Page 732 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227307317327337347427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 7,311 to 7,320 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The 4 million helps but is not a large difference maker. It represents less than 10 percent of the revenue for most MW schools. The trade off is mostly night games for football and not all on Saturdays. That hurts the gate immensely. In addition, the games aren't blacked out for the home team. A night game in San Diego is delightful. However, most of the MW plays in cold weather and at elevation. Not so pleasant.

As for the non conference pay days..P5's will pay up to 1.5 million but generally it is around 750 grand. Out of that money you have to pay for your flights, hotel rooms and food. However, you can use what is leftover to pay for your home non conference appearance fees..

Coaches in the MW do make more per year but a lot of that is coming from boosters with relatively low base pay from the schools.

Nevada pays Cost of Education stipends to all athletes. I think it is around 5 thousand per. That comes from the athletic budget.

NIL funds come from boosters and businesses. That doesn't come out of the budget..

I am sure NDSU could make the numbers work but nothing is easy in mid major land.
    Right, but all of those costs are already included in the budgets. So we’re just back to comparing budgets. I don’t understand how this is difficult to grasp. We’re talking about the increased revenue going towards the things you are talking about.

Whether $4M is a large difference maker or not doesn’t matter. It’s still $4M. If $4M isn’t a lot of money then why am I being told that we’d need to raise numbers similar to that to compete?

People are saying “look at home much more money they spend. Then on top of that, look how much more they spend on coaches”. No, it’s already included in the first budget number.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Just get a special rule. Why do they deserve a geographic pass and we don’t?
    If it makes ya feel better, Alaska schools get the same "geographic pass". Travel to Anchorage or Fairbanks is not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    If it makes ya feel better, Alaska schools get the same "geographic pass". Travel to Anchorage or Fairbanks is not fun.
    Agreed. Or Grand Forks.

Maybe we don’t deserve a pass. But you guys…. You probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Right, but all of those costs are already included in the budgets. So we’re just back to comparing budgets. I don’t understand how this is difficult to grasp. We’re talking about the increased revenue going towards the things you are talking about.

Whether $4M is a large difference maker or not doesn’t matter. It’s still $4M. If $4M isn’t a lot of money then why am I being told that we’d need to raise numbers similar to that to compete?

People are saying “look at home much more money they spend. Then on top of that, look how much more they spend on coaches”. No, it’s already included in the first budget number.
    Like I said..I am sure NDSU can handle the budget part. However, playing in the MW may not raise your revenue much..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like I said..I am sure NDSU can handle the budget part. However, playing in the MW may not raise your revenue much..
    $4m is still a lot more than other G5 conferences.
    We would only get about half that from AAC, MAC or SBC.
    And its likely a negative number for cusa.

The AAC tv deal distributes 7+ million to their members..

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The AAC tv deal distributes 7+ million to their members..
    Only to the old/legacy members, the 6 new adds are only getting $2M each.
    It creates a competitive disadvantage for the new schools.

Its been speculated this deal will decrease with the loss of Cincinnati, UCF and Houston.
    It has also been speculated the reason the legacy members still get a $7m payout is from the departing 3 exit fees.

Losing those 3 powerhouse schools and the 6 backfills they chose weaken AAC a lot, financially and competively.
    Its still a solid G5, but MWC should be the top dog now.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    $4m is still a lot more than other G5 conferences.
    We would only get about half that from AAC, MAC or SBC.
    And its likely a negative number for cusa.
    Besides the fact that the MW doesn't need or want NDSU right now, if or when the PAC 12 snipes the top 2-4 teams out of the conference then what happens to that money? She gone.
    I'd wreck your Momma to win.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

You say you don't understand how we're not understanding this, but I'm quite sure it's you that doesn't understand. If we go MWC, expenses increase faster than income. We need to find a way to make up that difference. And no, it's not the extra media or OOC deals, those are already accounted for. Not saying we can't do it, but don't think for a second we'd suddenly be swimming in more cash than we know what to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Besides the fact that the MW doesn't need or want NDSU right now, if or when the PAC 12 snipes the top 2-4 teams out of the conference then what happens to that money? She gone.
    Well a few things.

No, the money's not just "gone". Maybe it gets reduced. If the money gets reduced, it will be reduced for all of the remaining teams just the same as it would be for us. The hypothetical gap between NDSU and the MW on budgets would remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*