Page 619 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1195195696096176186196206216296697191119 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    The remaining "good" teams (WKU/MTSU) getting plucked are what may be its downfall.
    WAC lost its FBS status due to a quick double-realignment scenario like the one underway now.

I'm not at all convinced anyone is throwing SHSU and JSU lifelines if CUSA disbands during their transition.
    Its also not clear if they would be granted FBS status thru a waiver/exemption, and they don't have the funds to be successful as an Indy.

CUSA is in a very very dicy situation now if additional schools leave by 2024.
    No legitimate FBS conference is going to extend an invitation to SHSU or JSU. They are local/regional teachers' colleges with no penetration into any market outside their local cities. Their only option ever for FBS was going to be CUSA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Here’s my prediction, fwiw. PAC will not go away but will absolutely fight to survive as a P5

After coming down off its high horse, PAC will take anyone with a FB pulse and a biggish stadium on this list

https://carnegieclassifications.acen...php&limit=0,50

If they went to 12/14, prime candidates include

BYU (22 Sagarin)

CSU (106 Sagarin). The Buffs will whine but now it’s time. CO can support a P5 rivalry at this point in time

Nevada (61 Sagarin). Why not

UHI (102 Sagarin). Good left-coast cause to support the Rainbow Warriors

Utah State Aggies (55 Sagarin). Suck it up Utes. Same deal as CO
    PAC 12 and Big 12 merge as a last resort. This really is our best chance at getting into the MWC. Need to make it happen now or never!

Cal and Stanford will not sit idly by and allow the PAC to devolve around them.

I'm guessing they're on the phone with the B1G also.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Cal and Stanford will not sit idly by and allow the PAC to devolve around them.

I'm guessing they're on the phone with the B1G also.
    I’m guessing that the BIG isn’t returning their calls.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    So UCLA and USC can join the big 10 but we can’t join the MWC because of “travel issues”?
    Billion dollar TV contracts make a lot of problems go away.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    PAC 12 and Big 12 merge as a last resort. This really is our best chance at getting into the MWC. Need to make it happen now or never!
    Yes. Larson had better be working this 4th of July weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I’m guessing that the BIG isn’t returning their calls.
    NDSU knows that feel.

Montana Fan page on Facebook:

BREAKING: USC and UCLA are leaving the PAC-12 to join the Big Ten in 2024, with Oregon and Washington expected to apply for Big Ten membership soon as well.

This leaves open the possibility that the PAC-12 will recruit schools from the Mountain West Conference, opening up a path for Montana and Montana State, North Dakota State and South Dakota State to get an invite to the Mountain West Conference.

Stay tuned…

#GoGriz

I don't see south Dakota State going. but Missouri St or uni ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Montana Fan page on Facebook:

BREAKING: USC and UCLA are leaving the PAC-12 to join the Big Ten in 2024, with Oregon and Washington expected to apply for Big Ten membership soon as well.

This leaves open the possibility that the PAC-12 will recruit schools from the Mountain West Conference, opening up a path for Montana and Montana State, North Dakota State and South Dakota State to get an invite to the Mountain West Conference.

Stay tuned…

#GoGriz

I don't see south Dakota State going. but Missouri St or uni ?
    Lots of moving parts still.

Will Cal/Stan allow PAC to slum with MWC schools? Or ...

When the music stops might the remaining PAC just merge with Big XII?
    I don't believe the picking of the PAC is done; I could see Cal/Stan/Wash/Ore end up B1G.
    I've seen a scenario where Colo/Utah/Az/ASU go Big XII and Wassu and OrSU end up ... in the MWC!

Some rumblings of the Big XII pursuing Utah, Colorado, Arizona and Arizona State. Have also heard rumors of Kansas to the Big 10. Seems like a reach but KU fits their academic and geographic profile.

Buckle up.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013