Page 625 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1255255756156236246256266276356757251125 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    That assumes the Pac still exists and MWC accept invites. That's most definitely not guaranteed if the B1G takes more teams. I can easily see a scenario with the Pac being reduced to WSU, OSU, and 0-3 other schools. That group has zero bargaining power and will be picked apart.
    I have no clue how this will all play out but it is probably not a good idea to assume anything. USC and UCLA have a hall pass the other Pac 12 members don't have. The P12 tv deal ends in 2024.

They can leave without getting really hashed by exit fees and GOR status. The other 10 schools have already signed off on an extension of Grant of Rights beyond 2024.. USC and UCLA have not signed on to the extension. That removes a whole lot of obstacles to moving in 2024. The other schools will have to get past the GOR and that is not easy..Or cheap.

Anything is possible but it is not out of the question that the 10 remaining schools will stick it out together. They may not look to add anybody. More mouths to feed..

The MW schools also have some of the same obstacles to moving until 2026. The reason CSU and AFA did not go to the AAC is that conference wouldn't pay their exit fees to the MW. The MW almost certainly is not looking to add at this time.

That is not to say any MW school would turn down an invitation to move to P5. They would make the jump and figure out how to pay for it.

However, none of us know what will happen..There is a serious dollar chase going on with the big boy conferences. That may make for some strange bed fellows and really unexpected twists and turns.

In the words of that noted philosopher, Cindy Lauper, Money...Money Changes Everything!

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing how NDSU benefits from this. We're definitely not alone in not benefiting. If the B1G stop at 16 then probably nothing else changes for now. If they expand then the Pac12 is done and either dissolves or merges with the Big12. Either way there's a glut of FBS schools looking for a home and we're near the bottom of the list. WSU and OSU have a realistic possibility of being left out and dropping to the MWC out of necessity, and don't have any illusions a conference would pick us over them.
    If anything it shows how far behind NDSU is in the metrics they find valuable for being of interest to another conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

https://mwwire.com/2022/07/03/mounta...osing-members/

https://mwwire.com/2022/07/04/report...g-with-big-12/

MWC spinning it hard. Too funny. Even if the PAC is down to 4, they’ll be the ones doing the inviting, not the MWC

While Jeremy Maus is a fun blogger, he is not the MWC.. He is not connected..He is not an insider...He is just guessing like everyone else..He might be spinning but the MW has remained officially silent about all of this..

I do think if the MW loses a couple of members, they will just carry on with 10. If they lose 4 they may look to add one..However, none of that will happen until 2026..

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://mwwire.com/2022/07/03/mounta...osing-members/

https://mwwire.com/2022/07/04/report...g-with-big-12/

MWC spinning it hard. Too funny. Even if the PAC is down to 4, they’ll be the ones doing the inviting, not the MWC
    Reality is the PAC 12 schools get like 20+ million a year from a TV deal. Mountain West gets 5 million a year

**edit it ends in 2024 so I edited it**

Although a conference with Stanford, Cal ,Oregon State and Washington State can demand more money than the Mountain West.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 07-05-2022 at 04:43 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Reality is the PAC 12 schools get like 20+ million a year from a TV deal. Mountain West gets 5 million a year

**edit it ends in 2024 so I edited it**

Although a conference with Stanford, Cal ,Oregon State and Washington State can demand more money than the Mountain West.
    If those 4 schools backfill with a bunch of MW schools they won't ever sniff 20 million a year again..I really don't see the Pac 12 imploding.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If those 4 schools backfill with a bunch of MW schools they won't ever sniff 20 million a year again..I really don't see the Pac 12 imploding.
    Actually in 2019 it was 33.6 million per team

The contact was old though. It was signed back in 2011 and if they resigned it today with USC and UCLA, they would have gotten more. Back in 2011 they had a bigger contract than the Big 10

The Big 10 now is on a different planet

Mountain West is chump change at 5 million. Oregon themselves are worth more than the Mountain West

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Actually in 2019 it was 33.6 million per team

The contact was old though. It was signed back in 2011 and if they resigned it today with USC and UCLA, they would have gotten more. Back in 2011 they had a bigger contract than the Big 10

The Big 10 now is on a different planet

Mountain West is chump change at 5 million. Oregon themselves are worth more than the Mountain West
    MWC may be chump change compared to P5 conferences, but its near the top for G5.
    CUSA may be negative millions to support the conference. It looks like they don't even have a media deal yet, they lost all their schools of value.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I predict what we know now as the B1G, SEC, etc will go away. And the structure of P5/G5 will also be vastly different. This was predicted about 10 years ago and we are finally starting to see some drastic moves in that direction.

TV contracts, bowl tie-ins (if bowls even exist), playoffs could all be blown up and started new to benefit those in power.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I predict what we know now as the B1G, SEC, etc will go away. And the structure of P5/G5 will also be vastly different. This was predicted about 10 years ago and we are finally starting to see some drastic moves in that direction.

TV contracts, bowl tie-ins (if bowls even exist), playoffs could all be blown up and started new to benefit those in power.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yep. I think all these moves are positioning for when the CFP contract expires and is renegotiated.
    Some of the conferences are going to have maximum leverage (B1G/SEC) and others left out entirely.

Those left out effectively will no longer be top tier FBS.

The scraps left over will reorganize and likely join with top tier of FCS.
    MVFC may land in a good spot if it sits tight. I'd take MVFC over CUSA any day.
    I think MWC will still be towards the top of tier 2.