Page 666 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1665666166566646656666676686767167661166 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,660 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am sure you all are aware that everything is up in the air at the moment with re-alignment and such. Though nothing is set in stone and the situation could change daily, MW Commissioner Thompson offered some clarity in an interview with a reporter from Hawaii. He said, that if the MW lost two members, the MW would probably stay at 10. He also said "We like Denver and west". That would seem to hurt your chances but who knows..
    He said a lot of things that imo just covered all the bases for what they might do in the future. I didn't take anything from his latest comments other than we will do something if we need to when the time comes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I don't think NDSU gets a football only invite to a G5, I'm fairly certain they'd try to get them for all sports. So flight costs do add up. It's not the time in the air, its the cost/expenditure (for all parties, not just NDSU) that they may feel they aren't getting a good ROI on.
    Agree, the current environment is one where conferences want some cushion to survive if they lose members. All sports adds do that, football only doesn't provide the conference any safety if they drop below 8 all sports schools.

It would take a small miracle to convince a FBS conference to add a football only member.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it's worth reviewing the conference options at this point.
    P5 is impossible. Anyone who thinks otherwise has absolutely no idea of the college athletics landscape.
    Sunbelt was the big winner in this realignment phase. IMO even better than the B1G relative to their previous status. Lost 2(non-football), added 4 to get to 14 and solid geography. We had no chance.
    AAC lost 3 and added 6 to get to 14. Didn't even look at us and is in good shape.
    MAC stayed at 12. Rumored to have offered 2 CUSA schools if they came as a pair. The xDSU pair might have a chance at full membership but they'll definitely offer others before us even if they want to expand.
    CUSA is the big loser. Lost NINE and added 2 FBS independents and 2 FCS callups. This conference is a dumpster fire and we'd be a fool to join.
    Since those 4 aren't going to happen that leaves the MWC. They stayed at 11+1. Being raided by the PAC or Big12 is looking less and less likely every day. I really think this thread has latched onto this conference as our last and only hope because all the others already effectively said no and somehow the MWC's silence means yes is possible. But again, if they decide to expand there are numerous other programs they'll offer before getting down to us.

Yeah it sucks, but the simple truth is a great FB program isn't enough on its own to get an FBS invite. Right now our geography, MBB, and enrollment are serious issues holding us back. We can do something about 2 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I think it's worth reviewing the conference options at this point.
    P5 is impossible. Anyone who thinks otherwise has absolutely no idea of the college athletics landscape.
    Sunbelt was the big winner in this realignment phase. IMO even better than the B1G relative to their previous status. Lost 2(non-football), added 4 to get to 14 and solid geography. We had no chance.
    AAC lost 3 and added 6 to get to 14. Didn't even look at us and is in good shape.
    MAC stayed at 12. Rumored to have offered 2 CUSA schools if they came as a pair. The xDSU pair might have a chance at full membership but they'll definitely offer others before us even if they want to expand.
    CUSA is the big loser. Lost NINE and added 2 FBS independents and 2 FCS callups. This conference is a dumpster fire and we'd be a fool to join.
    Since those 4 aren't going to happen that leaves the MWC. They stayed at 11+1. Being raided by the PAC or Big12 is looking less and less likely every day. I really think this thread has latched onto this conference as our last and only hope because all the others already effectively said no and somehow the MWC's silence means yes is possible. But again, if they decide to expand there are numerous other programs they'll offer before getting down to us.

Yeah it sucks, but the simple truth is a great FB program isn't enough on its own to get an FBS invite. Right now our geography, MBB, and enrollment are serious issues holding us back. We can do something about 2 of those.
    IMO the biggest hurdle with the MAC is that it’s a bus league. I was shocked seeing how close the schools are together. As McFeely wrote today, the MW is a airplane league so the geography isn’t an absolute killer but it’s still a hurdle. Also to mcfeely’s column and as the MW poster here has said, only people adding to the media rights are getting offered if anyone does. I honestly think this helps us more than anything. Us and Montana are the only ones anywhere close to being able to offer that kind of brand. UTEP and NMSU are far below us in that regard in my opinion.

MAC is only coming our way if there’s crazy panic and they want to go super conference and they add half the MVFC or something crazy.

The PAC has openly said they are looking to expand. The B10 isn’t taking any more schools from out west. I think it really looks promising for us to MW, but that’s just my opinion. We’d need the stars to align and I think they might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Appalachian State’s Sept. 3 season opener at home vs. North Carolina is officially a sellout. All 30,000 tickets are gone, plus 8,000-10,000 students expected to approach 40,000

Wow Imagine NDSU playing a Power 5 team in a 45,000 seat stadium on opening day

It would be Frisco x 20.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The watering down of the FBS?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On the one hand, LOL!

On the other, if SWAC can do it, why not the MVFC?

Does the SWAC even fully fund scholarships at 63? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Does the SWAC even fully fund scholarships at 63? Lol
    Mississippi Valley State's total athletic budget is less than UND spends on hockey.

https://knightnewhousedata.org/