Page 576 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 764765265665745755765775785866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I guess h and r block wanted new customers more then our resident audit because they had a hell of a lot better answer. Just go to h and r block during spring break and don't worry about it eh.
    Yeah, check my handle again. I’ve never been paid to prepare a tax return in my life. I’m not a tax professional. My only point is all this hand wringing over these young adults making money and oh my god how are they ever going to pay their income tax is fucking absurd.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 05-05-2022 at 02:52 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yeah, check my handle again. I’ve never been paid to prepare a tax return in my life. I’m not a tax professional. My only point is all this hand wringing over these young adults marking money and oh my god how are they ever going to pay their income tax is fucking absurd.
    You must have been way more mature then me when you were that age. Although I was probably to immature to even play college sports eh. It wasn't hand wringing. It was me using my story that I live in experiences and then being genuinely curious. But yeah you got me good.

Lardsin must go!

Yeah, check my handle again. I’ve never been paid to prepare a tax return in my life. I’m not a tax professional. My only point is all this hand wringing over these young adults making money and oh my god how are they ever going to pay their income tax is fucking absurd.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    No, that's popping up elsewhere. Culhane was just talking about it.

And yes, if they can sort it out to their liking, then they won't leave the NCAA, but FBS splitting off is much more likely than the P5 splitting off or splitting internally, IMO. I think they'd prefer to stay but want more governance, and Emmert supplied absolutely none.

The sense I get is that everyone now thinks NIL is out of control, even the super-league teams. We'll see
    The only thing the bigs want the 2A for is to be administrators. Stay in you lane and dont fuck with our money.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The only thing the bigs want the 2A for is to be administrators. Stay in you lane and dont fuck with our money.
    This will go over great on this board I’m sure, but what about an NIL "tax" on mega-dollar-FBS (i.e. upper P5) deals, where say after fed/state comes out, 10 % goes back to help the FBS lessers? Just have to define an upper threshold that triggers it.

I just don’t see how you put this Genie back in the bottle, so the only option going forward is to regulate NIL. Without something like this, it seems inevitable that the P5 will fracture in about 10 years.

Scenarios sorted by probability (IMO)

FBS stays affiliated with NCAA
    FBS separates from NCAA
    P5 fractures and the very top P5s leave NCAA (best case for NDSU)
    P5 leaves the NCAA (I think this is the least likely)

soooo no FBS for NDSU for the 10th straight year huh?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by el_chapo View Post
    soooo no fbs for ndsu for the 10th straight year huh?
    fuck!!!! Shut up!!!!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    fuck!!!! Shut up!!!!!!!
    enjoy your 17th title and 17th time in brown grass frisco with the 80+ year old crowd of ND snowbirds that drive/fly over from Arizona
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    This will go over great on this board I’m sure, but what about an NIL "tax" on mega-dollar-FBS (i.e. upper P5) deals, where say after fed/state comes out, 10 % goes back to help the FBS lessers? Just have to define an upper threshold that triggers it.

I just don’t see how you put this Genie back in the bottle, so the only option going forward is to regulate NIL. Without something like this, it seems inevitable that the P5 will fracture in about 10 years.

Scenarios sorted by probability (IMO)

FBS stays affiliated with NCAA
    FBS separates from NCAA
    P5 fractures and the very top P5s leave NCAA (best case for NDSU)
    P5 leaves the NCAA (I think this is the least likely)
    The teams have been taking 100 percent of the revenue and the players have gotten nothing ever and now that they’re being allowed to make a few marketing bucks off of their name and talent you think the teams should get a slice of that too?! How about the teams actual pay them for their skills first!
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The teams have been taking 100 percent of the revenue and the players have gotten nothing ever and now that they’re being allowed to make a few marketing bucks off of their name and talent you think the teams should get a slice of that too?! How about the teams actual pay them for their skills first!
    Alienation of workers from their labor bro. Hardly the first example of that in our corporationist system. All organizations have their hands out when their laborers start bringing in extra cash.

In all seriousness, I would love to see the kids get paid how much they were actually worth. That way about 95% of them would realize how important school actually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*