDSU fan base is pretty knowledgeable about college football and the Bison place in it. They understand that we are and have consistently been a top 50ish program in the nation. The reality is FCS doesn’t give us a chance to prove that and never will. In my conversations with others, the biggest excitement centers around the possibility to prove that. Is there a risk that we won’t be able to and the fan engagement drops because of it? Yes. Currently there is no way for us to prove our status in the college football world and that it demoralizing to fan enthusiasm. Simple as that. I get wanting to aim for the best conference affiliation/situation possible. I just tend to believe that every passing season only makes it more urgent and likely requires NDSU to take more risks to get there.

As opposed to Indiana State and Western Illinois? And I hate to break it to you, but those JMU playoff games ain't coming back...

Let's play a game, pick your least favorite schedule:

vs Drake
    vs NC A&T
    at Arizona
    vs Youngstown State
    at Indiana State
    vs South Dakota State
    vs Illinois State
    at Western Illinois
    at Southern Illinois
    vs North Dakota

at Oregon State
    at New Mexico
    vs Tennessee Martin
    at UTEP
    vs San Diego State
    vs Fresno State
    at Air Force
    vs Colorado State
    vs Brigham Young
    at Nevada
    at Wyoming
    vs Utah State

vs Long Island University
    vs Massachusetts
    at Ohio State
    at San Diego State
    vs Central Michigan
    at Northern Illinois
    vs Kent State
    at Buffalo
    at Eastern Michigan
    vs Ball State
    vs Bowling Green
    at Western Michigan

at Arkansas
    vs Kennesaw State
    vs Miami-Ohio
    vs Indiana
    at Tulsa
    vs USF
    at SMU
    vs Navy
    vs ECU
    at Temple
    vs Tulane
    No one is arguing what would be a better schedule, question is if we get into a conference or could even get that schedule as an independent.

We CAN afford it

We would have better opponents

We just need an invite

It’s all about the invite and that is not going to be easy to get

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    No one is arguing what would be a better schedule, question is if we get into a conference or could even get that schedule as an independent.

We CAN afford it

We would have better opponents

We just need an invite

It’s all about the invite and that is not going to be easy to get
    The problem is that people have been arguing about what would be a better schedule and whether we can afford it. That’s why there’s been 850 pages of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As opposed to Indiana State and Western Illinois? And I hate to break it to you, but those JMU playoff games ain't coming back...

Let's play a game, pick your least favorite schedule:
    The MAC schedule is mostly a wash (Indiana St vs Kent St, etc) outside OSU, who might or might not agree to play us at their house. The P5 tend to schedule easy G5 home games, it's their "FCS tuneup" game before conference play. MAC would be fine though.

MWC and AAC are both clearly superior. AAC would take a miracle to happen for a number of reasons.

Also, agree Chapo's notion of playing JMU again is ludicrous, it won't happen in FBS either.

The problem is that people have been arguing about what would be a better schedule and whether we can afford it. That’s why there’s been 850 pages of posts.
    I don’t think there are many people left that think that. We can afford it and would be more interesting (except maybe CUSA). It’s not even worth arguing it anymore.