Page 676 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1765766266666746756766776786867267761176 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,760 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    All good points, except for the fact that NDSU has a better basketball team, program and fan following than UC Davis. And as you can see with UC Davis and all other California colleges, the same dollars don't go nearly as far there as they do in the midwest. The FCS California public schools have larger budgets than NDSU, yet their coaches talk about how much more NDSU has in the way of resources than them. UC Davis is true FCS program in football and a bottom half program in all other D1 sports; unlike NDSU. And if it's about eyeballs and national market share like everyone talks about, UC Davis ain't gonna be it for the MW. It's Montana and NDSU.

Davis has location, size and academics on NDSU. NDSU has quality of athletic department, tv market and facilities on Davis. I'm not sure which one would win out, I just hope we find out.
    Hard to say what a better conference will do for recognition in California. The Big Sky likely does nothing for Davis. The Mountain West is at least a familiar brand.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Considering 8 is the minimum to even be considered a league, I would hope so
    I either heard it direct from the commissioner or he implied that they’d like to stay at 12. If they were to lose, they’d like to replace with the same number, it starts getting scary close to 8 because other conferences start circling the water.

Yes, MWC. I’m fully aware the conference can do just fine with 10 and has done so in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I could live with CUSA, only because it is a ladder. Only the indy option is off the table in my book, just too much risk being completely out on an island.

FCS football is not a viable long term option for our football program. It no longer offers a compelling product, unless something dramatic occurs the FCS product is only going to continue its decline.
    CUSA would be falling off the ladder and might even be worse off in 2 years.

What do San Diego State, Fresno State, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose State and Boise State have in common other than being in the MW?

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    What do San Diego State, Fresno State, Utah State, UNLV, Nevada, San Jose State and Boise State have in common other than being in the MW?
    According to Wikipedia, besides Utah State they all have significantly smaller endowments than NDSU?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Good guess... but no...

Go Big, Or Go Home

TRAVIS

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good guess... but no...
    I don't know if you're trying to make some esoteric point, but the easy answer is when you weigh all the factors that go into conference membership, the schools you listed are more like each other than those in the PAC, WCC, Big West, or Big Sky. That's why they're in the MWC. In the future some may decide they've changed enough to be more like a different conference and try to move, but it's really not more complicated than that. There's no shadowy cabal running things behind the curtain.

All are west of the Rocky Mountains -- some just barely.
    It's OK to not be OK.

All of those schools spent time in a conference that hasn't sponsored football for 17 years..Most of these school knew in advance that football was likely to end soon. Boise and NV, in particular, saw this as the opportunity to move up despite the fact the whole thing was obviously collapsing.

You folks here are quite confident that your school is upper level G5 caliber now.

I am not advocating for you to join CUSA but no matter where you go, the good programs eventually get better opportunities. If you are as great as you claim, CUSA is not a dead end..It is a bridge.

Either you believe you are destined for the big time or you don't..