Page 655 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1555556056456536546556566576657057551155 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    No, conference affiliation and lots of "fans" who want a move yet do nothing to financially support it are holding it back.
    lol if NDSU announced they are going to Mountain West tomorrow you'd see millions flow into this program.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol if NDSU announced they are going to Mountain West tomorrow you'd see millions flow into this program.
    Recession bro. Missed the boat eh.

Lardsin must go!

All this FBS talk and all I can think about is how our basketball programs are a liability to us going anywhere. I've designated Giving Day donations to go specifically to basketball, but I feel like I may as well light a match to that money.

The men's team is on the verge of being passed by St Thomas, Kansas City and Omaha. The Women's program is a shell of what it used to be. Neither one moves the needle for any conference entertaining ideas of inviting us. Academics and football check the boxes. The other sports do not.

For all the football success, we have failed to take advantage of opportunities in other sports. I'm afraid that until changes are made, we aren't going anywhere.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    All this FBS talk and all I can think about is how our basketball programs are a liability to us going anywhere. I've designated Giving Day donations to go specifically to basketball, but I feel like I may as well light a match to that money.

The men's team is on the verge of being passed by St Thomas, Kansas City and Omaha. The Women's program is a shell of what it used to be. Neither one moves the needle for any conference entertaining ideas of inviting us. Academics and football check the boxes. The other sports do not.

For all the football success, we have failed to take advantage of opportunities in other sports. I'm afraid that until changes are made, we aren't going anywhere.
    Exactly. After Saul & Oklahoma win was the perfect time for a nationwide search & a coach that would entertain & fill the seats

Exactly. After Saul & Oklahoma win was the perfect time for a nationwide search & a coach that would entertain & fill the seats
    I do t think that was exactly his point
    Clowned yourself again
    TRUST THE PROCESS

maybe you guys will like having Chicago St & U of New Orleans in the fcs. hahaha

A feasibility study by

@CollConsulting
    for Chicago State and New Orleans adding FCS Football (and other sports) has been published.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

und is non existent. even und fans I know have 100% gone to "hockey only"

sdsu fans loathe us

UNI fans actually hate us, I miss them already, walking thru their corridors at halftime was an adventure.

NDSU Is so ready and our FANBASE is soooo ready for new blood and bigger rivals. no one has touched us since 2009.

NDSU WYOMING. Bohl
    NDSU Colorado State we already beat them & lots of Denver NDSU alum.

NDSU Boise St. 2 dynasty programs

NDSU UNLV. Vegas games will have minimum 25,000 ndsu fans there
    these will happen Day 1

ps. these fanbase will bring 1000-2000 actual fans to Fargo as opposed to the 200 most bring
    You missed the part about the MWC not wanting NDSU though lol

maybe you guys will like having Chicago St & U of New Orleans in the fcs. hahaha

A feasibility study by

@CollConsulting
    for Chicago State and New Orleans adding FCS Football (and other sports) has been published.
    Now add the rest

They found it unfeasible unless large donors could be found
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Yep, this is the one move that would take us backwards, and jeopardize the whole program.
    It could cost millions, and get us stuck in a league with lower-tier texas FCS teams that simply relabeled themselves.

1 - It may be even harder to move to another conference, due to contracts and exit fees, etc.
    2 - We would be much more of an "afterthought" - because right now there is *no* television for this league after 2022.
    At least in FCS, we always get a few games on ESPN during the playoffs, and the championship game gets nice exposure.
    3 - It may be a negative revenue league soon - meaning you pay in rather than get paid.

CUSA right now is the laughing stock of FBS, and the Bison joining that hot mess would not matter.

https://www.mensjournal.com/sports/c...l-conferences/
    The MWC is not going to add an FCS call up, regardless of who it is. We have a finite amount of time to make this move before the window closes and we should move when the situation is right. We are worth significantly more to a good G5 conference as a fully transitioned FBS counter. Up until last year, the only conference to take a transitioning program was the Sun Belt and Big West. Now that CUSA is bottom tier, they are taking them. Sitting around waiting for an invite to the MWC or AAC is in exercise in futility.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    You missed the part about the MWC not wanting NDSU though lol
    Can you at least agree that this is the only reason why NDSU can’t/won’t/shouldn’t move up?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*