Page 642 of 1361 FirstFirst ... 1425425926326406416426436446526927421142 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 13601

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol wut ? Boise State is definitely a FBS brand that is well known
    Some college football fans were not even alive when Boise was last relevant……

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Once the PAC (inster number of teams here) raids Boise State and whomever else, NDSU can join the newly formed MWC with the Montanas and Cal Davis and ride the G5 train into whatever crap bowl games are left...and college football realignment will be complete will the big boys and the nobody cares....

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Once the PAC (inster number of teams here) raids Boise State and whomever else, NDSU can join the newly formed MWC with the Montanas and Cal Davis and ride the G5 train into whatever crap bowl games are left...and college football realignment will be complete will the big boys and the nobody cares....
    might as well just store sugar beets & sandbags at the dome then huh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    might as well just store sugar beets & sandbags at the dome then huh.
    Sure why not. I'm sure a November home game with a 3-4 loss team will draw straight electricity.

cfb.jpg

This guy seems smart. Sorry I suck at pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    cfb.jpg

This guy seems smart. Sorry I suck at pictures.
    Nice, reminds me of the 75% of the MVFC that isn't in the Dakotas. I do think that if we went anywhere it would ideally include Montana or SDSU. Honestly I would love it if it included both Montanas and SDSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nice, reminds me of the 75% of the MVFC that isn't in the Dakotas. I do think that if we went anywhere it would ideally include Montana or SDSU. Honestly I would love it if it included both Montanas and SDSU.
    I've never considered any MVFC team farther away than Northern Iowa as a rival in the D-I era.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I've never considered any MVFC team farther away than Northern Iowa as a rival in the D-I era.
    And northern iowa is a rival more so because their fans and HC are asshats and that one guy punched pat paschal and less because of geography.

Yes, a transition to FBS would require building up new rivalries. Honestly I think that would be the best thing for the program at this point. Let's get some new blood in here.

One of our two rivals in FCS hasn't beaten us in over 10 years and the other focuses so much on trying to beat us they drop a bunch of other games throughout the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And northern iowa is a rival more so because their fans and HC are asshats and that one guy punched pat paschal and less because of geography.

Yes, a transition to FBS would require building up new rivalries. Honestly I think that would be the best thing for the program at this point. Let's get some new blood in here.

One of our two rivals in FCS hasn't beaten us in over 10 years and the other focuses so much on trying to beat us they drop a bunch of other games throughout the year.
    Hard to form rivalries without being pretty close. The only national ones I can think of are Notre Dame ones and those are outliers (national alumni/fan base).

I only look forward to UNI games because I associate turn with being good. If you offered me tickets to go see NDSU play 2-4 UNI i wouldn't go.

In contrast, I'd be more than happy to go see games vagainst bad or mediocre UND/SDSU teams.

It would be nice to have one or a few potential rivals move up along with NDSU to have a couple built-in "meaningful" games regardless of record.

I would agree that the best options are the Montana's or SDSU.
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is "vagainst" a troll on UND and SDSU? If yes, major kudos.
    Insert something clever here...