Page 763 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2636637137537617627637647657738138631263 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    A 13-0 MW champion with a win over a legit P5 program is in this 12 team playoff. Absolutely.
    This I agree with. And in the MWC it might not even take a 13-0 run to do it. Just needs to be better than AAC and SBC champs.
    Almost every year one of MWC, AAC or SBC is going to get that G5 slot.

Who you face in conference absolutely matters as far as the CFP goes.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    A 13-0 MW champion with a win over a legit P5 program is in this 12 team playoff. Absolutely.
    That's going to be a rarity.

The champion of the overall highest rated G5 conference gets the 6th spot automatically. There will be a G5 school 'every' season. At large spots will be tougher to come by, though

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    They will schedule the bison once we are FBS. You telling me the P5 doesn’t schedule a good G5 school because they are scared?
    Yes and No. The top P5 aren't going to take an unnecessary risk when they've already got a strong conference slate.
    Especially not away from home. But they will sometimes schedule a "big time" game OOC like Notre Dame (who is more P5 than G5) as an ACC affiliate.

Alabama OOC: Utah St, ULM, Austin Peay at home, Texas away game
    OSU OOC: Notre Dame, Arkansas St, Toledo at home, Maryland away game

One change happening is the P5 are looking to schedule more P5 games now overall.
    Most of the G5 games will be buy games that they expect to win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The champion of the overall highest rated G5 conference gets the 6th spot automatically. There will be a G5 school 'every' season. At large spots will be tougher to come by, though
    yea I don't get the teeth gnashing
    if NDSU is in MWC and win it and MWC is the 6th best conference! we are in the top 12 playoff and it'd be the biggest thing to hit north dakota since the horse and buggy
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if NDSU is in MWC and win it and MWC is the 6th best conference! we are in the top 12 playoff and it'd be the biggest thing to hit north dakota since the horse and buggy
    MWC is absolutely the answer. It opens the door enough to get access to the CFP.
    MWC or bust.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    MWC is absolutely the answer. It opens the door enough to get access to the CFP.
    MWC or bust.
    Why would MWC take NDSU? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    You know that I'm in your Amen Corner most of the time. But we're not getting into the current MWC. We're just not. If they only have a couple slots to fill, they ain't taking an FCS team. And if they have a ton of slots to fill in order to survive and we get in, it would no longer be the same MWC that would garner automatic respect as the best G5. I would, of course, take it at that point. But if we are going to be the best team in a depleted conference, we might as well do CUSA now and start the FBS era forthwith rather than wait for the MWC to implode later.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

The key is how the lower parts of the conference do in a given season. Every conference member has to contribute something to qualify for that auto slot..

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    That's going to be a rarity.
    Of course it is. But there IS a path now for G5 schools. Multiple even.

Facilities? Check
    Athletic budget? Check
    Playoff system? Check
    FCOA? Check
    (Would still like to get NIL at NDSU figured out) Not check

It’s time, we can figure out NIL on the way there
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*