Page 610 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1105105606006086096106116126206607101110 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Let's presume they did something like this. How silly would it look in a year or two if said objective is not achieved?
    Would you then demand the President and all university leaders resign?

There's many good reasons the work for this happens behind closed doors, and recent move-ups did not announce they were "pursuing fbs" before a deal was done. I'm sure other schools and conferences already know our intentions and conversations have occurred.
    because we are obviously being black balled for being so successful, so you turn up the public perception that NDSU wants to be FBS but no one will take them.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    because we are obviously being black balled for being so successful, so you turn up the public perception that NDSU wants to be FBS but no one will take them.
    The point being?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

So, are you saying if you hadn't been so successful you would be welcomed into FBS..?

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    So, are you saying if you hadn't been so successful you would be welcomed into FBS..?
    we are a victim of our own success unfortunately
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

we are a victim of our own success unfortunately
    You aren't a victim of anything.

You aren't a victim of anything.
    Hold on. I speak jive, let me translate:

We were when we moved up to FCS from D2. The big sky didn’t take us because they didn’t want to bring in another school that would compete with the Montanas. Not enough places at the big boy table in the conference. I don’t know if that’s the case with the MW right now. I will say that if the MW was in the market for a filler team to put some W’s on the current members’ schedules, then they’d be better off looking at the Montana schools.

We absolutely are a victim of our own geography, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Hold on. I speak jive, let me translate:

We were when we moved up to FCS from D2. The big sky didn’t take us because they didn’t want to bring in another school that would compete with the Montanas. Not enough places at the big boy table in the conference. I don’t know if that’s the case with the MW right now. I will say that if the MW was in the market for a filler team to put some W’s on the current members’ schedules, then they’d be better off looking at the Montana schools.

We absolutely are a victim of our own geography, though.
    The MW is not looking to add anybody. Your geography is no deterrent if you came on as an affiliate football only member. Your olympic sports don't move the needle and you don't play all the sports the MW requires. It would be a very long shot to be invited as a full member.

This doesn't mean the MW is arrogant or afraid to have you in the conference. You just don't add anything the conference doesn't already have..

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The MW is not looking to add anybody. Your geography is no deterrent if you came on as an affiliate football only member. Your olympic sports don't move the needle and you don't play all the sports the MW requires. It would be a very long shot to be invited as a full member.

This doesn't mean the MW is arrogant or afraid to have you in the conference. You just don't add anything the conference doesn't already have..
    Watch out MWC, that blast of reality in in your last sentence might hurt some feelings.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm not sure what you mean by not playing all the sports the MWC requires. Assuming we add women's tennis for Title IX(easy addition), we'd only be missing men's tennis and women's swimming/diving. Several schools don't play those. We'd be playing more men's sports than 5 members and more women's than 2. I agree our Olympics in general aren't up to MWC standards as far as competition and media exposure, but number of sports sponsored doesn't seem to be a problem.

Right, but neither does Nevada. It’s just located in a better spot for the conference than NDSU. That’s my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*