Page 778 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2786787287687767777787797807888288781278 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

After 1 week of College Football.
    Where would you rank NDSU in the FBS??

I say #20 or #25..... what say you?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    After 1 week of College Football.
    Where would you rank NDSU in the FBS??

I say #20 or #25..... what say you?
    Sagarin says #58 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You do realize the CFP is not an NCAA organization and the winner is not an NCAA champion? At the end of the day the NCAA is a membership, compliance, and championship organization. The membership decides what rules they want to apply and follow. There is a lot of value in sharing that responsibility among all the NCAA universities.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Speaking of CFP, NCAA, ...

Who gets to decide how many FBS conferences there are now? Any chance they could set firm standards, with a 1-year probation period for relegation? More money for them

Looking at you CUSA. Who gets to jump should be merit based, not survival based

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Speaking of CFP, NCAA, ...

Who gets to decide how many FBS conferences there are now? Any chance they could set firm standards, with a 1-year probation period for relegation? More money for them

Looking at you CUSA. Who gets to jump should be merit based, not survival based
    The CFP has representatives from all the FBS conferences who hash out the contract terms among themselves.
    The catch is the biggest voices/votes are the biggest conferences, the P5 and specifically the SEC and B1G.
    They won't invite any new conferences to the party, though maybe some get kicked out in time.
    There has been FBS talk about upping the standards in a way that would squeeze some conferences out (monetarily).

The other FBS conferences will mostly do what the SEC and B1G want, because those two can just leave, form their own playoff system, and invite who they want to the party. A lot of people thought this was inevitable, and it still might happen.

All of this by the way is why we need to care about the other teams in our conference.
    We need to join a conference that makes sense, has good competition and fun games, regardless of who is in or out of FBS and CFP.

Imagine joining CUSA, and then they get booted out.
    Would we get excited to play NMSU, FIU, UTEP, etc? I sure wouldn't.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 09-06-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The CFP has representatives from all the FBS conferences who hash out the contract terms among themselves.
    The catch is the biggest voices/votes are the biggest conferences, the P5 and specifically the SEC and B1G.
    They won't invite any new conferences to the party, though maybe some get kicked out in time.
    There has been FBS talk about upping the standards in a way that would squeeze some conferences out (monetarily).

The other FBS conferences will mostly do what the SEC and B1G want, because those two can just leave, form their own playoff system, and invite who they want to the party. A lot of people thought this was inevitable, and it still might happen.

All of this by the way is why we need to care about the other teams in our conference.
    We need to join a conference that makes sense, has good competition and fun games, regardless of who is in or out of FBS and CFP.

Based on FB budget?

The second point would be the definition of suckage and would put us at a big disadvantage in FCS

What difference does it make bro? Do you get excited to play WIU? ISU (either of them)? Misery State? Hell, even UNI is stale because they suck so bad.

FIU works for me bro. Let's go.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Imagine still being in FCS when all of this plays out. Do I get excited about playing ISU (blue), WIU, YSU, etc? I sure don't.

And by the way, every time some positive development happens in FBS, some folks love to post and explain why we can't ever benefit from it and so we should be wary of joining FBS unless conditions are perfect. ("When lightening strikes in the same place three times and Europa crashes into Jupiter, then we can join FBS. See? I'm not FCS forever.") We had the BCS system, and people said we'd only get to play in the Toilet Bowl in Detroit. We'd have no shot at a NY6. Forget Boise, forget WMU. That doesn't apply to us. Then there was a 4-team playoff with early talk of expansion. We'd never have a shot at that and there's no way the P5 will let that get bigger to allow for G5s. If we want to play for national championships, we must stay FCS. Forget Cincinnati. Now it looks like there will be a 12-team playoff. But don't go to the one FBS conference that might take you. They suck and so they'll be booted from any chance at the playoff anyway. No team from CUSA will ever make it. Forget that the Sunbelt was the Sunbelch only a few years ago. Forget that a good FBS team will have a chance to prove itself in OOC. Forget that Liberty is joining the conference and was ranked #17 a couple years ago.

I wish we wouldn't keep listening to naysayers.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Define "naysayers"

I want NDSU to go FBS and I want CUSA to die. I don’t want to share $$ with that crap

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Imagine still being in FCS when all of this plays out. Do I get excited about playing ISU (blue), WIU, YSU, etc? I sure don't.

And by the way, every time some positive development happens in FBS, some folks love to post and explain why we can't ever benefit from it and so we should be wary of joining FBS unless conditions are perfect. ("When lightening strikes in the same place three times and Europa crashes into Jupiter, then we can join FBS. See? I'm not FCS forever.") We had the BCS system, and people said we'd only get to play in the Toilet Bowl in Detroit. We'd have no shot at a NY6. Forget Boise, forget WMU. That doesn't apply to us. Then there was a 4-team playoff with early talk of expansion. We'd never have a shot at that and there's no way the P5 will let that get bigger to allow for G5s. If we want to play for national championships, we must stay FCS. Forget Cincinnati. Now it looks like there will be a 12-team playoff. But don't go to the one FBS conference that might take you. They suck and so they'll be booted from any chance at the playoff anyway. No team from CUSA will ever make it. Forget that the Sunbelt was the Sunbelch only a few years ago. Forget that a good FBS team will have a chance to prove itself in OOC. Forget that Liberty is joining the conference and was ranked #17 a couple years ago.

I wish we wouldn't keep listening to naysayers.
    Quoted for truth.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Define "naysayers"

I want NDSU to go FBS and I want CUSA to die. I don’t want to share $$ with that crap
    Those two wants may not be compatible. So which one do you want more?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.