Page 794 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2946947447847927937947957968048448941294 ... LastLast
Results 7,931 to 7,940 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I could see Sam Houston. A bit of history there. They'd bring all of 100 fans to the Dome on a random Saturday.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    More likely it was because no one wanted und and never did. Big difference but nice try on your part. I knew you'd come up with something.
    And yet it happened. 100% indisputable historical fact. It's idiotic to repeat other's mistakes. I'm sure you're ignoring FAMU, Idaho, UConn, NMSU, UMass, Charlotte, Georgia St also. Plus those that didn't completely fail but have become irrelevant like Georgia Southern, ODU, South Alabama, Texas St, FIU, Florida Atlantic, etc, etc. Of course those are outliers and we'd have instant success.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    And yet it happened. 100% indisputable historical fact. It's idiotic to repeat other's mistakes. I'm sure you're ignoring FAMU, Idaho, UConn, NMSU, UMass, Charlotte, Georgia St also. Plus those that didn't completely fail but have become irrelevant like Georgia Southern, ODU, South Alabama, Texas St, FIU, Florida Atlantic, etc, etc. Of course those are outliers and we'd have instant success.
    I give up. You'll never understand and you sure as hell will never agree. You are just stuck with what we have and that's all you want.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I give up. You'll never understand and you sure as hell will never agree. You are just stuck with what we have and that's all you want.
    So you agree that history matters. That's a good step. Don't for a second think I'm against FBS, I've said over and over what I think it'll take and what I'll support. The fact that I want what's best for NDSU instead of what's best for my ego seems to fall on deaf ears.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I could see Sam Houston. A bit of history there. They'd bring all of 100 fans to the Dome on a random Saturday.
    You are giving them WAY too much credit.
    Take a look at the parking lot photo for their Montana St quarter final game here:
    http://www.shsuoperationzulu.com

CUSA teams have horrible fan support in general, and bad football.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    You are giving them WAY too much credit.
    Take a look at the parking lot photo for their Montana St quarter final game here:
    http://www.shsuoperationzulu.com

CUSA teams have horrible fan support in general, and bad football.
    You point to SHSU as an example of how shitty CUSA is. That’s a fair point. Reality is they are leaving an FCS in which they have arguably been the second most successful program on the field behind the Bison over the past decade and their fan support is above average in the FCS. I’m not sold on CUSA but the current FCS doesn’t feel “safer” to me.

Think if valley city went FBS?

Probably a similar deal for NDSU. So.

Think about if that was a thing.

Transitively

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I think NDSU would be more likely to succeed than the average move-up but people pretending it would be a walk in the park are being either naive or really arrogant.

Comparing NDSU to most other move ups also seems a bit unfair. For better or worse, North Dakota is a unique place. No P5 competition nearby, no G5 nearby, etc. Basically the only game in town. Even if they became a middle of the pack MAC team, I think we could make it work. People like watching football. Tailgating. All that jazz.

I want NDSU to move up. I think basically everyone does at this point. Some are more risk averse, others are not. Not sure anyone has the answer, but I hope it happens in the next few years. The fanbase is going to atrophy a lot otherwise.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think NDSU would be more likely to succeed than the average move-up but people pretending it would be a walk in the park are being either naive or really arrogant.

Comparing NDSU to most other move ups also seems a bit unfair. For better or worse, North Dakota is a unique place. No P5 competition nearby, no G5 nearby, etc. Basically the only game in town. Even if they became a middle of the pack MAC team, I think we could make it work. People like watching football. Tailgating. All that jazz.

I want NDSU to move up. I think basically everyone does at this point. Some are more risk averse, others are not. Not sure anyone has the answer, but I hope it happens in the next few years. The fanbase is going to atrophy a lot otherwise.
    There's a chance it could regardless. MWC, probably not. Any other conference - no clue how that's going to move the meter with a large portion of fans (such as the generation not on bville).

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Think if valley city went FBS?

Probably a similar deal for NDSU. So.

Think about if that was a thing.

Transitively
    SKOL Vikings!