Page 628 of 1355 FirstFirst ... 1285285786186266276286296306386787281128 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 13548

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

So with all the changes happening within the larger conferences, some schools will move, some will stay where they are. Some conferences might change names, some won't. Some teams might get pulled up from the FCS and some might fall from FBS.

That about wraps up the outlook as anyone knows it currently.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Well right, but there seems to be a pretty easy out then with the exit fees (if they even existed). "Don't make us pay exit fees and we won't close the conference on your ass"
    You would think, but it didn't play out that way for CUSA.
    Once a team says they are leaving, they lose that membership vote and leverage.

What happened for CUSA is the departing schools went to court, started discovery, and found a bunch of stuff CUSA didn't want exposed.
    So, they reached a modest settlement on exit fees, and sealed the records.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    You would think, but it didn't play out that way for CUSA.
    Once a team says they are leaving, they lose that membership vote and leverage.

What happened for CUSA is the departing schools went to court, started discovery, and found a bunch of stuff CUSA didn't want exposed.
    So, they reached a modest settlement on exit fees, and sealed the records
    Seriously? Like what? That's too funny. I guess that's how we do business over here ...

What benefit does the G5 have to be in the FBS other than claiming to be at the highest level of competition and not having a chance to ever get to the playoffs as they are currently configured?

What benefit does the G5 have for associating with the FCS? None…

It was dumb to “wait and see what happens” then and it’s dumb now to take that stance. Indiana State, WIU, etc. will never ever in a million years be a part of some G5 replacement. The MVFC conference as a whole is not “moving up”.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Seriously? Like what? That's too funny. I guess that's how we do business over here ...
    The case records are sealed, but its strongly rumored this had to do with CUSA financials.
    Basically though, they told the court no school would want to be in the conference if this stuff got exposed.

https://www.hubcityspokes.com/local-....MjOOVVTb.dpbs

If the confidential information contained in the Confidential Settlement Agreement were to be disclosed, it could negatively impact C-USA’s ability to retain its current members through the next academic terms and to recruit and obtain new ones.

The case records are sealed, but its strongly rumored this had to do with CUSA financials.
    Basically though, they told the court no school would want to be in the conference if this stuff got exposed.

https://www.hubcityspokes.com/local-....MjOOVVTb.dpbs
    YIKES!

Run away!
    RUN AWAY?

And in light of this new information, I hereby revoke my C-USA North Division concept.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    YIKES!

Run away!
    RUN AWAY?

And in light of this new information, I hereby revoke my C-USA North Division concept.
    And despite the CUSA dumpster fire, they may outlast the PAC 12. Think about that.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What benefit does the G5 have to be in the FBS other than claiming to be at the highest level of competition and not having a chance to ever get to the playoffs as they are currently configured?
    Money. Lots of money. In the forms of:

-Larger salaries for staff
    -Better leverage with the state gov't on subsidization
    -Bigger donations to the school by claiming you're one of the "big boys" to the donors
    -Trickle down money from postseasons
    -Better FBS money game payouts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Money. Lots of money. In the forms of:

-Larger salaries for staff
    -Better leverage with the state gov't on subsidization
    -Bigger donations to the school by claiming you're one of the "big boys" to the donors
    -Trickle down money from postseasons
    -Better FBS money game payouts
    That's all fine and good as long as it also comes with interesting opponents and games our fans want to see.
    The conference membership is important, because that will be about 80% of your home games.

The idea of the CFP expanding was cool, but now it looks like the P2/P5 may own all of it.

That's all fine and good as long as it also comes with interesting opponents and games our fans want to see.
    The conference membership is important, because that will be about 80% of your home games.

The idea of the CFP expanding was cool, but now it looks like the P2/P5 may own all of it.
    If that's the case, the G5 will make there own FCS style playoff, and no, they won't invite the FCS. It will supplant what the FCS was, though, making us even more irrelevant. I think its more likely the P5 splits internally, and I have no doubt that NDSU would like to play FB in the MWC, certain fan tastes be dammed. A subsection of the fans will just want to see what they know from D2, but they will come around once that is left behind, finally.

If, as a fan, what you want most is to play the other Dakota schools all the time, then you are indeed FCS forever. NDSU may even be regardless, but I certainly hope not ...