Page 814 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3147147648048128138148158168248649141314 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,140 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    This is where I’m at. I also think this idea that NDSU football deserves better than CUSA is a bit naive. CUSA is not a step down in most peoples eyes. It’s probably more realistically a lateral move that positions us for a step up later. The program is likely going to need to take a chance and bet on itself before a higher conference will take the risk to add us.

My position centers around evaluating the floor and the ceiling of FCS vs. FBS. Our floor in FCS I believe to be SDSU. In FBS I believe our floor to be Georgia Southern. I think both of those floors produce similar results in terms of fan engagement, attendance, excitement, etc. The ceiling in FCS is where we are now. The ceiling in FBS I believe looks like App St. or possibly more if the expanded playoff. In my opinion the upside of FBS tips the scales to taking the risk. It’s not a no brainer but I like to believe that there is more to achieve and aspire to.
    CUSA a lateral move? LOL
    You must not watch much football.

They have no fans and FIU damn near lost to Bryant, a scrub team even in FCS. Charlotte lost to W&M, and is leaving to move up to AAC.

They have basically two “ok” teams left, WKU and MTSU, and both of them want to leave.

I don’t understand the fixation on this crap conference, we are much more likely to get an invite to MAC or MWC anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CUSA a lateral move? LOL

They have no fans and FIU damn near lost to Bryant, a scrub team even in FCS. Charlotte lost to W&M, and is leaving to move up to AAC.

They have basically two “ok” teams left, WKU and MTSU, and both of them want to leave.

I don’t understand the fixation on this crap conference, we are much more likely to get an invite to MAC or MWC anyhow.
    The CUSA needs to show NDSU that it is viable past this year before we’d even pick up the phone for their call. I want FBS more than almost anything but being the next Idaho or UMass isn’t doing anything for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Fighting Kliemans about to lose to Tulane.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    CUSA a lateral move? LOL

That’s your NDSU arrogance. The MVFC/Summit isn’t above them no matter how much you say it. It just isn’t. I’m not advocating for CUSA but it’s not a step down.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The CUSA needs to show NDSU that it is viable past this year before we’d even pick up the phone for their call. I want FBS more than almost anything but being the next Idaho or UMass isn’t doing anything for us.
    We wouldn’t be the next Idaho or UMass and we have to prove as much to CUSA as they have to prove to us.

We wouldn’t be the next Idaho or UMass and we have to prove as much to CUSA as they have to prove to us.
    We sure would be when the conference folds. Then we’d be back begging Patty V to let us back into the MVFC. With an irreparably damaged brand

If I have trepidation about it imagine what the suits think
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

We sure would be when the conference folds. Then we’d be back begging Patty V to let us back into the MVFC. With an irreparably damaged brand

As opposed to staying in FCS and meeting a similar fate? Not buying it. That’s fear mongering at its finest.

As opposed to staying in FCS and meeting a similar fate? Not buying it. That’s fear mongering at its finest.
    Lol okay so we join the CUSA starting next year. How much money are we getting from their media contract?

Fear mongering lol
    *one day later*

Lol okay so we join the CUSA starting next year. How much money are we getting from their media contract?

Fear mongering lol
    How much are we getting from the MVFC/Summit? Seems lateral. I agree it’s not overly attractive but to act like our current situation is better is ridiculous.

like NDSU couldn't be independent in fcs if we went back. we subsidize the FCS. they all make money off of our name
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?