Page 645 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1455455956356436446456466476556957451145 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I don't think the Pac 10 will add anybody. I don't think the MW will add anybody either.
    But the Pac 8 or Pac 6 will for sure. Then we can watch the rest fall like dominoes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Regional rivalries are how college sports thrive. Professional sports. HS sports. All sports. Figure it out.
    The rival that most moved the needle for us was 1,500 miles away. And they just left the neighborhood. That’s why we’d ideally come with SDSU or Montana. Maybe a couple more if there’s a need.

It’s not a rivalry if one side never wins. That’s bullying. We haven’t lost to a current FCS school not named SDSU in 7 years. Who is going to be this “regional rival” that’s going to make things interesting? USD? Lol. UNI? We’re such big rivals the MVFC doesn’t even bother protecting our game together. It’ll be 10 years since they’ve beaten us.

The funny thing is you’re right about the regional rivalries. The problem for you is that outside SDSU there are none to be found in FCS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Regional rivalries are how college sports thrive. Professional sports. HS sports. All sports. Figure it out.
    It is important but Big 10 schools dont need them for attendance. Smaller schools do. Especially for Olympic sports. I guarantee USC will be a sellout no matter what Big Ten team plays them. People want to see good games and teams. Who doesnt want to watch Nebraska or Michigan. If the Vikings only played the Packers every other year, they would still sell out every game. What if the Lions were replaced by the Chiefs or Seahawks? I enjoyed playing JMU and the Montana schools a heck of a lot more than South Dakota or St Thomas. I like playing SDSU because they are really good against us

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The rival that most moved the needle for us was 1,500 miles away. And they just left the neighborhood. That’s why we’d ideally come with SDSU or Montana. Maybe a couple more if there’s a need.

It’s not a rivalry if one side never wins. That’s bullying. We haven’t lost to a current FCS school not named SDSU in 7 years. Who is going to be this “regional rival” that’s going to make things interesting? USD? Lol. UNI? We’re such big rivals the MVFC doesn’t even bother protecting our game together. It’ll be 10 years since they’ve beaten us.

The funny thing is you’re right about the regional rivalries. The problem for you is that outside SDSU there are none to be found in FCS.
    JMU rivalry wouldn't have even existed without FCS and playoffs. I get what you're saying, it was a great for a bit and they're gone. Good for them, they have a beneficial location.

SDSU, Montana and Montana State. If SDSU doesn't wanna go it's the 2 Montanas. It's still a roadtrip from Fargo but it's a neighboring state and would be instant rivals in the same conference. If no one wants to jump? Puts NDSU in a tough spot...which I guess is why we are still in this situation.

I agree it's time to go but it has to make sense. I'm not in favor of jumping after low hanging fruit just for a FCS to FBS label change.

JMU...Georgia Southern...made sense.

SHSU? We what see.

FCS is PUD now! yes it was fun, we dominated, but it is a shell of its former self, our "rivalry" matchups we have now are more than PUD.

NDSU into the Mountain West would trigger intense RIVALS with actual fanbases that will actually engage with us!

Boise State, Wyoming, Colorado State would be instant rivals.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    FCS is PUD now! yes it was fun, we dominated, but it is a shell of its former self, our "rivalry" matchups we have now are more than PUD.

NDSU into the Mountain West would trigger intense RIVALS with actual fanbases that will actually engage with us!

FCS is pud. Yes.

Rivalries you mentioned? Maybe Wyoming because of Bohl. The rest? Nah.

Also….and this is important….they don’t want NDSU right now.

FCS is pud. Yes.

Rivalries you mentioned? Maybe Wyoming because of Bohl. The rest? Nah.

Also….and this is important….they don’t want NDSU right now.
    If we went to the MW, the only school(s) that would be an instant rival would be ones we brought with us. You're right about that.

It would take years to build up "rivalries", if for nothing more than no school wants to be seen as a rival to a move-up. No different than we don't want to see ourselves in a rivalry with Murray State. But man, the dome would be rocking for the first 4 to 5 years at least with getting MW teams in the dome. And those road venues...I would probably hit every one in the first 4 years. That'll buy us time to build some excitement up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

IMO 2 of those 3 aren’t in the Mountain West if we get an invite.

NDSU would create a buzz day 1 with our fanbase traveling to these new towns and they will resent the fact that our "lowly d2" school will be kicking their asses on day 1. the rivals will happen instantly
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If we went to the MW, the only school(s) that would be an instant rival would be ones we brought with us. You're right about that.

It would take years to build up "rivalries", if for nothing more than no school wants to be seen as a rival to a move-up. No different than we don't want to see ourselves in a rivalry with Murray State. But man, the dome would be rocking for the first 4 to 5 years at least with getting MW teams in the dome. And those road venues...I would probably hit every one in the first 4 years. That'll buy us time to build some excitement up.
    I agree it would be a great move.

But once again. Today...they don't need or want NDSU.

Once the moves and shakes with the "big boy" conferences is complete, the phone might be ringing.