Page 725 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2256256757157237247257267277357758251225 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Same as it's not logical to say Brookings is an FBS town. I just don't get why people think SDSU can move up. What support do they have in place for that kind of move? I don't see it.

It will only ever happen in a scenario where everything goes to hell and there is a major divide among NCAA football where the GBS isn't the GBS as we know it now.

So in closing waiting for SDSU to be a partner is a dead ends. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This! The only viable partners we have are Montana if we go West or ISUr and Mo State if we go east. SDSU and MSU AD's and alumni are perfectly content in FCS.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This! The only viable partners we have are Montana if we go West or ISUr and Mo State if we go east. SDSU and MSU AD's and alumni are perfectly content in FCS.
    That's funny because both Montanas are on record turning down an FBS invite, MOST is rumored to turn down CUSA, and ISUr does not even remotely have the money to jump.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So you're saying no one will come just because of the conference? BS. Everyone of the CUSA teams has far more to offer than WIU, Indiana State, and Murray State. Probably better than YSU, Illinois State, and until very recently, Missery State.
    quite the conundrum isn't it

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    So you're saying no one will come just because of the conference? BS. Everyone of the CUSA teams has far more to offer than WIU, Indiana State, and Murray State. Probably better than YSU, Illinois State, and until very recently, Missery State.
    Have you taken a serious look at those schools? You do realize 6 of them are leaving after this year? On top of the 3 that left this year.
    NMSU, SHSU, JSU, FIU - are "better" than SDSU, UNI, SIU ? GTFO.

SHSU is going to crash and burn in that league ... even their own fans think so.

They've got a SOS website: http://www.shsuoperationzulu.com/blo...bowers-stadium

In a time like now, where fans aren't even sure how they will be able to watch BearKat sports starting in 2023,it's very transparent why the fans of CUSA teams today were upset with the conference. We need a culture change in the operations of running the SHSU Athletics, otherwise, we would become the next dead FBS school.

Oregon to the B1G next? Another slot in the PAC to backfill ...

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/...n-oregon-ducks

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Have you taken a serious look at those schools? You do realize 6 of them are leaving after this year? On top of the 3 that left this year.

SHSU is going to crash and burn in that league ... even their own fans think so.

They've got a SOS website: http://www.shsuoperationzulu.com/blo...bowers-stadium
    Yep. They're in a pickle I want zero part of. McFeely was talking about the lack of "buzz" surrounding their move too.

Have you taken a serious look at those schools? You do realize 6 of them are leaving after this year?

Yes, I know that a bunch of teams are leaving. But some good ones remain, and a couple good ones have joined. Might some of those teams leave in the future? Sure, but how long have we heard that so-and-so is going to leave the MWC? Or even that WKU and MTSU are going to leave CUSA? But they didn't. Maybe they're stuck. Just like we're apparently stuck in FCS waiting for an invite that's never going to come.

Also, why is SHSU going to crash and burn? They're a decent FCS team. Are you saying that the top half of the CUSA is far better than them? If so, I would agree. Which is why I want to play those CUSA top teams. Actually though, I think SHSU has a good recruiting class this year.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Yes, I know that a bunch of teams are leaving. But some good ones remain, and a couple good ones have joined. Might some of those teams leave in the future? Sure, but how long have we heard that so-and-so is going to leave the MWC? Or even that WKU and MTSU are going to leave CUSA? But they didn't. Maybe they're stuck. Just like we're apparently stuck in FCS waiting for an invite that's never going to come.

Also, why is SHSU going to crash and burn? They're a decent FCS team. Are you saying that the top half of the CUSA is far better than them? If so, I would agree. Which is why I want to play those CUSA top teams. Actually though, I think SHSU has a good recruiting class this year.
    SHSU is going to crash financially. No fan support. No money to expand their stadium.
    No money from a media deal. They will be a dumpster fire.

MAC has a partnership with SBC and is airing games on NFL Network in addition to ESPN.

Doesn't hosting Marshall or Louisiana on NFL Network saturday night sound a hell of a lot better than hosting FIU on Facebook?

https://fbschedules.com/two-mac-sun-...twork-in-2022/

Have you taken a serious look at the bottom tier of the MVFC? Murray State, and Western Illinois don't exactly piss excellence.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA