Page 571 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 714715215615695705715725735816216711071 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    exactly its 1 nice dinner date. Get to that Funding Level, Bring in New FBS conference TV revenue money and possibly Big Dance money if we go all sports and this is a NO BRAINER.. shit should be done already. freakin stony brook

and ZERO ZERO reason to be with a "partner" or wait for the "dakotas or montanas" F em.
    Or just take out a college loan and expect it to be forgiven? That’s how money is getting “spent” at the Federal level right now, and ends up right back in the pockets of those who voted for said spending/measures.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Or just take out a college loan and expect it to be forgiven? That’s how money is getting “spent” at the Federal level right now, and ends up right back in the pockets of those who voted for said spending/measures.
    I don’t know seems like it’s all a bunch of talk so far.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    So you honesty thing und would but up extra money so the fb program could move up. Hockey only crowd would explode.
    Just as there's no "FCS Forever" crowd here, there's no "hockey only" crowd there.
    Right circumstance, right opportunity, and people would make the right move.
    If FB would generate more revenue, you bet they'd go for it.

As far as money spend, in the group I mention (plus Idaho), NDSU's mid-pack.
    The Montana schools (and SDSU?) are shelling out some football dollars: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/b9d2b703
    Compared to Montana State, we're all pikers.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Just as there's no "FCS Forever" crowd here, there's no "hockey only" crowd there.
    Right circumstance, right opportunity, and people would make the right move.
    If FB would generate more revenue, you bet they'd go for it.

As far as money spend, in the group I mention (plus Idaho), NDSU's mid-pack.
    The Montana schools (and SDSU?) are shelling out some football dollars: https://knightnewhousedata.org/reports/b9d2b703
    Compared to Montana State, we're all pikers.
    That’s just regurgitating DOE numbers, like these two links

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-h...s-programs-are

https://thesportsarsenal.com/2021/02...ses-fcs-style/

And as both authors acknowledge, they are meaningless. But sure, if you say so, NDSU spends as much on FB as Bucknell and Lehigh. I haven’t seen their IPFs, so I can’t comment, but I know they don’t put many players in the NFL …

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

exactly its 1 nice dinner date. Get to that Funding Level, Bring in New FBS conference TV revenue money and possibly Big Dance money if we go all sports and this is a NO BRAINER.. shit should be done already. freakin stony brook

and ZERO ZERO reason to be with a "partner" or wait for the "dakotas or montanas" F em.
    Hope you're not counting on CUSA to do that. They burned bridges with ESPN, and as a result have a sh!tty media deal. We likely make more now.

Most *other* G5 conferences are paying out new members about $2M/year, except for MWC, which is much better.

That would about cover the NIL money for one USC wide receiver.

Reality is our fans/donors are going to need to spend more if we want to be competitive in FBS. Media money won't do it.
    And its also not a fair ask of students to foot the bill for what is becoming NFL lite, with escalating costs.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2022/4/...ama-ohio-state

The other cool thing about this link is that you can see exactly where the split would happen, assuming that they ever got their poop in a group and figured how to do. Now, with Emmert gone, things will move even slower, if it ever happens.

Right around a "draft value" of 15000. NDSU is close to schools like Cincinnati and Wake Forest, clearly at the top of the second tier. Hard to say which other FCS schools would be in that tier, since we have no control over it.
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 05-03-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Why didn't (Dean or Cook) & Matt Larsen goto the Mountain West Conference Meeting in beautiful San Diego, CA! ☀️�� today???????????
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The more important question is why am I not in beautiful San Diego today.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why didn't (Dean or Cook) & Matt Larsen goto the Mountain West Conference Meeting in beautiful San Diego, CA! ☀️�� today???????????
    I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s because NDSU isn’t in the Mountain West.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    The more important question is why am I not in beautiful San Diego today.
    good question. get down there & put in a good word for NDSU since NDSU admin are afraid to even go glad-hand...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?