Page 807 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 3077077577978058068078088098178579071307 ... LastLast
Results 8,061 to 8,070 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    To you anyone who wants to move up makes zero sense.
    Exactly. Move up to move up. Disregard the rest of the entire foundation of NCAA sports. lol
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

SunBelt? they did a times Square advertising takeover today haha

https://twitter.com/SunBelt/status/1...qtuk3Snx1NTETQ
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Like common sense?

Or the crowd saying "let's take Hawaii's spot."

Jesus christ.
    There’s not a “crowd” saying let’s take Hawaii’s spot. There is me pointing out that they are a shitty FB program and I don’t know what the hell they’re doing in the Mountain West.

I have stated that we’re not going to take hawaiis spot. Don’t put words in peoples mouths…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The MW commissioner has very little to no say about the direction or make up of the MW..The presidents decide everything. Thompson was on the committee that established the 12 team playoff. That is his most significant accomplishment. No new commissioner is going to look at you any differently than they do now..If the presidents want you, you will receive an invitation.

It is very unlikely that any member would get kicked out of the conference. Things get decided by academics. Football prowess is nice but they have lots of things to value besides sports.

Having Hawaii in the conference does not impact the other schools financially. Only 4 MW schools per season fly out there for football and they are subsidized to do so. Hawaii makes it work for them because they have their own tv network that pays them along with what they get from the MW.
    Conference commissioners don’t make executive decisions without approval of the presidents. But they do heavily influence the direction of the conference when it comes to media contracts, vision for the future, etc. Commissioners have important jobs and they get paid and blamed on the trajectory of the conference under their direction. Look at the P12, B12, B10 and SEC. Their commissioners are household names. Craig Thompson was another because of his tenure.

I’ll caveat what I say because certain folks love twisting words and reading things that aren’t there: I don’t expect a major change. But the conference has a new leader for the first time in almost 30 years. There will be some change, albeit likely subtle and nuanced.

I would guess that a major bullet point for the next commissioner will be trying to position the mountain west to make the CFP. There is one school sitting out there that can help with that immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Thompson can advise and does..However, they executive committee, which changes every year, makes recommendations that they bring to a vote to all the presidents. Thompson acts as the conference spokesperson with tv negotiations, NCAA matters etc but he only takes positions voted on by the presidents. A new commissioner might seek more powers but it seems unlikely that would be granted.

Thompson has been the commissioner for 23 years but before that he was the Sun Belt commissioner for 8 years. I don't know how attractive this job will be but I would guess we will likely hire someone who has not been a commissioner before. Just a hunch..I think the new hire could well be a woman.

Anyhoo, in regards to NDSU, nothing really changes. If the presidents want you, they will invite you.

Under a scenario where the conference loses a couple of members and wishes to back fill, they would likely look to all sports applicants first because they would be losing all sports members.

I have exactly no idea how that affects your chances one way or the other..

this NDSU / ARIZONA matchup was an opportunity for our AD and PRESIDENT to ACT like a FBS program and put some feelers out there, make some calls.

SHIT I would of invited some mountain west presidents to come witness a NDSU fan takeover and show that NDSU could bring 10,000 fans to a Boise St, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado State game on a random saturday.

with the NEW CFP G5 PLAYOFF SPOT OPENING UP IN 2 YEARS NDSU HAS TO BE IN THAT PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I don't know how attractive this job will be but I would guess we will likely hire someone who has not been a commissioner before. Just a hunch..I think the new hire could well be a woman.
    I would not bet against that.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I would not bet against that.
    Patty Vivarito bringing NDSU to the MWC, confirmed.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Patty Vivarito bringing NDSU to the MWC, confirmed.
    Nah, Judy MacLeod might be looking for a job soon and she has a proven track record of rebuilding a conference after losing teams.

NDSU FBS VIDEO. LETS GOO

https://fb.watch/fAzD7G52I0/