Page 757 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2576577077477557567577587597678078571257 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,570 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If the 12 team playoff would have been in place last season, Utah State would have been the 6th seed. USU had an excellent season but they were not the best G5 team. They probably weren't even the best team in the MW. They beat SDSU in the championship game.

No G5 conference is "screwed" It still comes down to winning games. Instead of 4 nearly impossible slots to get, G5 gets a guaranteed spot. That is not the worst outcome. However, there are 131 FBS football schools. That means 119 will not be in the playoffs. Does that make them worthless afterthoughts?
    That's very bad news if it works like that.

The P5 control FBS, and yes, their goal is to make the G5 an afterthought.
    You will almost always see 1 G5 out of 60 teams make it, and two of the conferences are basically eliminated before a game is even played.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's really now or never for NDSU to FBS. If they miss out now they will be stuck in division 3 for ever. There's no reason not to be pushing all the chips in at this point. Get your ass in gear Matt!
    It's ridiculous to think they aren't planning/working behind the scenes. Assinine, really. The B1G and SEC aren't even done picking their favorites yet. From there, NDSU will have to decide what situation/offer is best.

It isn't bad news for the conference who gets that bid.

Idk bros Samantha Houston is looking pretty fbs right now

That could be us losing to TAMU by 7.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

But what if we were beating them by 7? Or by 14? I'm convinced that if we were in the CUSA and we go undefeated a couple years in a row, and we decimate most of our conference mates and adequately beat the likes of WKU and Liberty as well as our OOC's, we get invited to the new playoff. People want to see if NDSU is all that. There would now be a pathway. The mindset of holding out for MWC or bust, or even worse--MWC with SDSU or bust--is going to be NDSU football's undoing. In the new format, even ESPN won't give two shits about our 15th, 16th, and 17th FCS national championship. No one will. Including most NDSU fans. I can't believe more people don't see this. Heck, it is probably already too late. We probably missed our chance. But if CUSA would take us, we should be moving...NOW.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    But what if we were beating them by 7? Or by 14? I'm convinced that if we were in the CUSA and we go undefeated a couple years in a row, and we decimate most of our conference mates and adequately beat the likes of WKU and Liberty as well as our OOC's, we get invited to the new playoff. People want to see if NDSU is all that. There would now be a pathway. The mindset of holding out for MWC or bust, or even worse--MWC with SDSU or bust--is going to be NDSU football's undoing. In the new format, even ESPN won't give two shits about our 15th, 16th, and 17th FCS national championship. No one will. Including most NDSU fans. I can't believe more people don't see this. Heck, it is probably already too late. We probably missed our chance. But if CUSA would take us, we should be moving...NOW.
    You honestly think the winner of the future CUSA will be the G5 rep?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Jackrabbits too. Bring them with us to the CUSA. Would probably hurt our undefeated regular season dreams though.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    You honestly think the winner of the future CUSA will be the G5 rep?
    I actually like you, DD. And I'm gonna take your question as sincere. Like, do I honest think that. I honestly think that with 2-3 seasons as I described, then yes. I think we'd be a top 15 team and I think we'd get an opportunity in the playoff. First year, no. Second year maybe. 3 years of undefeated and literal dominance (which of course is not guaranteed that we would do that), then yes. I think we would be included in a 12-team version. I honestly do.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Also now what happens to non-conference games? For example....a B1G team v MAC? B1G v MWC? There's risk in losing games now, but with 6 at large a non conference loss carries more weight? Not sure this bodes well for future FBS scheduling even when NDSU is in a G5 conference.

Looking forward to seeing how the chips start falling now, anyway.
    G5 teams will be forced to take non conference scheduling seriously if they want to be the top G5 team. They need to schedule tough games like Cinci did last year.

As far as the MWC getting poached I don’t see it with this 12 team playoff why would the PAC-8 want to add any teams if they only have 8 teams to compete against and increase their odds. This playoff will be changing the landscape once again.

We cannot move to the CUSA and expect to move to another conference later with no guarantees . We may be stuck in the CUSA forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I actually like you, DD. And I'm gonna take your question as sincere. Like, do I honest think that. I honestly think that with 2-3 seasons as I described, then yes. I think we'd be a top 15 team and I think we'd get an opportunity in the playoff. First year, no. Second year maybe. 3 years of undefeated and literal dominance (which of course is not guaranteed that we would do that), then yes. I think we would be included in a 12-team version. I honestly do.
    Everyone should like me. Just ask El Chapo.

I don't think CUSA will get a sniff. Ever. And I don't think Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State will come calling to schedule NDSU for non conference anymore (not that they are but it was assumed it would happen when NDSU jumps) either if NDSU was CUSA. A loss in that situation for them is devastating before their conference.

Problem now is....CUSA may be the only chance. All I hope is it doesn't bury the rest of NDSU athletics along the way.