Page 782 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2826827327727807817827837847928328821282 ... LastLast
Results 7,811 to 7,820 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think NDSU would make CUSA stronger in several ways.

First, I believe we would be a perennial top 20 team, which would improve the strength of schedule for the conference.

Second, I think our inclusion would result in a better media deal, by which I mean to say that each member would receive a bigger payout than they would if we weren't in the conference.

Third, I think because of reasons #1 and #2, we wouldn't see so many members in such a hurry to leave. Rather, we might see schools start to have some pride in the CUSA and re-double their efforts to make the conference stronger.

Fourth, I think our presence (especially after a year or two) could attract other schools to consider CUSA (e.g. UCONN, UMASS, SDSU, Missouri State, etc).

Finally, I think with us in the conference, CUSA would then have 3 schools (NDSU, Liberty, and WKU) who would routinely be expected to beat OCC G5s and would be expected to be competitive with OCC P5s. Those three schools would also regularly make bowl appearances and would often beat their bowl opponents. Those things go along way to improve the image of the conference and would inspire other members to step up (especially UTEP).
    That's a lot of stretching. Would be great, but I doubt half of that would happen....but as of today it's the only door available to open for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    That's a lot of stretching. Would be great, but I doubt half of that would happen....but as of today it's the only door available to open for NDSU.
    I'll take that. Friends forever.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I think NDSU would make CUSA stronger in several ways.

First, I believe we would be a perennial top 20 team, which would improve the strength of schedule for the conference.

Second, I think our inclusion would result in a better media deal, by which I mean to say that each member would receive a bigger payout than they would if we weren't in the conference.

Third, I think because of reasons #1 and #2, we wouldn't see so many members in such a hurry to leave. Rather, we might see schools start to have some pride in the CUSA and re-double their efforts to make the conference stronger.

Fourth, I think our presence (especially after a year or two) could attract other schools to consider CUSA (e.g. UCONN, UMASS, SDSU, Missouri State, etc).

Finally, I think with us in the conference, CUSA would then have 3 schools (NDSU, Liberty, and WKU) who would routinely be expected to beat OCC G5s and would be expected to be competitive with OCC P5s. Those three schools would also regularly make bowl appearances and would often beat their bowl opponents. Those things go along way to improve the image of the conference and would inspire other members to step up (especially UTEP).
    CUSA seems to be mired in too much potential change in the coming years and I would be wary of joining unless it is easy to get out. It really isn't like the Great West analogy at all given what's at stake with potentially getting screwed. The GWC was really just about helping a few schools with their scheduling of football. No other sports were involved and there wasn't anything horribly binding in the arrangement. I'd rather be indy with a strong strategy for scheduling.
    Insert something clever here...

It's all made up bullshit that's why (see post about being independent which would be completely unrealistic). Nobody has made one single valid point about why or how any FBS conference would want or need NDSU (except CUSA) without making up random rainbow bright garbage.

You don't wanna hear other humans real opinions? Let's all hope and pray like all us Vikings fans every year and then get wailed in the dick when reality hits.

50K stadium...lol.
    How about the fact that in the next couple years you will need strong football programs in your conference as a G5 if you have any dream of one of your teams making the playoffs. There are not enough strong G5 teams to make every conference stronger so ... In theory that's NDSU's "advantage"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    How about the fact that in the next couple years you will need strong football programs in your conference as a G5 if you have any dream of one of your teams making the playoffs. There are not enough strong G5 teams to make every conference stronger so ... In theory that's NDSU's "advantage"

Exactly what I was thinking. I also think the market you are in become less off an issue because they will now be looking for strength to move them up the picking order.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's all made up bullshit that's why (see post about being independent which would be completely unrealistic). Nobody has made one single valid point about why or how any FBS conference would want or need NDSU (except CUSA) without making up random rainbow bright garbage.

You don't wanna hear other humans real opinions? Let's all hope and pray like all us Vikings fans every year and then get wailed in the dick when reality hits.

50K stadium...lol.
    Its actually complete speculation that CUSA wants us either.
    The last thing I saw is they might hold tight unless/until WKU and MTSU leave.
    We just assume they would take us because they were desperate enough to take JSU.

The candidates being floated around are Texas and South teams like SFA, Tarleton and Kennesaw.
    None of those appeal to me even if we were included. CUSA is the new SLC.

And 50k stadiums? SHSU can't get 10k, LOL

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

MWC strong enough as is without NDSU.

Or flip your scenario…MWC team needs to go undefeated in conference to be the one G5 team and those schools run the risk of a loss with NDSU.

MAC and MWC at 12. maybe MWC would lose teams I doubt the MAC will. 12 and 2 divisions is perfect for them right now.

MWC strong enough as is without NDSU.

Or flip your scenario…MWC team needs to go undefeated in conference to be the one G5 team and those schools run the risk of a loss with NDSU.

MAC and MWC at 12. maybe MWC would lose teams I doubt the MAC will. 12 and 2 divisions is perfect for them right now.
    With the new scenarios and parameters no G5 conference can consider itself "strong enough".
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    OK, now you've insulted me without merit and that makes me upset.
    Name calling? No. Name it. I've never done that without providing a reason. Name it or STFU.
    Put downs? No. Same. Put up or STFU.
    Yes, I've called various posters delusional, but not without reason that I've always explained. Truth is some people here truly are delusional. Pointing that out isn't a bad thing.
    Well I had to spend all of 15 seconds to go back 2 days and see you calling people insane so…
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

50K stadium...lol.
    Who said I didn’t want to hear other peoples’ opinions? The first paragraph of my post was about a poster calling me delusional for having lofty goals for 25 years down the road. I thought it was out of line.

It is very not hard to see a situation in which the Mountain West loses Boise and SDSU and then looks to backfill. I truly think Montana and NDSU are the two best-fit schools to replace them. It's fine if people disagree with me, but I don't see my previous two sentences are "making up random rainbow bright garbage".

I think it’s just fine that people have different opinions. I’m usually pretty contrarian myself…
    Last edited by NDSU92; 09-07-2022 at 02:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*