Page 727 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2276276777177257267277287297377778271227 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Problem is, CUSA won't have any good ones at the top either next year.

Here is the predicted order of finish:

1 UTSA
    2 UAB
    3 WKU
    4 Florida Atlantic
    5 North Texas
    6 UTEP
    7 Charlotte
    8 Middle Tennessee
    9 Louisiana Tech
    10 Rice
    11 FIU

#3, #6, #8, #9, #11 are the schools staying in addition to the call ups.
    All the rest are leaving.

#3 WKU is ranked 101 by Sagarin.
    SDSU is currently ranked #74 in Sagarin.

#11 FIU is ranked 161 by Sagarin, lower than almost all of FCS.
    Their ONLY win was over Long Island from the NEC. They had 0 FBS wins.
    YSU is #146 in Sagarin. Still better than what we would see in CUSA.

So our level of competition would actually decrease significantly top to bottom.
    Put that together with no media presence or money, and teams people don't care about it.

It's a recipe for disaster.
    I'm sorry but being ranked 161 doesn't put you toward the bottom of FCS.

Did you mean MVFC?
    College of Business Alumnus

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The hockey thing is dumb because no one outside of a 300 mile radius of Grand Forks gives two shits about college hockey. Id argue that our non-football sports are the most successful out of any summit or big sky school, so it’s not exactly like football is king here and everything else suffers.

But yes, I agree and I think that rounding out the AD is the best move forward. For many reasons.
    You may think that hockey at UND is dumb but it’s history is long and it makes sense for them. They just aren’t going to be able to compete with NDSU in football consistently because of it. Also, college hockey has as much national appeal as FCS football.

Our non-football sports are “successful” relative to two of the lowest ranked conferences in the nation? I guess I don’t think we should be hanging our hat on that. My point still remains, football is far more succesful than our other sports and until we balance that out we aren’t going to find an attractive conference and without a conference move in football we are going to continue to stagnate as a program.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You may think that hockey at UND is dumb but it’s history is long and it makes sense for them. They just aren’t going to be able to compete with NDSU in football consistently because of it. Also, college hockey has as much national appeal as FCS football.

Our non-football sports are “successful” relative to two of the lowest ranked conferences in the nation? I guess I don’t think we should be hanging our hat on that. My point still remains, football is far more succesful than our other sports and until we balance that out we aren’t going to find an attractive conference and without a conference move in football we are going to continue to stagnate as a program.
    Mens basketball
    Softball
    Track and field
    Baseball

All are the most competitive nationally that they’ve ever been during the past 10 years. Arguably all because they’ve seen huge influx of money from donors, in no small part due to the success of the football team. Yes, we’re not done growing them and ideally they’d all be top 100 programs year in/out. But I hardly think this is a UND situation where all the resources go to one sport and then the rest of the athletic department is literally in the bottom quarter in almost every sport nationally.

We’ve pretty much upgraded all facilities to be near state of the art. It’s on them to continue to grow and have success. The stage is set for all non-football sports. We can’t just buy a top 50 basketball program.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The hockey thing is dumb because no one outside of a 300 mile radius of Grand Forks gives two shits about college hockey.
    Point of Order:
    GFK to MSP: 320 miles.
    Midco (49% owned by Comcast) just put Midco Sports Net onto MSP cable to expose their top property, UND Hockey, in that market ... surely for no reason at all because no one in the land of the Gophers cares about college hockey.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Point of Order:
    GFK to MSP: 320 miles.
    Midco (49% owned by Comcast) just put Midco Sports Net onto MSP cable to expose their top property, UND Hockey, in that market ... surely for no reason at all because no one in the land of the Gophers cares about college hockey.
    Dumb fhawker should have used kilometers so we could understand what the heck he was even saying eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You may think that hockey at UND is dumb but it’s history is long and it makes sense, and money, for them.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Dumb fhawker should have used kilometers so we could understand what the heck he was even saying eh.
    Translator.

Default A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Your missing one small detail...each one of those schools was fully transitioned and proved they could be successful at 1A football before getting a MWC invite.

There are only 3 realistic paths forward for NDSU to move to FBS. Each has it's merits and draw backs. Any other scenario, especially the one where we keep doing business "as is" and patiently wait by the phone is a pipe dream.

1. Join a fledgling CUSA, complete the transition and gradually fund the AD so our budget is up to the MWC/AAC mean and pray for a MWC/AAC invite.

2. Pray that we could get an exemption like Liberty and move Football to FBS as an Independent. Win some bowl games and prove we belong and then hope for a MWC/AAC invite.

3. Remain in FCS and fundraise so that our athletic department is transition ready with a mid tier MWC/AAC budget baked in. Bring all athletic facilities up to a top level G5 standard. Build a new basketball arena where Dacotah field is and hire a coach that elevates the program to a solid mid major. Once achieved we pray that the Valley decides to move up to FBS and invites us as a full member or hope the PAC/Big XII expand and blow up the MWC/AAC forcing them into panic mode.
    I get it Scottie. All these boring posts. And not from your favorite bot.

Well Prayer Bot says let’s go with #2 then. Kinda like liberty. But more like…

NOTRE FUCKING DAME.

There is no other way. NDSU AND THE BISON have NO natural RIVALS.

Except for them.

If we all pray for this. That would be enough to get it done. Enough faith to move this little molehill.

INDEPENDANCE OR BUST. TM

UND is our ONLY RIVAL. TM

F-UND. BISON TO FBS. TM

Amen

Blip bloop. (That’s like a malfunction noise.)
    Last edited by Rock; 08-24-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Hail. The Bison.

Thunder just Struck.

Here comes the ducking LIGHTNING.

Let’s reschedule Oregon.

TM

HERE COME THE DUCKING INDEPENDANT FBS BISON

They can’t duck us no more.

TM

“Stony” Matt Larson was right all along. Pretty decent AD.

BISON INDEPENDANCE FOREVER!

TM