Page 643 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1435435936336416426436446456536937431143 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,430 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Boise State isn't the Boise State you remember..They get a bit more from the tv revenue based upon a deal the negotiated 10years ago..The do not get the extra dough from the tv deal..The MW schools pay it..They threatened to sue when the the conference decided not to give them the extra. After 2026 they will be back to an equal share..

The big dog in the MW is San Diego State these days..Once they go into their brand new football stadium this fall they will be head and shoulders above the rest of the conference..They have a fabulous basketball arena too..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    Boise State isn't the Boise State you remember..They get a bit more from the tv revenue based upon a deal the negotiated 10years ago..The do not get the extra dough from the tv deal..The MW schools pay it..They threatened to sue when the the conference decided not to give them the extra. After 2026 they will be back to an equal share..

The big dog in the MW is San Diego State these days..Once they go into their brand new football stadium this fall they will be head and shoulders above the rest of the conference..They have a fabulous basketball arena too..
    Exactly, when is the last time Boise has been in a big nationally televised game? 2014 fiesta bowl? Seriously I remember watching big their games but I can’t remember the last time I did in the last few years. I still don’t think they are getting into the PAC12 unless they get R1 status.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Attachment 9947

This guy seems smart. Sorry I suck at pictures.
    A little easier to read direct link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...cally_centric/

I agree with others that it would be nice to be in a conference with one or more of Montana, MSU, SDSU.
    Have no interest at all in attending games against schools like SFA and Tarleton, though SHSU fans are hoping for this, and they seem next on deck for CUSA.

I don't think the Pac 10 will add anybody. I don't think the MW will add anybody either.

another year wasted of ndsu dominance on the football field. thanks admin!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And northern iowa is a rival more so because their fans and HC are asshats and that one guy punched pat paschal and less because of geography.

Yes, a transition to FBS would require building up new rivalries. Honestly I think that would be the best thing for the program at this point. Let's get some new blood in here.

One of our two rivals in FCS hasn't beaten us in over 10 years and the other focuses so much on trying to beat us they drop a bunch of other games throughout the year.
    Agreed 100% with SDSU and the Montanas. I hope when the move goes down they are with. Regional rivalries are a necessity in college sports.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    another year wasted of ndsu dominance on the football field. thanks admin!!!
    I agree. Thanks admin.

It looks like Oregon and Washington may not be taken by the B12 due to geography concerns
    https://www.heartlandcollegesports.c...graphy-report/

I see this as a good thing. If the other 4 PAC schools move to the B12, I think PAC looks to backfill, and that could create a cascade to MWC. The PAC won’t fold if it has Washington and Oregon.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Our window permanently closed for FBS transition in 2036 which is when the ACC GOR expire. There will be major upheaval at that point with massive consolidation into a P2 set up. That means we need to be fully transitioned by then with a proven track record of winning at the FBS level. We will also need our football facility situation figured out before that point. That realistically gives us a decade to get the above done which is a short time line considering ND politics.

All of this realignment will almost certainly bring about a true G5+ national championship which is a perfect fit for us. I hope we have the right leadership in place because it's going to take some vision and mega $$$ to get it done.
    Last edited by AKBison; 07-12-2022 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Our window for FBS transition is 2036 which is when the ACC GOR expire. There will be major upheaval at that point with massive consolidation into a P2 set up. That means we need to be fully transitioned by then with a proven track record of winning at the FBS level. We will also need our football facility situation figured out by then. That realistically gives us a decade to get the above done which is a short time line considering ND politics.

All of this realignment will almost certainly bring about a true G5+ national championship which is a perfect fit for us. I hope we have the right leadership in place because it's going to take some vision and mega $$$ to get it done.

Personally, I feel like the NoDak IPF complex is hard evidence they are putting the building blocks in place now. These things take time to develop and openings to occur, but our leadership is positioning us to move when the time is right. The biggest challenge is fixing or replacing the Fargo Dome long term.