Page 675 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656736746756766776857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 6,741 to 6,750 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

PAC expansion candidates ranked

https://saturdayblitz.com/2022/07/31...on-candidates/

10. UNLV
    9. UC Davis
    8. Fresno State
    7. NDSU
    6. Gonzaga
    5. Air Force
    4. Hawaii
    3. SMU
    2. BSU
    1. SDSU

Always fun to see NDSU make these lists, even if it is just internet fodder

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

10. UNLV
    9. UC Davis
    8. Fresno State
    7. NDSU
    6. Gonzaga
    5. Air Force
    4. Hawaii
    3. SMU
    2. BSU
    1. SDSU

Lucky #7 !!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

That's the other SDSU at #1.

San Diego State part of my three degrees of separation from Jr. Seau. My sister-in-law was roommates with Seau's sister when they were students at SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

10. UNLV
    9. UC Davis
    8. Fresno State
    7. NDSU
    6. Gonzaga
    5. Air Force
    4. Hawaii
    3. SMU
    2. BSU
    1. SDSU

It's OK to not be OK.

I have no idea what the Pac 12 will do but the most intriguing name on that list is UC Davis. I could certainly see them on the MW radar. They have a small football stadium though it is expandable. Their academics are first rate, they have 40 thousand students, they are in the neighborhood, they sponsor 24 sports, their athletic budget is bumping up on 40 million and could easily grow, and the Sacramento metro (which includes Davis) is 2.5 million.

The MW is transitioning the focus a bit towards basketball because football is becoming too corporate and pricey. You have an excellent football program but David has you topped in every other area..

Though the MW has not added directly from FCS, they have never publicly announced that they never will.

I do believe Davis has been a topic of discussion with the MW brass for quite awhile but they were loathe to go above 12..That could change soon if the Pac or the B12 do some poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I have no idea what the Pac 12 will do but the most intriguing name on that list is UC Davis. I could certainly see them on the MW radar. They have a small football stadium though it is expandable. Their academics are first rate, they have 40 thousand students, they are in the neighborhood, they sponsor 24 sports, their athletic budget is bumping up on 40 million and could easily grow, and the Sacramento metro (which includes Davis) is 2.5 million.

The MW is transitioning the focus a bit towards basketball because football is becoming too corporate and pricey. You have an excellent football program but David has you topped in every other area..

Though the MW has not added directly from FCS, they have never publicly announced that they never will.

I do believe Davis has been a topic of discussion with the MW brass for quite awhile but they were loathe to go above 12..That could change soon if the Pac or the B12 do some poaching.
    All good points, except for the fact that NDSU has a better basketball team, program and fan following than UC Davis. And as you can see with UC Davis and all other California colleges, the same dollars don't go nearly as far there as they do in the midwest. The FCS California public schools have larger budgets than NDSU, yet their coaches talk about how much more NDSU has in the way of resources than them. UC Davis is true FCS program in football and a bottom half program in all other D1 sports; unlike NDSU. And if it's about eyeballs and national market share like everyone talks about, UC Davis ain't gonna be it for the MW. It's Montana and NDSU.

Davis has location, size and academics on NDSU. NDSU has quality of athletic department, tv market and facilities on Davis. I'm not sure which one would win out, I just hope we find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I could live with CUSA, only because it is a ladder. Only the indy option is off the table in my book, just too much risk being completely out on an island.

FCS football is not a viable long term option for our football program. It no longer offers a compelling product, unless something dramatic occurs the FCS product is only going to continue its decline.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Fair points. I don't think the MW will add unless they lose 4 schools..I don't think they will be losing 4, though..

The only reason UC Davis has a huge budget is because their tuition in so expensive. It's 45k a year out of state and it inflates their budget number. The full cost of attendance to live on campus is $70,267

The fact they have so many sports inflates the total number of scholarships and that makes a huge budget.

They aren't spending much of that on athletics or facilities. They can't even afford full cost of attendance stipend, something we have funded since day 1

If the Mountain West cared about academics, they wouldn't have Boise and wouldn't have looked at Gonzaga, who isn't even an accredited University

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The only reason UC Davis has a huge budget is because their tuition in so expensive. It's 45k a year out of state and it inflates their budget number. The full cost of attendance to live on campus is $70,267

The fact they have so many sports inflates the total number of scholarships and that makes a huge budget.

They aren't spending much of that on athletics or facilities. They can't even afford full cost of attendance stipend, something we have funded since day 1

If the Mountain West cared about academics, they wouldn't have Boise and wouldn't have looked at Gonzaga, who isn't even an accredited University
    Yeah UC Davis’ academics probably gives it a better chance with the PAC than it does with the MW. Exactly my point with their budget. $30M budgets are not apples to apples when everything from tuition to janitors cost at least double in Sacramento. $30M in Sacramento is like $10M in Jacksonville, AL.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Fair points. I don't think the MW will add unless they lose 4 schools..I don't think they will be losing 4, though..
    Considering 8 is the minimum to even be considered a league, I would hope so

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com