Page 77 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879871271775771077 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

and have 22 more scholarships and in the BIG TEN with that prestige of recruiting NDSU could mop up even more in the upper Midwest with our program.

Now, we aren't going to the big 10.

I was with a Okie from Muskogee the other night. he's a huge fan of OU and he swears that OU and Texas will go SEC soon. that would leave the Big 12 in disarray and create opportunities for Big 12/MWC mash up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    True. However, instead of EVERY game on the road, NDSU would play half their games @ FargoDome.
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    and have 22 more scholarships and in the BIG TEN with that prestige of recruiting NDSU could mop up even more in the upper Midwest with our program.

I was with a Okie from Muskogee the other night. he's a huge fan of OU and he swears that OU and Texas will go SEC soon. that would leave the Big 12 in disarray and create opportunities for Big 12/MWC mash up
    Would be really scary to see the SEC with 2 more powerhouse programs.

Doubt either of them wants to follow A&M or Missouri though. Would be a big helping of humble pie
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

they don't wanna follow them, however the SEC would cream themselves getting OU and UT.

The big 12 is already is disarray. In fact, those two schools leaving would make life easier fir the conference to move forward. They could get their conference television deal with very little blowback.

Now the number is six. They would need six schools to look like the other p5 conferences with a playoff. Off the top of my head, here we go:

BYU
    UCF
    USF
    Cincinatti
    Boise State
    Fresno State

The last two are wildcards. I just threw out two programs that don't have p5 homes, which someone might argue deserve one over NDSU. The other four schools have already been mentioned. The other side of the equation that can't be left out is the big 12 might go after basketball first schools to compliment ku and a couple of others.

As fun as it is to think about it, ndsu doesn't seriously come up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

well teams leaving Mountain West to the Big 12 opens the door for NDSU to the Mountain West.

If Wyoming and Colorado State & Air Force can be in the Mountain West, No reason NDSU shouldn't be!

well teams leaving Mountain West to the Big 12 opens the door for NDSU to the Mountain West.

If Wyoming and Colorado State & Air Force can be in the Mountain West, No reason NDSU shouldn't be!
    Problem is even with a move to the MWC it does nothing for NDSU in the realm of a national playoff or prestige. You either go big or go home. Pretty simple.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Problem is even with a move to the MWC it does nothing for NDSU in the realm of a national playoff or prestige. You either go big or go home. Pretty simple.
    You mean for once in his life, he's aiming too low with his fantasies???

I do agree with you though.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

ESPN 2 & ESPNU with Mac games on.

Toledo looking good, the other game is in a downpour 6-3 battle

Mountain West trumps anything in the FCS get a clue

ESPN 2 & ESPNU with Mac games on.

Toledo looking good, the other game is in a downpour 6-3 battle

Mountain West trumps anything in the FCS get a clue
    It is unfortunate that they are playing on U and 2. As you have said in the past ---nobody watches those.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    It is unfortunate that they are playing on U and 2. As you have said in the past ---nobody watches those.
    Hahaha. Box.