Page 64 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566741141645641064 ... LastLast

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It doesn't sound like the FargoDome Authority is particularly stoked about even this expansion. I think they're entertaining it as a way to secure the convention space expansion at the FargoDome rather than downtown.
    Exactamundo.

It doesn't sound like the FargoDome Authority is particularly stoked about even this expansion. I think they're entertaining it as a way to secure the convention space expansion at the FargoDome rather than downtown.
    Seems weird that it comes up now after a bunch of back and forth about the convention center. Really not sure how FD insinuating that they're going to do an expansion for NDSU really changes the convention center for downtown Fargo's mind at all really though? I agree it must somehow be targeted at that group though for whatever reason?

Again even $35,000,000 (if accurate for whatever plan they have? not sure its best for NDSU??) for 5000 seats is a bit steep, need a return of $7000 per a seat to make it "worthwhile". Just don't see that happening, and the fact NDSU would be on the hook for most of it seemingly?? Why they would spend that much per a seat? Which would eliminate the $35 million for a future stadium? All dependent on what NDSUs longterm goal is? If they plan on using fargodome for the next 30+ years (seems unlikely?). Then I could see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Seems weird that it comes up now after a bunch of back and forth about the convention center. Really not sure how FD insinuating that they're going to do an expansion for NDSU really changes the convention center for downtown Fargo's mind at all really though? I agree it must somehow be targeted at that group though for whatever reason?

Again even $35,000,000 (if accurate for whatever plan they have? not sure its best for NDSU??) for 5000 seats is a bit steep, need a return of $7000 per a seat to make it "worthwhile". Just don't see that happening, and the fact NDSU would be on the hook for most of it seemingly?? Why they would spend that much per a seat? Which would eliminate the $35 million for a future stadium? All dependent on what NDSUs longterm goal is? If they plan on using fargodome for the next 30+ years (seems unlikely?). Then I could see it.
    NDSU is a pretty big tenant for the FargoDome Authority and by extension the City of Fargo. If they're on the fence about where to put the convention center (they're going to spend the money one way or the other) and if they're even a little bit afraid that NDSU could go it alone on a stadium and NDSU is willing to kick in a substantially all of money of football arena piece of this proposal it MAY be worth it to them in order to secure NDSU's business. And it may be attractive to NDSU because it would eliminate the risk of not being able to raise whatever they'd need to raise to go solo on a football stadium.

Or the whole thing could fall apart tomorrow.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

NDSU is a pretty big tenant for the FargoDome Authority and by extension the City of Fargo. If they're on the fence about where to put the convention center (they're going to spend the money one way or the other) and if they're even a little bit afraid that NDSU could go it alone on a stadium and NDSU is willing to kick in a substantially all of money of football arena piece of this proposal it MAY be worth it to them in order to secure NDSU's business. And it may be attractive to NDSU because it would eliminate the risk of not being able to raise whatever they'd need to raise to go solo on a football stadium.

Or the whole thing could fall apart tomorrow.
    So what you're saying is if you build the convention center downtown we want to be able to add on to the dome and if NDSU decides to kick in some money add seats for them without any big hassles from the City type deal? That makes more sense compared to the way I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So what you're saying is if you build the convention center downtown we want to be able to add on to the dome and if NDSU decides to kick in some money add seats for them without any big hassles from the City type deal? That makes more sense compared to the way I was thinking.
    I think if the convention center goes downtown a football expansion is probably off the table. If the convention center gets located at the FargoDome then you've got the makings of a deal between the FargoDome Authority and NDSU for a football expansion and other corresponding updates to the press and premium seating areas largely on NDSU's dime, plus ye olde skybar in the south endzone, complete w/ Kolpack's bathroom.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    I just saw online that it was estimated at $35 million for 5000 seat expansion. $150 million is obviously absurd and unrealistic. (35 million might be too.) Why would they even talk to media about expansion if it is $150 million?
    Why not supply a link so we can all read about it? But as has been discussed before they have known that it would be more cost effective to build a new stadium than having to do substantial renovations for additional seating.
    I will look forward to the link on the above online information.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I think if the convention center goes downtown a football expansion is probably off the table. If the convention center gets located at the FargoDome then you've got the makings of a deal between the FargoDome Authority and NDSU for a football expansion and other corresponding updates to the press and premium seating areas largely on NDSU's dime, plus ye olde skybar in the south endzone, complete w/ Kolpack's bathroom.
    I think this is very plausible.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Everything that was brought forward and then questioned was just verified in that interview.

Could not play link. Even at $35 million, it would roughly 13 to 15 years, best case scenario to recoup that--even with kick ass concessions and merchandise. (And assuming 100% sell outs, etc. ) (More likely 20 years.) Hence, does not seem viable. Only feasible financial thing they can do, is tinker with seating and maybe add 500 to 1000 seats. Or build a brand new stadium.

A 20,000 seat stadium would not be ideal, but would work for a non Big Five conference.