Page 656 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1565566066466546556566576586667067561156 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,560 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Can you at least agree that this is the only reason why NDSU can’t/won’t/shouldn’t move up?
    I'm fine if NDSU moves up. Just not to the CUSA or some other shit conference. "Fine" but not blow my wad and send stacks of cash to Fargo like El Chapo makes up.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The MWC is not going to add an FCS call up, regardless of who it is. We have a finite amount of time to make this move before the window closes and we should move when the situation is right. We are worth significantly more to a good G5 conference as a fully transitioned FBS counter. Up until last year, the only conference to take a transitioning program was the Sun Belt and Big West. Now that CUSA is bottom tier, they are taking them. Sitting around waiting for an invite to the MWC or AAC is in exercise in futility.
    After Nevada, Fresno and Hawaii left, that version of the WAC took on UTSA and Texas State..UTSA is moving to the AAC. It didn't take long..

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol. stfu. we don't care about und. just the pud fans do.
    real d1 ndsu fans want more. you dipshits are the ones holding us back

Groundhog Day

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol. stfu. we don't care about und. just the pud fans do.
    real d1 ndsu fans want more. you dipshits are the ones holding us back
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can you at least agree that this is the only reason why NDSU can’t/won’t/shouldn’t move up?
    I forgot to mention the obvious reason: geography.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Well they don’t want us because of the geography, but yeah 100%. At this point I think everyone is on board with going MW if we got an invite. I’d guess a slim majority would want to go if we got an invite to MAC, and very few of us would want to go CUSA. Does that sound right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Someone brought up Title IX.

First, has a group tried to resurrect a failed suit against UND (for dropping women's hockey)? Yes. Will it fail again? More than likely given same attorney, same claims, and plaintiffs with less standing than the first go-around. That's before I mention that UND had the best Title IX firm in the country on retainer when it went through the evaluation and action of dropping the sport. (That's why the first suit failed.)

If NDSU goes FBS it'll surely go from (FCS) 63 to (FBS) 85 equivalencies, 22 more for men's sports. NDSU will find that money. But where will it put 22 additional women's equivalencies? NDSU is max'd out per this site. It sounds like "add a sport" to make it work.

Additional thoughts:

Beyond Title IX (Federal law), to be NCAA FBS you must sponsor 16 NCAA sports. Checking the usual suspects brought up here ...

NDSU: check (8+8 for 16)
    Montana: fail (6+9 for 15)
    Montana State: fail (7+8 for 15)
    SDSU: check (9+9* for 18)
    UND: check (8+9 for 17)**
    USD: check (7+10^ for 17)
    UNI: check (7+10 for 17)
    MoiSt: check (9+11 for 20)

Montana and Montana State would have to add a sport to go FBS.
    All would have to ensure Title IX compliance.

*might be 10, not sure if equestrian is officially recognized by the NCAA yet
    **UND was at 21 when it first moved to DI but that is unsustainable unless you're P5 or have fat stacks of cash just laying about
    ^might be 11, not sure if triathlon is officially recognized by the NCAA yet

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    STRAWMAN !!

Im gonna repeat for the 100th time, because you and the bison media dorks don't understand:

if NDSU is in the MWC, that's 5 games in Fargo.
    Nevada for example would FLY to Fargo every other year, right now Nevada flies to Boise/Wyoming.. flying to Fargo is 1 hour longer, BIG FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKIN DEAL!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

... athletic directors are worried that the conference's media rights dollars won't stretch far enough to add more programs without their payouts being diminished.
    Translated: If you don't bring more to the pie than take, it's a non-starter.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-realignment/