Page 660 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1605606106506586596606616626707107601160 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post

"Jackson St belongs in B1G and Georgia St is a P5 team now"
    LOL

Northern Iowa was in the NCC until the NCAA implemented divsions I, II and III instead of just the college and university divisions. St. Thomas was also a charter member of the NCC.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Regarding rivalries, our current conference doesn’t really offer long-term historic references other than UND or SDSU. The UNI rivalry lit up pretty well right when we joined the MVFC. Other than that, the rest of our conference "rivalries" will be very easy to replace. Hell, UNI & UND aren't really competitive anymore so those have kinda fizzled anyway. I have no doubt that at least on the NDSU fanbase's side, new rivalries will be established in the MWC just about by the time the initial excitement of the move starts to wain. I'm also confident in the ability of our fans to annoy other fanbases and stoke the rivalry from the other side.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    "Jackson St belongs in B1G and Georgia St is a P5 team now"
    LOL
    NDSU ain't worried about being "exposed" by playing in a FBS conference. NDSU would be the ones exposing every G5 conference as a waste of 22 scholarships by contending for a conference title in their first season.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    NDSU ain't worried about being "exposed" by playing in a FBS conference. NDSU would be the ones exposing every G5 conference as a waste of 22 scholarships by contending for a conference title in their first season.
    Correct. That guy is clueless. I'm shocked, shocked I say!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nvmnd.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Do you promise that would be the case?..Because otherwise there is no reason for any conference to add NDSU at all.

I see lots of posts about how great it would be for NDSU to move up but very few outlining what is in it for the MW.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    This is one of those things you can get any result you want based on how you ask the question. If you asked the average fan if NDSU football should be FBS, I agree the answer would be yes. However, if you asked that same fan if NDSU should leave the 3 Dakotas, UNI, and all other nearby schools behind, double student fees, move media rights to subscription streaming service, and join a conference full of FCS Texas schools that rebranded themselves as FBS with finances so bad the schools may have to pay the conference I think you'd get a different answer.
    I'm describing a CUSA invite above, as I see that as the most likely yet worst conference that would offer us. MWC has the same cons as leaving our rivals and long distance.
    Just out of curiosity, what was your thoughts on NDSU joining the Great West with recent move up schools from California and Utah? I bet I know the answer...

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Correct. That guy is clueless. I'm shocked, shocked I say!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Seriously? The guy says Jackson State should go to the B10????? JFC Jackson state can barely hang against then shit teams they play now.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Seriously? The guy says Jackson State should go to the B10????? JFC Jackson state can barely hang against then shit teams they play now.
    He seemed confused about FBS and P5..