Page 784 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2846847347747827837847857867948348841284 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,840 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    My answer is yes.
    Okay.

Instead of looking at everything as being crazy (but obvi cusa as the ONLY FBS scenario that makes sense… how many times has it been xyz conference was the ONLY one now???)

And discussing the multitude of reasons why this time this particular scenario doesn’t make sense for NDSU again…. (Not crazy, for sure.)

LOOK at how other schools are “magically” able to move up while NDSU isn’t.

Liberty didn’t need the cusa to move up.

THAT is the BEST way.

Obvi it can be done.

Liberty for NDSU.

Robotic bison independence.

F-UND FBS BISON football.

TM

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

So Bohl was a divisive guy I guess. But he was a good communication guy.

“Bohl-isms” should be a thing. And added to the dictionary.

As far as FBS…. Some are thinking step 22 of problem solving when others are unwilling to agree:

1. There is a problem looming
    2. How long before bison football is impacted
    3. Step 1 is the way to address.

As far as #1…. Well “if you aren’t green and growing. You are ripe and dying.”

And I think that Bohl-ism is as bison pride as they get. So.

Whatever you think about that you can ya know?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Who said I didn’t want to hear other peoples’ opinions? The first paragraph of my post was about a poster calling me delusional for having lofty goals for 25 years down the road. I thought it was out of line.

It is very not hard to see a situation in which the Mountain West loses Boise and SDSU and then looks to backfill. I truly think Montana and NDSU are the two best-fit schools to replace them. It's fine if people disagree with me, but I don't see my previous two sentences are "making up random rainbow bright garbage".

I think it’s just fine that people have different opinions. I’m usually pretty contrarian myself…
    Boise and SDSU will be waiting out what remaining PAC12 schools get poached by the BiG before they make their decision. If they lose 2 and are down to 10 there's no guarantee they look to add either.

Montana and Montana State are package deals....wish it was MSU, MST, NDSU and....(insert school here SDSU would be best for football but their fine staying FCS apparently).

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The only thing I've ever seen published with NDSU and CUSA was Matt Brown reporting that they asked us the last round, and NDSU firmly said no, so they went with other schools instead. Even that was denied though.

If that rumor was true, it was and remains absolutely the right decision.
    We can do much better, and MWC could become a real option later this year.
    I don't understand why people here think we need to act like desperate beggers.
    I don't see it as "beggers" but the ball isn't in NDSU's court for most of the G5 conferences that are referred to here.

listen. we have to do whatever it takes to get in the G5 by 2026... and our admin needs to feel this pressure from the fanbase.

that's the bottom line we all can agree on .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Boise and SDSU will be waiting out what remaining PAC12 schools get poached by the BiG before they make their decision. If they lose 2 and are down to 10 there's no guarantee they look to add either.

Montana and Montana State are package deals....wish it was MSU, MST, NDSU and....(insert school here SDSU would be best for football but their fine staying FCS apparently).
    And it absolutely could be Montana and Montana state go and not us. To BES' point, Montana State is right there too. I just don't see the Mountain West seeing that as a great backfill for Boise and SDSU. NDSU is the powerhouse brand and plug-and-play athletic department. It's fairly easy to see how it could happen and I think we need to be ready for it in case the chips fall that way. If there's concern about NDSU's athletic budget, even I don't know how I feel about Montana and Montana State's.

I know you and Taper get it pretty bad (much worse than I get) from some in the 'FBS at any cost' crowd. I certainly wish they'd stop all their childish BS because it severely hurts the point they're trying to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    listen. we have to do whatever it takes to get in the G5 by 2026... and our admin needs to feel this pressure from the fanbase.

that's the bottom line we all can agree on .
    But…. That’s like only…. 40 months away…

Not sure I agree. [emoji6]

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And it absolutely could be Montana and Montana state go and not us. To BES' point, Montana State is right there too. I just don't see the Mountain West seeing that as a great backfill for Boise and SDSU. NDSU is the powerhouse brand and plug-and-play athletic department. It's fairly easy to see how it could happen and I think we need to be ready for it in case the chips fall that way. If there's concern about NDSU's athletic budget, even I don't know how I feel about Montana and Montana State's.

I know you and Taper get it pretty bad (much worse than I get) from some in the 'FBS at any cost' crowd. I certainly wish they'd stop all their childish BS because it severely hurts the point they're trying to make.
    No worries about that. I obviously don't care...different perspective, different viewpoints. I am obviously the ultimate pessimist (you can blame MN sports for that), so when scenarios are brought up and by some miracle all the sudden everything works in NDSUs favor just perfectly, we should be skeptical. I find zero use in wishing for scenarios that are unlikely to happen - (see, independent, 50K stadium, going undefeated or hosting an SEC team in a playoff game at US Bank for example).

I stated last week, in a podcast I listened to he had UC-Davis high on the list of FCS schools who are in the best shape to move up due to geography, enrollment, endowment and everything else that goes into it. If I could remember which podcast and episode it was I'd post it.
    Last edited by daddy daycare; 09-07-2022 at 01:57 PM.

It’s time we admit that JESUS LOVES NDSU FOOTBALL.

The stats don’t make sense. NDSU shouldn’t have “lucked out” in Georgia southern II.

Let alone ALL the FBS CLEAR victories. NDSU didn’t became a brand because of a fluke win over Michigan.

NDSU fucking won those games. Their way. No real questions as to who deserved to win.

Look at the stats. Inconceivable without Jesus.

For real bros.

He will guide us to the promised land.

We keep acting like it would be some fucking miracle for NDSU to keep up at the high FBS level. Are you suggesting a FBS championship every three years like current pace? That would be pretty lofty goals.

But somehow we managed more than that the last time we moved up.

NDSU made it look easy against some of these people with gigantic budgets COMPARED when they were a LOWER division. Think about that you dumb Fox.

Quit acting as if some of the shit actually makes sense. Because I guarantee it fucking doesn’t.

It’s science. Trust this expert.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    MWC strong enough as is without NDSU.

Or flip your scenario…MWC team needs to go undefeated in conference to be the one G5 team and those schools run the risk of a loss with NDSU.

MAC and MWC at 12. maybe MWC would lose teams I doubt the MAC will. 12 and 2 divisions is perfect for them right now.
    Sagarin and myself would disagree with that statement. Conferences should be trying to get stronger and part of that might be making sure you aren't passing on a school that could make your competitors stronger too.