Page 760 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2606607107507587597607617627708108601260 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,600 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I mean… if UN_ can get this “Indian in the cupboard” thing to blow over? NDSU *might* get a pass on the headdress that used to be in their possession.

Then it’s FBS OR BUST man.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The problem is the deck is VERY stacked against all FBS G5 teams.
    It is likely only one G5 team will get a bid 8 or 9 out of 10 years.

It's further stacked against lower G5 conferences.
    The SOS of playing 8 weak teams from a conference like CUSA is what would tank playoff hopes.

Join the MWC and the odds are quite good. i think they get that bid at least 3-5 out of 10 years.
    AAC and SBC will get that bid most years that the MWC does not.

It's simply the way the system is designed now.
    You will need a LOT of "high quality" wins to get the bid, and OOC won't be enough.
    and yet the G5 will lap it up. I hope they lobby hard for monetary compensation of some sort for accepting what is clearly biased against them. I guess that will be in the TV deal?

as someone pointed out earlier, 6 + 6 won't be set in stone. It can evolve to something better

Alabama thumped Utah State yesterday. If some sort of parity is the end game, they're going to have to mix it up more

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    and yet the G5 will lap it up. I hope they lobby hard for monetary compensation of some sort for accepting what is clearly biased against them. I guess that will be in the TV deal?

as someone pointed out earlier, 6 + 6 won't be set in stone. It can evolve to something better

Alabama thumped Utah State yesterday. If some sort of parity is the end game, they're going to have to mix it up more
    Wait until you see how they seed the CFP.

If our MWC "friend" who likes to tell us we don't have an opening there is correct, Utah State would have gotten the G5 bid.
    And like he said, they weren't even the best G5, just the one that would have been selected.

The committee is going to find a way to make that G5 bid the 12 seed facing off against Bama and OSU, at their house.
    When they proceed to get pummeled, that will be the excuse moving forward to limit the G5 to one bid.

That token bid is just there to make it look like they are being inclusive. This is rigged for the P5.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    F it. How much money is this magic conference really going to provide that couldn’t be captured independently? I really question that.

Current conference media deal: $0. Now that is shrewd…. I pay ESPN $10 a month during the season. NDSU gets $0 for their contribution in return for??? Distribution? ESPN was a thing I guess.. times have changed.

INDEPENDANT. F It. Games on YouTube or something. It’s like TEXAS submitting to a big 12 media deal when they capture 50% of the revenue (not sure but whatever %) and sharing it with everyone..

I don’t care how “small timey” people THINK NDSU is. They are not. They are the story.

NDSU should make their OWN media deal, and they will DWARF what liberty brings with online moneys if they can INDEPENDENTLY schedule whoever they want. And win. Just keep winning, until people are watching to see when they loose. If they ever loose.

Because everyone is tired of seeing them with 80% of games by 50.

Schedule those drunk irish Catholic midgets under a 10% media share deal. And beat them.

Lots of people would tune in for that one. Because I am not the ONLY person that wants to have the lady exposed EVERY YEAR.

Could be by this team that is “really good, at the FCS level…”.

Havent we seen enough to know that is complete bullshit?

At some point, it is that simple. The money WILL come. Bring on the competition, and quit running things by committee.

That is grand forks style. Leaders inaction.

NDSU…. Action. Enough talking like the Sioux sports board. At least their fans consistently believe they could do it. This “realism” is on the verge of fantasy after all of the obvious ass this program kicks on the field.

It’s statistically unfathomable if you THINK about it. Since 1965…. They only win the championship of their level 33% of the time…. Over ~70 years??? Think about that. Took what, 4 years off playoff eligibility in there for d1 transition?

And I think they will maintain a similar clip at the highest level once the Bison get their hooves under them.

And if you think I am being unrealistic…. I have a LOT of stats that say otherwise.

Use YOUR brains.
    If you want NDSU to put their games online and play an indy schedule, that would end very badly
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Wait until you see how they seed the CFP.

If our MWC "friend" who likes to tell us we don't have an opening there is correct, Utah State would have gotten the G5 bid.
    And like he said, they weren't even the best G5, just the one that would have been selected.

The committee is going to find a way to make that G5 bid the 12 seed facing off against Bama and OSU, at their house.
    When they proceed to get pummeled, that will be the excuse moving forward to limit the G5 to one bid.

That token bid is just there to make it look like they are being inclusive. This is rigged for the P5.
    Yes, it is now for sure. I had let myself get a little hope that the P2 would leave but I don’t see them doing that now. NCAA is showing signs of life. This is how it will be for the foreseeable future, but if you’re NDSU at this point I would say you’re better off being at the table than not, assuming you can get an invite that meets minimum standards

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    This is how it will be for the foreseeable future, but if you’re NDSU at this point I would say you’re better off being at the table than not, assuming you can get an invite that meets minimum standards

With the FCS dying we don't really have much choice, FBS is the only option forward.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If you want NDSU to put their games online and play an indy schedule, that would end very badly
    Explain. Seems to work okay for your favorite team.

**whom NDSU, who is very much UNLIKE UTAH f*ing State. Would thump repeatedly on overdrive. Like a Robotic Bison.**

BTW…. When I suggest teams with a “SUCK” schedule getting in?

That is directed at your ladies…

Internet today > than NBC deal in the late ‘90s

If you aren’t a suck poser team.