Page 822 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3227227728128208218228238248328729221322 ... LastLast
Results 8,211 to 8,220 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

https://sm2media.com/31214/news/usm-...to-exit-c-usa/
    It was previously reported that the typical Conference USA exit fee was $3 million, but the conference and the universities agreed to settle for a $1.75 million buyout. This was also a penalty for not giving the required 14 months’ notice before leaving. Southern Miss was required to pay the fee within 30 calendar days of receiving the notice, which it appears they have done so.
    Confidentiality was an important aspect of the agreement, as Conference USA made it clear that it did not want the agreement to become public. The Student Media Center and other media organizations requested a copy of the document on or around March 31, but C-USA filed a protective agreement on April 21 to keep the documents confidential.
    At the initial Sun Belt press conference on October 26, 2021, Southern Miss Athletics Director Jeremy McClain said that Southern Miss would save money on travel costs which could lead to Southern Miss regaining the forfeited money in the coming years.

“It is kind of hard to pin down in numbers, but it could easily be half a million dollars annually for us,” McClain said at the press conference.
    Wow. Just wow. Have you ever seen a more worthless conference? They allowed a team to not only pay half the contractual exit fee but wasn't able to do anything about them leaving early. Then tried to stop anybody from finding out what they did. This deal apparently applied to the other 2 early leavers too.

Also note the comment about improving geography being a big component. Anyone still think geography doesn't matter?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I've suspected for a while that you aren't a Bison fan. Thanks for revealing yourself.
    Yeah my 20 years of season tickets are a fad. Sorry you're one of those fans the other fan bases talk about.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    https://sm2media.com/31214/news/usm-...to-exit-c-usa/

Wow. Just wow. Have you ever seen a more worthless conference? They allowed a team to not only pay half the contractual exit fee but wasn't able to do anything about them leaving early. Then tried to stop anybody from finding out what they did. This deal apparently applied to the other 2 early leavers too.

Also note the comment about improving geography being a big component. Anyone still think geography doesn't matter?
    There's plenty in this thread who think it doesn't.

This'll make heads here swim.

Listen for yourself (start about the 17 minute mark).

(Personally I think he was talking up a facility and nothing more. Or was he.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    This'll make heads here swim.

Listen for yourself (start about the 17 minute mark).

(Personally I think he was talking up a facility and nothing more. Or was he.)
    Your AD has his own podcast? Lmao times must be pretty slow up in grand forks. And he's still a goober for not pronouncing his name "Chavez" which would be cool as hell

No I'm not listening for 17 minutes to hear how the Alerus could be FBS ready, unless it's related to a possible expansion due to some recently discovered closet space

And no, I'm not going to roll out the 1,000 point list on how SHSU and UND are completely incomparable, goodness
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Your AD has his own podcast?
    Your AD doesn't?

And you have no SoundCloud account to FFWD to where Chaves (rhymes with Blackhawk captain Toews) says, " ... and quite frankly it's an FBS facility."

No podcast, no (free) SoundCloud account, ... lemme guess, if they made you OC you'd run the veer.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    See Indy's post re state populations, enrollment, etc.

But yes, the top of the MVFC probably could, but I was referring specifically to the 4 Dakota schools ...
    Does enrollment really matter? Does their higher enrollment fill their stadiums? If a team has good fan support like NDSU they should move up regardless of enrollment.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Careful with that hint of Geography talk around these parts. Apparently it's never been a factor in conference alignment.
    It's not a factor in all conferences especially P5. But close proximity in the MAC specifically are a core benefit of their conference. If CUSA had the option to have a smaller footprint they would.

It's not an absolute show stopper but it's far from a non factor when it comes to the G5 conferences.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't think enrollment matters much in this situation. Large enrollments do help long term, though..More students means more alumni and more alumni means more boosters. Good for long term health

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Does enrollment really matter? Does their higher enrollment fill their stadiums? If a team has good fan support like NDSU they should move up regardless of enrollment.
    Yes and no. It's somewhat of a perception issue. Based on the comments I've seen here is like people think of MAC schools as small directional schools beneath NDSU when in reality they are much bigger. Not B1G big but also not urban commuter campuses like IUPUI or UMKC.

The size does create more revenue as a school and a large alumni base but that doesn't automatically equate to more investment in athletics or interest from a larger student body or alumni base.

The surrounding population and close proximity were also key points of my comment. We are on the edge of this footprint but I know people who have gone to many of these schools and there is definitely crossover of geographies with 9 of the 12 schools being in Ohio or Michigan and most fitting in an area the size of North Dakota. Even when they are UMass and Temple for awhile, I'm just as close to UMass as I am NDSU and there is only one school west of me in the MAC. The mass of the MAC is closer to Amherst than Fargo and distance was a factor in that experience.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk