Page 740 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2406406907307387397407417427507908401240 ... LastLast
Results 7,391 to 7,400 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

I guess maybe I should wake up tomorrow and say "holy shit today's the day!" and be super optimistic. "OMG they're optimistic on bisonville guys, we need to jump to the CUSA asap."

Pessimism. Realism. Call it what you want. Forums are designed for opinions until it doesn't align with what you wanna hear I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I didn’t say I agree with the path but CUSA is there. Whether MWC, MAC or AAC is interested or feasible is up for debate. You have your opinion, others have theirs. Some of us like to try other things than settle for the 2 for $20 deal.
    Yeah. Today...it's not up for debate. 2 years from now when college football and those conference look completely different? Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I guess maybe I should wake up tomorrow and say "holy shit today's the day!" and be super optimistic. "OMG they're optimistic on bisonville guys, we need to jump to the CUSA asap."

Pessimism. Realism. Call it what you want. Forums are designed for opinions until it doesn't align with what you wanna hear I guess.
    Maybe you’d be happier

I do find it funny though when people come to this thread, or the Wentz/Lance threads for example, and are somewhat abrasive with a dissenting opinion and then wonder why they aren’t very popular lol.

If there was a “NDSU should not be pursuing an FBS invite” thread, I just wouldn’t go there. I don’t trust myself to not cause a bunch of trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe you’d be happier

I do find it funny though when people come to this thread, or the Wentz/Lance threads for example, and are somewhat abrasive with a dissenting opinion and then wonder why they aren’t very popular lol.

If there was a “NDSU should not be pursuing an FBS invite” thread, I just wouldn’t go there.
    Right? That’s the entirety of my point. So you don’t believe there is a viable path to FBS. Cool. Why engage with people that do?

Right? That’s the entirety of my point. So you don’t believe there is a viable path to FBS. Cool. Why engage with people that do?
    They’ll probably respond something about echo chambers being unhealthy. Which is a point. But the only thing you need to do to break the echo is respectfully state your opinion. Going in and calling people idiots or unintelligent does nothing but strengthen the resolve of the other side.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I do believe NDSU will be FBS. It just ain't happening until the dominos of college football start collapsing. And when that happens I don't think being in the shit storm CUSA is a better place than the MVFC.

Also, what's wrong with other opinions?

They’ll probably respond something about echo chambers being unhealthy. Which is a point. But the only thing you need to do to break the echo is respectfully state your opinion. Going in and calling people idiots or unintelligent does nothing but strengthen the resolve of the other side.
    Which I haven't done. But whatever.

There really isnt another side. Just different opinions on whats best for the program, when and how to get there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree. I haven’t responded much to this thread lately because I feel like I’ve shared my opinion and there isn’t much more to add. I can understand both sides. There isn’t an obvious clear answer. Realism would actually be stating something similar to that. Daddy Daycare isn’t a realist, he’s a pessimist at least as it relates to an FBS move. If he was a realist he would acknowledge that.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There really isnt another side. Just different opinions on whats best for the program, when and how to get there.
    Should we be actively doing something or just waiting? Two sides, it’s what the last 100 pages of this thread are about.
    *one day later*