Page 724 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2246246747147227237247257267347748241224 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,240 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I'm down with that. Common sense and logic. You just type it better.
    It's not logical to say that UND or USD is an FBS program.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I've been on record and continue to say I'd like to see us and SDSU in the MAC. I think that's a great fit on basically all fronts. Problem is the MAC doesn't seem to feel the need to expand. I think MWC is a fantasy because we're simply not a mutual good fit and they have a lot of other options before getting down to us. CUSA is a dumpster fire we should avoid at all costs. P5, Sunbelt, and AAC are essentially impossible so I'm not considering them. If the NCAA landscape is completely upset and a nationwide realignment is forced upon us, the Dakotas, Montanas, plus a few others would make a solid FBS conference. Very low chance of that happening though.
    Not going to surprise you, but I disagree about the MW. They're actually the only conference that has been willing to go on record to say that our name has come up. I would argue the MAC has more potential options before us than the MW. Who does the MW have? UTEP and NM State? They're just as far as the Dakotas, they bring 0 eyeballs and the one school they benefit based on proximity (UNM) would be 1,000x against those schools joining.

The MAC is a bus league throughout, and we are a flight for every school in the conference. To me that just seems too much for the whole conference to get behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The same people saying we'd have a tough time making the financials work are pumping up USD and UND athletic departments to come up with enough cash to make it happen? Ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

DiD wE gO fBs Eh?

Lots of posts today.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The same people saying we'd have a tough time making the financials work are pumping up USD and UND athletic departments to come up with enough cash to make it happen? Ha!
    I would *much* rather stay FCS than let UND hitch a ride on our coattails to an FBS tier.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    DiD wE gO fBs Eh?

Lots of posts today.
    maybe the real going fbs was the friends/shitposts we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    The MWC has already intimated that they will not take FCS teams. They only want FBS teams. That actually makes sense. FBS teams, even in the CUSA, are already acclamated to playing a higher level of teams and to handing out more scholarships.

If CUSA folds, and we are a good team, I think we are an easy choice for the MWC or MAC. We might even get looks from the AAC or a very desperate B12. Worst case scenario is that we go independent, not back to the FCS. FCS should be and would be forever in our rearview mirror.
    I've never heard that from anyone reliable that MW only wants FCS teams. The other thing is, the more good teams that go to CUSA the more stable they will become. I really think a sold football team like NDSU would turn them around. Look at the Sun Belt. A few years ago everyone was going to wright them off.
    Last edited by NDSU1980; 08-24-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: correct spelling

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Sure, if you're cherry picking the successes it looks great. How many fully transitioned and fell into obscurity? Note that all the MWC call-ups are solidly in their footprint.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tball_programs
    Sort by Joined FBS date. What percentage of those schools would you consider to be a successfull jump?
    West of the Mississippi? Just one, Idaho.

ETA: ULM

ETA2: I misread your post, all were successful west of the Mississippi except for ULM and Idaho. Idaho has already transitioned back to FCS and ULM should, they are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    The FBS label doesn't make them relevant. You wanna see an empty fargodome go ahead and join that conference.
    So you're saying no one will come just because of the conference? BS. Everyone of the CUSA teams has far more to offer than WIU, Indiana State, and Murray State. Probably better than YSU, Illinois State, and until very recently, Missery State.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Same as it's not logical to say Brookings is an FBS town. I just don't get why people think SDSU can move up. What support do they have in place for that kind of move? I don't see it.

It will only ever happen in a scenario where everything goes to hell and there is a major divide among NCAA football where the FBS isn't the FBS as we know it now.

So in closing waiting for SDSU to be a partner is a dead end. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 08-24-2022 at 01:28 AM.