Page 626 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1265265766166246256266276286366767261126 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Yep. I think all these moves are positioning for when the CFP contract expires and is renegotiated.
    Some of the conferences are going to have maximum leverage (B1G/SEC) and others left out entirely.

Those left out effectively will no longer be top tier FBS.

The scraps left over will reorganize and likely join with top tier of FCS.
    MVFC may land in a good spot if it sits tight. I'd take MVFC over CUSA any day.
    I think MWC will still be towards the top of tier 2.
    Again, it will be the higher conferences doing the inviting, not the other way around. I can't see the MWC/AAC wanting the whole MVFC in their level of FB. This is just wishful thinking.

What benefit does the G5 have for associating with the FCS? None…

It was dumb to “wait and see what happens” then and it’s dumb now to take that stance. Indiana State, WIU, etc. will never ever in a million years be a part of some G5 replacement. The MVFC conference as a whole is not “moving up”.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What benefit does the G5 have for associating with the FCS? None…

It was dumb to “wait and see what happens” then and it’s dumb now to take that stance. Indiana State, WIU, etc. will never ever in a million years be a part of some G5 replacement. The MVFC conference as a whole is not “moving up”.
    I agree 100%. At this point, it looks more likely the MWC will gain PAC leftovers rather than losing members to the PAC. But even if the MWC does have vacancies, they probably backfill with UTEP and NMSU, or maybe look at UNT. In the VERY unlikely event that they dip into FCS, it will be for Montana and MSU.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I agree 100%. At this point, it looks more likely the MWC will gain PAC leftovers rather than losing members to the PAC. But even if the MWC does have vacancies, they probably backfill with UTEP and NMSU, or maybe look at UNT. In the VERY unlikely event that they dip into FCS, it will be for Montana and MSU.

Montana/MSU/NDSU/SDSU would be a great combo for MWC, assuming all are interested. Montana did turn them down once previously.
    MWC would own that block of states with a move like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Montana/MSU/NDSU/SDSU would be a great combo for MWC, assuming all are interested. Montana did turn them down once previously.
    MWC would own that block of states with a move like that.
    Yes, that would be good

Vannini on 1660 at 12:20 or so

Hate to keep saying it but NDSU is really the only FBS-ready school in FCS, and that’s FB only. The MWC publicly mentioned NDSU a year ago, nobody else ...

If an opportunity surfaces, you’ll have weigh your desire to see better competition against your desire to keep playing the same people you play now

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    At this point, it looks more likely the MWC will gain PAC leftovers rather than losing members to the PAC.
    I've speculated when all the motion is done ...

The PAC votes to dissolve
    6 to the B1G
    4 to the XII
    2 to the MWC

But none of that happens until Notre Dame does what Notre Dame is going to do.

“There is also consideration of adding Oregon and Washington to make the Big 12 an 18-team league, the largest in the FBS”

Seems to be real for sure

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ns-to-big-ten/

Certainly, puts pressure on the PAC to get their shit together with a new TV deal ASAP

But is it really that easy to kill a conference? CUSA would be dead by now. It seems that even if a conference disappears, they reappear as something else. I'm still skeptical the PAC goes away

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I've speculated when all the motion is done ...

The PAC votes to dissolve
    6 to the B1G
    4 to the XII
    2 to the MWC

But none of that happens until Notre Dame does what Notre Dame is going to do.
    Why wouldn't the two remaining schools in the PAC keep the PAC name and add the MW schools (that they wanted to)? If I'm OSU and Wazzou, I'm not associating myself with Hawaii, Wyoming, UNLV, etc. That leaves a depleted Mountain West, which would allow for the XDSU's and Montana schools to be an eastern division.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    “There is also consideration of adding Oregon and Washington to make the Big 12 an 18-team league, the largest in the FBS”

Seems to be real for sure

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ns-to-big-ten/

Certainly, puts pressure on the PAC to get their shit together with a new TV deal ASAP

But is it really that easy to kill a conference? CUSA would be dead by now. It seems that even if a conference disappears, they reappear as something else. I'm still skeptical the PAC goes away
    So where to Cal and Stanford end up? The B1G?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Why wouldn't the two remaining schools in the PAC keep the PAC name and add the MW schools (that they wanted to)? If I'm OSU and Wazzou, I'm not associating myself with Hawaii, Wyoming, UNLV, etc. That leaves a depleted Mountain West, which would allow for the XDSU's and Montana schools to be an eastern division.
    In a dissolution vote the outstanding assets are distributed to the schools. Wassu and OrSU can't stop that if the rest want to vote to dissolve. Wassu and OrSU don't have options if that were to happen.