Page 84 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586941341845841084 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    When has a MAC team ever won a national championship?

And to add onto that, I fully expect NDSU to carry any conference they are in other than a P5 conference. Absolutely nothing would change other than the distance I have to travel to watch road games.
    cool. So NDSU will be nationally ranked most of the time with the big schools?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    http://www.gosycamores.com/ViewArtic...CLID=205237124

this stadium cant have empty sections on the west side... BECAUSE THERE ISNT 1 OVER THERE!!
    Maybe you should do a road trip next year. Or check directions.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    cool. So NDSU will be nationally ranked most of the time with the big schools?
    Almost there now, so no need to move any where else.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    You are delusional. When has a MVC team played in a BCS game?
    When has MVC had a game on national tv? Be objective. NDSU to a large degree has carried the MVC. Top to bottom, the MAC is a better conference.
    One total fluke year where NIU had about 5 different things go their way and they end up in the Orange Bowl and get embarrassed? NIU is ranked 99 right now by Sagarin and half the MVFC is ahead of them. Take NDSU out of the MVFC and add an average FCS team and the MVFC remains a higher ranked conference than the MAC. I'm sorry but you don't understand what you are even blabbering about. Heck, you're even delusional enough to think the MAC really wants NDSU. I seriously doubt they even have NDSU on the radar for expansion plans.

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are delusional. When has a MVC team played in a BCS game?
    When has MVC had a game on national tv? Be objective. NDSU to a large degree has carried the MVC. Top to bottom, the MAC is a better conference.
    Be objective? How are you being objective in this case? Taking one anomaly a few years back that made the Orange Bowl?

Northern said the MAC is weaker than the MVFC and the numbers prove it. Looking at Sag rankings, the MVFC is 6+ points better. Taking out NDSU, the MVFC is still 4+ points better. If you had head to head matches 1vs1, 2vs2, all the way down to 10vs 10, Sagarin predicts the MVFC team would be favorites in 9 of the 10 situations and that doesn't even include the MAC's 3 worst teams.

Maybe I'm delusional for clicking the "View Post" button instead of just passing by

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    Be objective? How are you being objective in this case? Taking one anomaly a few years back that made the Orange Bowl?

Northern said the MAC is weaker than the MVFC and the numbers prove it. Looking at Sag rankings, the MVFC is 6+ points better. Taking out NDSU, the MVFC is still 4+ points better. If you had head to head matches 1vs1, 2vs2, all the way down to 10vs 10, Sagarin predicts the MVFC team would be favorites in 9 of the 10 situations and that doesn't even include the MAC's 3 worst teams.

Maybe I'm delusional for clicking the "View Post" button instead of just passing by
    Anomaly? I am well aware of what the god-like Sagarin has for his conference and team rankings for this year. Honestly, in my non-humble opinion, I am not buying that the MVFC is a better conference this year than the MAC. The eye test does not convince me that the MVFC is a better conference than the MAC. Granted, NDSU would win the MAC. But the talent on national TV, that I watch every week on ESPN/ESPN 2 looks better than the "average" MVFC talent. I guess NFL scouts are delusional, too based on the # of MAC draft picks versus MVFC. How many MVFC players have ever been drafted in the 1st round of the NFL? 2 years ago, the top pick in the NFL draft was from the MAC. And arguably, the best player from this year's was from the MAC--Khalil Mack, who was drafted 3rd overall. And is already a BEAST.

The MAC blows away the MVFC in talent sans NDSU, attendance, national exposure, national televised games and TV ratings. To say that joining the MAC and being on ESPN or ESPN 2 6x a year and FBS is not a step up is just being
    ignorant. Hell, maybe in 4 years, NDSU could have the top overall pick in the NFL draft if it joined the MAC. Or a top 3 pick.

Almost there now, so no need to move any where else.
    Lol wat? Ndsu is going to host themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Lol wat? Ndsu is going to host themselves?
    Almost ranked nationally... No need to go FBS when we're already getting votes. Not sure where you're going with the "hosting themselves" comment
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Anomaly? I am well aware of what the god-like Sagarin has for his conference and team rankings for this year. Honestly, in my non-humble opinion, I am not buying that the MVFC is a better conference this year than the MAC. The eye test does not convince me that the MVFC is a better conference than the MAC. Granted, NDSU would win the MAC. But the talent on national TV, that I watch every week on ESPN/ESPN 2 looks better than the "average" MVFC talent. I guess NFL scouts are delusional, too based on the # of MAC draft picks versus MVFC. How many MVFC players have ever been drafted in the 1st round of the NFL? 2 years ago, the top pick in the NFL draft was from the MAC. And arguably, the best player from this year's was from the MAC--Khalil Mack, who was drafted 3rd overall. And is already a BEAST.

The MAC blows away the MVFC in talent sans NDSU, attendance, national exposure, national televised games and TV ratings. To say that joining the MAC and being on ESPN or ESPN 2 6x a year and FBS is not a step up is just being
    ignorant. Hell, maybe in 4 years, NDSU could have the top overall pick in the NFL draft if it joined the MAC. Or a top 3 pick.
    Joining the MAC does not guarentee ESPN or ESPN2 appearance 6 times a year. In fact, not a single game was on anything other than ESPN3 in the month of October and the Sept games that were televised were because of the teams they were playing. And in NOV if its not Tues or Wed it ain't on TV. And if you honestly thing that NDSU would choose to play all home games Tues/Weds during NOV you are joking yourself. Already had the chance to be the primo game during the playoffs and turned it down to play on Saturday because of the opportunity for a better crowd.

Almost ranked nationally... No need to go FBS when we're already getting votes. Not sure where you're going with the "hosting themselves" comment
    Almost? We got 4 votes in the AP poll. We need 83 votes to crack the top 25. I "almost" went on a date with Kate Upton. I got on Facebook and sent her a message. She just hasn't responded yet. I guess you are right since 2 people voted for us there is no reason to move up.