Page 812 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028108118128138148228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

no our AD is from Stony Brook a tiny lame ass school and wakes up everyday thanking his lucky stats he somehow got this cushy job handed to him after Gene Taylor had it running smoothly for years

he has no ambition or desire to go FBS because he would probably be exposed.

he just wants to ride this out for 8-10 more years & retire

we need brass balls of steel & a salesman, not a east coast chumbalone
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Since when is presenting historical facts manipulating info? One guy said nobody but us would bring more than 10k, which is just plain wrong. Once again you guys attack the messenger instead of admitting you're pulling stuff out your ass to convince others to support your view. It’s scary to think what this thread would look like if a few of us weren't here to challenge your BS. You'd probably have convinced each other our AD sent all the FBS commissioners a box of his own waste with a note on what to do with it, and that's why we don't have an invite.
    Oh sorry, I just thought that the FCS championship game was held in a different stadium before 2010. I thought it was held in some team’s home stadium, and I thought it had a higher capacity than Toyota Stadium. My bad.

As the keeper of facts and history, could you please show us a historical example of a current FCS team who has brought more than 10k to a championship game?

We really appreciate your service taper. What would we ever do without you
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Oh sorry, I just thought that the FCS championship game was held in a different stadium before 2010. I thought it was held in some team’s home stadium, and I thought it had a higher capacity than Toyota Stadium. My bad.

As the keeper of facts and history, could you please show us a historical example of a current FCS team who has brought more than 10k to a championship game?

Is this really the hill you want to die on? Attendance is really easy to find and the claim they wouldn't get 10k without us is flat out wrong. I don't know what you're trying to do here but I'm not playing your game.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Teams and sites since ‘78…no attendance numbers:

https://www.collegefootballpoll.com/...tory--updated/

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-955494.html

Pretty crazy idea but not that far-fetched. All they (FBS/NCAA) would have to do is lay down standards and enforce them. Quite honestly, it sounds like they are planning exactly this right now. I think it would be good for the FBS division of CFB to set a decent bar for admission and hold it, and it certainly keeps the payouts higher.

Something like a combination of attendance, recent FCS titles, and budget/facilities. Narrows down the field right fast …

As for a northern tier of CUSA, hard to see who beyond the Bison would interested/worthy. The only others that are really at all conceivable are SDSU, Montana, and Montana State, and it isn't clear to me that these programs want it right now. They need to win a few titles ...

What a day for Bison Football. Go Bison!!! Gonna be a late night

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Yeah no mention of Craig Bohl or Matt Entz on GameDay for potential Nebraska candidates eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Yeah no mention of Craig Bohl or Matt Entz on GameDay for potential Nebraska candidates eh.
    Too big of a job for Entz, Bohl is practically retirement age at this point. Klieman is more likely in my opinion.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Too big of a job for Entz, Bohl is practically retirement age at this point. Klieman is more likely in my opinion.
    Yeah bro eh. Think I read here somewhere they should be candidates eh. Espn don't seem to agree. Just reporting back some facts.

Lardsin must go!

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no our AD is from Stony Brook a tiny lame ass school and wakes up everyday thanking his lucky stats he somehow got this cushy job handed to him after Gene Taylor had it running smoothly for years

he has no ambition or desire to go FBS because he would probably be exposed.

he just wants to ride this out for 8-10 more years & retire

we need brass balls of steel & a salesman, not a east coast chumbalone
    There's not an AD in the universe who would've got NDSU into FBS by now.

I actually can't wait for Mr. Larson to make the announcement for FBS and just toss his crank down your throat.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    In the 2021-22 realignment, 16 out of 25 football conferences had changes. Just 3 of those ended up with an odd number of teams.
    ASUN with 5 who thought they had 6 but is actively looking for another after JSU left and is currently in a scheduling alliance with the WAC.
    CAA which who knows what they're doing with 15.
    CUSA with 9 and anybody who could fog a mirror.
    EVERYONE else took an even number. If we want to go MWC or MAC, who will be the other team to keep an even number for scheduling purposes?
    Sure, CUSA needs just 1, but holy hell no.The current CUSA is awful and most definitely a step down.
    There seems to be a false belief here that CUSA "needs" more than 9 teams. They don't and seem content to hold with what they have. Ten would not be better. Right now, more members for CUSA means even less money per member, and they are already short on cash/revenue. They don't seem at all motivated to expand, and if they do the shortlist seems to be schools like Tarleton, SFA, Kennesaw and maybe Missouri St (who seems more interested in SBC). Even CUSA is looking at the geographical fit and looking to reduce travel to the extent they can. It's a significant expense for low revenue conferences.

For football, 9 teams lets every team play every other team once and have 8 conference games.
    In FBS realignment circles, 9 and 14 are actually seen as ideal for scheduling purposes.

16+ is seen as a risk of causing conference splits as has happened in the past. Conferences like AAC have made odd numbers like 11 work, though it isn't seen as ideal for football scheduling.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 09-17-2022 at 04:02 PM.