Page 713 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 2136136637037117127137147157237638131213 ... LastLast
Results 7,121 to 7,130 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

ESPN article today about JMU moving up to the FBS and NDSU being left behind:
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-fcs-conundrum

It is the most college football first-world problem imaginable, and a version of this seems to be afflicting NDSU as well. The Fargo Dome still hosted some of FCS' largest crowds in 2021, but it's difficult not to notice a trend: In 2018, NDSU averaged 18,106 fans at each home game. In 2019, it was 17,440, down 4%. In 2021, it was 15,101, down another 13%. "There's something to that that nobody will say on record," Brown said. "You used to not be able to get a ticket. You can get a ticket now."
    "This is the most successful program, with the best infrastructure and one of the most developed fan bases -- kind of a run-on-autopilot football program," Brown said of NDSU. "Put them in the MAC tomorrow, and 63 scholarships aside, they're making a bowl game."
    NDSU has clearly chosen to stand pat. JMU did the same until a great situation arose. But it will be interesting to see what happens if the Bison continue to win, and attendance continues to slide.

"This isn't the same FCS as it was a decade ago," Brown noted. "James Madison is a peer program and they're leaving. App State left. Marshall left [long ago]. FCS keeps expanding with Division II teams like Merrimack, and some of the other perennially strong programs in the Missouri Valley are facing some institutional challenges, like Youngstown State.
    "I don't think it's irrational for a fan to [notice], 'Everyone is leaving, and the title itself is becoming less meaningful, and the level of investment among our peers is declining."

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Very interesting. I’m curious if they reached out to Larsen and Entz. The JMU guys got a bunch of stuff in. Then for NDSU we have reporter Matt Brown speaking on our behalf.

Maybe we weren’t there to answer the call
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Good read.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Very interesting. I’m curious if they reached out to Larsen and Entz. The JMU guys got a bunch of stuff in. Then for NDSU we have reporter Matt Brown speaking on our behalf.

Maybe we weren’t there to answer the call
    The guy who wrote it responded to Mcfeely on Twitter and said he purposefully avoided addressing the "elephant in the room" in the article, since it was about JMU. He hopes to do so soon ... or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    The guy who wrote it responded to Mcfeely on Twitter and said he purposefully avoided addressing the "elephant in the room" in the article, since it was about JMU. He hopes to do so soon ... or something like that
    Well that’s weird on the part of the writer then. Why mention us and why have Matt Brown talk about us a bunch? It seemed like he was writing an article about both schools. It’s on my ESPN page and was tagged as NDSU lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well that’s weird on the part of the writer then. Why mention us and why have Matt Brown talk about us a bunch? It seemed like he was writing an article about both schools. It’s on my ESPN page and was tagged as NDSU lol
    I got the impression he was playing up the rivalry, and the fact that we're split up now. Probably to get more clicks too ...

JMU was more of a rival than perhaps any school not named SDSU, so I get the article. This line is so correct... "I don't think it's irrational for a fan to [notice], 'Everyone is leaving, and the title itself is becoming less meaningful, and the level of investment among our peers is declining."
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    JMU was more of a rival than perhaps any school not named SDSU, so I get the article. This line is so correct... "I don't think it's irrational for a fan to [notice], 'Everyone is leaving, and the title itself is becoming less meaningful, and the level of investment among our peers is declining."
    Yeah he definitely throws shade on FCS

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...ota_state_and/

The gopher fans really don’t want NDSU to move up

FWIW, I think many of you are misreading Cook. I take his "if they call, we listen" comment as a definite indication of interest. You have to take it in context

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Yeah he definitely throws shade on FCS

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...ota_state_and/

The gopher fans really don’t want NDSU to move up

FWIW, I think many of you are misreading Cook. I take his "if they call, we listen" comment as a definite indication of interest. You have to take it in context
    Wasnt Boise fcs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Wasnt Boise fcs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure, in 1994. 28 years ago. That's about 1/3 of a lifetime.
    How is your databank missing such valuable information?